Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I can't build the zPatch. I get this error when hitting the build button :" Error: Failed to create new element at 0, "zPatch.esp '1.7' is not a valid floating point value". Can anybody help? I am sure to use the Mator version of the NPC Enchant fix ("hishy-npc-enchant-fix-mator-master").

Sorry, I don't know how to edit an old post, so i'm replying to my own post.

I solved the problem by creating an empty plugin in the CK and renamed the emtpty plugin to "zPatch.esp". This zPatch.esp i put last in my load order after the Bashed Patch. After this the building of the (updated) zPatch in ZEdit was done without a problem. This patch has a size of approx. 4.2 MB, does this sound right? I was posting my solution just in case someone else does have the same problem....

What does the zPatch actually do?

Unfortunately i'm really not the right person to answer this question. I think there are other people here with much more knowledge.....

Do you guys think that UnDeath is worth the three esps. and all the cleaning is I have no intention of becoming a Lich?

Not really.  My one complaint about this list is that 90% of it is "Core", and a lot of it, I just don't want (Undeath, Hunterborn, WICO) but if I want the compatibility patches I need a lot of them.  Also, a lot of those patches have some of the "Optional" tagged items as masters, so they're not really that optional.  

This is a problem for me, because it means there are a *lot* of moving parts, many of them I'm not actually familiar with, so trying to figure which mod has changed what is kind of a pain.  Yes, I read their mod pages when installing them, but there are over 400 mods on this list.  That's a an overwhelming amount of information and it all bleeds together.

That said, I do *love* this list, and it includes damn near every mod I *do* want in my game, so I'm pushing through.  

Edited by Barachiel

Do you guys think that UnDeath is worth the three esps. and all the cleaning is I have no intention of becoming a Lich?

Given the entire point of Undeath is literally that, you answered your own question in that respect. 

The thing to just be aware of is that it's part of the CR (and the LOTD merge patch), so if you intend to use guide patches you'll need to clean records from Undeath out of them. It's really not a complicated process, but you just need to decide whether you want to do the few minutes of work on it. 

Edited by Tzefira

make sure you are using the correct version of the Script you MUST use the Fixed vesion by Mator https://github.com/matortheeternal/hishy-npc-enchant-fix/tree/mator-master

I can't build the zPatch. I get this error when hitting the build button :" Error: Failed to create new element at 0, "zPatch.esp '1.7' is not a valid floating point value". Can anybody help? I am sure to use the Mator version of the NPC Enchant fix ("hishy-npc-enchant-fix-mator-master").

Battlestaqr1965, ensure you are using the version of the script created by matortheeternal:  https://github.com/matortheeternal/hishy-npc-enchant-fix/tree/mator-master

Battlestaqr1965, ensure you are using the version of the script created by matortheeternal:  https://github.com/matortheeternal/hishy-npc-enchant-fix/tree/mator-master

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am sure that i am using the correct script. And as i already pointed out here https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13092-lexys-legacy-of-the-dragonborn-special-edition/page-149?do=findComment&comment=218113 , i found a solution for the problem.

What does the zPatch actually do?

The [hishy-npc-enchant-fix] link on the Prerequisites page takes you to matortheeternal's hishy-npc-enchant-fix webpage, where you downloaded his version of the hishy script: A simple port of ASIS' NPC Enchant Fix.  At the bottom of that page is a link to the Nexus Skyrim mod ASIS, where you can read the full description.  The short description is: ASIS- Automatic Spells, Increased Spawns, Customized AI, and more, featured as the succeeding mod to PISE. Compatible with nearly all mods!

I don't know how much of the original mod's functionality is in the script mator edited, but from from what I've seen so far (and from what's been posted in this forum about this), I'm guessing most of it.

Edited by Decopauge123

I don't know how much of the original mod's functionality is in the script mator edited, but from from what I've seen so far (and from what's been posted in this forum about this), I'm guessing most of it.

Not exactly.

Only NPC enchantment fix was ported over.

The way it works is by adding two new perks to each NPC found in your current load order, which will allow them to benefit from enchanted items they might be carrying

You're right, and I would have said much the same if I hadn't been still half-asleep when I typed that.  The name says it all (sort of). ::):

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am sure that i am using the correct script. And as i already pointed out here https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13092-lexys-legacy-of-the-dragonborn-special-edition/page-149?do=findComment&comment=218113 , i found a solution for the problem.

It's good that you found a solution that works for you. :thumbsup:

What I curious about is why you had to develop your solution, and if anyone else had the same problem.  I had no problem creating the zPtach.esp, other than not reading the directions and trying to use zEdit v0.3.0 the first time I attempted to create it.  I switched to v0.2.0 and had no further problems creating the ESP.

The [hishy-npc-enchant-fix] link on the Prerequisites page takes you to matortheeternal's hishy-npc-enchant-fix webpage, where you downloaded his version of the hishy script: A simple port of ASIS' NPC Enchant Fix.  At the bottom of that page is a link to the Nexus Skyrim mod ASIS, where you can read the full description.  The short description is: ASIS- Automatic Spells, Increased Spawns, Customized AI, and more, featured as the succeeding mod to PISE. Compatible with nearly all mods!

Grand thanks, that makes sense. Lettng those poor poor NPCs enjoy the benefits of their soon to be loot enchanted gear

Given the entire point of Undeath is literally that, you answered your own question in that respect. 

The thing to just be aware of is that it's part of the CR (and the LOTD merge patch), so if you intend to use guide patches you'll need to clean records from Undeath out of them. It's really not a complicated process, but you just need to decide whether you want to do the few minutes of work on it. 

I actually have my own C.R patch that's I've been working on for the last few months. It's also absorbs a few smaller mods (that only affect a few records into it) so I won't be using the one here. That said I've checked it out to compare with my own. Its not all that different. Plus if I needed to really use a patch from here that has a dependency I would just clean out the records from it with xEdits 'Report Same as Master' whatever it's called and do it that way.

Well I'll leave out the Undead mods at the moment so.

It's great to have the list here though, as alot has changed since I started (since SE release) so it's great to grab what I have missed