Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Lexy, I think Convenient Horses and EFF are clashing. The dialogue for followers to buy horses from CH (once you finish CH's new "intro quest" to unlock the functionalities) never appears with EFF's ride horses option turned off, and followers don't ride EFF horses with the option turned on.

I've mentioned it on here but nobody would respond to me, so I don't know whether that means nobody's tried or nobody's having the problem but me. But wanted to bring it up as if it's a real clash then it might need looking into. 

Tzefira, I have not tried to to have my followers buy horses from CH and am unable to help you with your problem.

That's what I could have posted when you first mentioned your problem, but I didn't because I didn't see how my lack of knowledge about your problem would help.  What didn't occur to me was that no response would leave you hanging (not knowing), and for that I apologize. :wallbash:

OK, I don't tend to ride horses and if I do I don't care if my follower rides or not. Do you happen to know if there is a clash with iAFT I have been serious thought to switching to that? 

I do see a conflict between CH and ICAIO that hasn't been resolved and one with Andromeda (Looks like Andromeda needs a LOOT Rule to load after CH) I don't see any conflicts between EFF and CH so that is likely to be a scripting issue which is beyond my skills.

I have CH installed but haven't been on a horse in-game since I started following DarkladyLKexy's Build.  When I'm playing and not testing, I normally don't ride a horse (I'll have my steward's buy horses but almost never ride them) ::): .

The buy a horse never appears, follower will jump on any horse.  Summoning horses doesn't work for followers.

Basically half the reason you have CH didn't work for me with iAFT.  All works perfectly with EFF though.

I did find with EFF that setting the Safe House as their residence doesn't work.  I installed My Home Is Your Home mod and disable the residence plugin in EFF.

Having same problems. Wanted to confirm it wasn't just me. I've moved EFF and CH around in my load order but never can get the 'buy a horse' dialogue to appear no matter which loads last. Followers will randomly jump on a spare horse in a stable if one is standing around, but won't summon their own when I use horse call.

There's a note that CH won't work with 3DNPC, just to be aware of (I was experimenting with vanilla followers and Toccata though).

Safe House also doesn't work for me. 

There's a note CH won't work with 3DNPC, just to be aware of (though I was experimenting with vanilla followers and Toccata so I haven't checked out the 3DNPC conflicts).

Okay, I ran the zEdit as explained. Relatively easy to do.  Now I have a mod in my list.  Where do I put it in the left-hand panel?

Place it after the Bash Patch in both the Left and Right pane.

DarkladyLexy, I placed 'zPatch.esp' after 'Bashed Patch, 0.esp' in MO2's Left Pane, and a LOOT rule loading 'zPatch.esp' after 'Bashed Patch, 0.esp' takes care of MO2's Right Pane for me.  ::): :cool:

Edited by Decopauge123

well if Convenient Horses has issues has anyone tried ported Immersive Horses? cos on SE It's Convenient Horses or Nothing at the moment.

Lexy, CH has absolutely NO issues. Tested and tested again and again. It works just fine on its own right!

I am not using EFF though...using iAFT and they work beautifully together as long as one makes the right choices in iAFT MCM and of course patch the 2 plugins.

Unfortunately the patch is not that trivial as it requires altering the stables quest and editing the relevant script (qf_stables_00068d73.pex).

Also, I do not know if u r using RDO in your guide, but that mod needs also patching with CH.

I can give you the patch I have for both iAFT and RDO + the edited script (1 esp for both mods) if you so wish...

I have discussed it back in time with the author if CH in order to post it to AFT or iAFT page, and he is quite fine to publish it there, but none of the other authors has ever responded to my messages... ::(:

Lexy, CH has absolutely NO issues. Tested and tested again and again. It works just fine on its own right!

I am not using EFF though...using iAFT and they work beautifully together as long as one makes the right choices in iAFT MCM and of course patch the 2 plugins.

Unfortunately the patch is not that trivial as it requires altering the stables quest and editing the relevant script (qf_stables_00068d73.pex).

Also, I do not know if u r using RDO in your guide, but that mod needs also patching with CH.

I can give you the patch I have for both iAFT and RDO + the edited script (1 esp for both mods) if you so wish...

I have discussed it back in time with the author if CH in order to post it to AFT or iAFT page, and he is quite fine to publish it there, but none of the other authors has ever responded to my messages... ::(:

@Astakos - please share. I have exact same setup but didn't bother fixing stables quest yet.

OK, ::): then having the LOOT rule in place won't harm my Build. :;):

I'll uninstall CH and try IM.

DarkladyLexy, I thought you meant trying IH mod that had been converted and was on Nexus SE.  I have no scripting experience and any conversion I did of IH from SLE would be suspect.

Edited by Decopauge123

Yes please share (PM it to me if you don't want it on the forum) I am giving serious thought to swapped EFF for iAFT. EFF still needs work but looks like Expired is more interested in getting Racemenu up and running so will be ages until EFF is back to where it was. Really the only reason we still have EFF cos it was part of Neo's guide and couldn't be arsed to change but if it needs to change then we will change 

Immersive Horses has never been published in Nexus SE.

@Sm0kem: I will have a word with Lexy first; if she is interested then I will give it to her to upload it in her Nexus page...prefer it that way to be honest.

Just a note though...this patch is for both CH and RDO with iAFT...I really do not have the time to break it up to 2 separate plugins but it is really not that hard to do it yourself in xEdit.

Ooops....ninjaed!!  ::D:

Yes please share (PM it to me if you don't want it on the forum) I am giving serious thought to swapped EFF for iAFT. EFF still needs work but looks like Expired is more interested in getting Racemenu up and running so will be ages until EFF is back to where it was. Really the only reason we still have EFF cos it was part of Neo's guide and couldn't be arsed to change but if it needs to change then we will change 

Will send you a pm later on. Trust me and get rid of EFF...iAFT is miles ahead, at least until EFF gets the shape for SE it was for LE. 

Edited by Astakos