Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

hey does anyone more experienced (with this guide and the original) have any idea how this guide compares to the original? (in their current forms). I think the original has a larger contents list but I know many mods have been merged into "collections" when they were ported to SSE & the content list isn't much larger which leads me to believe that this guide might now be bigger...

Darth/Lexy, question about Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp (the original esp, not the merge). It also has 59 ITMs, should those be cleaned along with the UDRs?

Think the ITMS are intentional.

Do the DynDOLOD Setup instructions at the end of the Build for Ultra Trees need adjustment/changing/updating?

They might do but I am unsure. Probably needs testing or maybe we need to pick Sheson brains of what happen with Ultra trees and the "Medium Setting" cos from Darth test is suspect DynDOLOD is Generating Billboard and not Static LOD but I also don't know which is desired for the whole Ultra Trees thing (Maybe I was too ambitious with that).

Better Dynamic Snow is causing some really bad snow texture stretching on walls of that fort right in front of bleak falls barrow (at the very top where the chest is). Does anyone else have this problem?

no don't remember spotting bad snow textures on the chest but then again i wasn't looking i will check

hey does anyone more experienced (with this guide and the original) have any idea how this guide compares to the original? (in their current forms). I think the original has a larger contents list but I know many mods have been merged into "collections" when they were ported to SSE & the content list isn't much larger which leads me to believe that this guide might now be bigger...

The list of mods is actually less then the classic one it just more involved and the learning curve is steeper due to SSE related nonsense. This guide certainly isn't for newbies but with help and testing we are getting there like I need to add a further expansion about esmifiying esp (which i didn't realize was needed until had to do it myself) ::D:.

hey guys I have expanded the section about converting esps to include info about esmifiying masters have a look a tell me know what you think. I ahve also add a double idiot to the 2 esps that currently need there masters esmifyed. Hopefully this nonsense will be sorted once Wrye Bash gets it's act together and stops moaning about these plugins.

So guess which dude's on 3 months long service leave? This Guy.

I have to be at home for 3 weeks so guess what I'll be doing? Yes exactly, doing a check on what an utter mess Lexy's made. Oops I mean what a work of utter genius this guide is.

And you cant hurt me Lexy, I'm wearing full kevlar :D

So guess which dude's on 3 months long service leave? This Guy.

I have to be at home for 3 weeks so guess what I'll be doing? Yes exactly, doing a check on what an utter mess Lexy's made. Oops I mean what a work of utter genius this guide is.

And you cant hurt me Lexy, I'm wearing full kevlar :D

cheeky bugger :bat:. I better not hurt you too much we'll make Darth Jealous ::P: hope you're OK.

• +1 1

Think the ITMS are intentional.

They might do but I am unsure. Probably needs testing or maybe we need to pick Sheson brains of what happen with Ultra trees and the "Medium Setting" cos from Darth test is suspect DynDOLOD is Generating Billboard and not Static LOD but I also don't know which is desired for the whole Ultra Trees thing (Maybe I was too ambitious with that).

no don't remember spotting bad snow textures on the chest but then again i wasn't looking i will check

The list of mods is actually less then the classic one it just more involved and the learning curve is steeper due to SSE related nonsense. This guide certainly isn't for newbies but with help and testing we are getting there like I need to add a further expansion about esmifiying esp (which i didn't realize was needed until had to do it myself) ::D:.

Darklady\Lexy, Thank You for the update about the DynDOLOD settings.  Is there anything I can do to  help with testing them?  Don't giveup on Ultra Trees.  :-)

The ESMifiying Instructions look good, and are a darn sight less complicated then what I was trying to use.  I had to backtrack twice because I put the ESM tag on the wrong .ESPs.

FYI[Vivid Weathers Definitive Edition - a complete Weather and Visual overhaul for Skyrim] has been updated to

[spoiler=Version 2.30] Introducing with this Update is Vivid Weathers SE Classic. This will set the Tonemapping back to the Reinhard Tonemapping instead of Fimlic. As a result the Image is more sharper , crisp and more fantasy like. It is also prefered to be used with third party weathers introduced by mods and patches like truestorms. Please make sure your ENB is compatible with the Classic version, though as i have not changed weathers it should be most likley. To fall back to filmic Edition just disable the Vivid Weathers SE - Classic.esp.

Changes:

Overworked script logic for Filmic Edition to recognise the Classic shaders.

Fixed a bug caused by Werewolf or Vampire transformatoins to get a black screen

Fixed some Fog and overcast weathers

Workaround for a Engine bug suddenly switching to a non specified default weather in interiors making everything to go super bright

Edited by Decopauge123

Darklady\Lexy, Thank You for the update about the DynDOLOD settings.  Is there anything I can do to  help with testing them?  Don't giveup on Ultra Trees.  :-)

The ESMifiying Instructions look good, and are a darn sight less complicated then what I was trying to use.  I had to backtrack twice because I put the ESM tag on the wrong .ESPs.

FYI[Vivid Weathers Definitive Edition - a complete Weather and Visual overhaul for Skyrim] has been updated to

Well for DynDOLOD i think is a matter of trying out the settings and see what look best. I did note this morning before we lost power (boo to snow) the trees in the rift look flat could be cos Darth used Static LOD for his test.

Yes i too made mistake with the whole esmifiy and espifiy thing but I have worked it out now.

I will update Vivid weathers when I can like I said we have lost power where we are the Sunny UK (a little bit of snow and the whole country grinds to a halt).

Well for DynDOLOD i think is a matter of trying out the settings and see what look best. I did note this morning before we lost power (boo to snow) the trees in the rift look flat could be cos Darth used Static LOD for his test.

Yes i too made mistake with the whole esmifiy and espifiy thing but I have worked it out now.

I will update Vivid weathers when I can like I said we have lost power where we are the Sunny UK (a little bit of snow and the whole country grinds to a halt).

OK, I'll read through the manual and see what I can do.

Vivid Weather was updated.  Won't that help with your snow problem?  Oh, wait, you need an update to Better Dynamic Snow.  :;): :rofl: ::D:

Edited by Decopauge123

I like to use broad search parameters when starting research on something, because (I think) you have a better chance of finding something useful.

The first entry listed in the results from my "sheson ultra tree" search was Ultra Trees Tutorial.  This is a STEP Forum Topic started by TECHAngel85 asking Sheson "I'm curious if you've ever completed the video tutorial you've linked for ultra trees:", with several references to 'EVT' (which I finally figured out was [Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE]).  Reading the Forum Topic lead me to "DynDOLOD - Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - Sheson", the DYNDOLOD Docs you'll find in your DynDOLOD installation's DOCs directory.  The "Mods Requiring DynDOLOD" section of "DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html" lists one mod {"HD LODs Textures SE"}, who's mod author speaks highly of the LODs created by T4gtr34um3r for [Majestic Mountains] and [Terrain LOD redone].

HD LODs Textures SE, described as "... a complete re-texture of Skyrim, Dawnguard and Dragonborn LODs.", has one hard requirement [Noble Skyrim - Skyrim Special Edition Performance Version], and 3 hard recommendations: [Majestic Mountains], [RUSTIC WINDOWS] and "Arri's Snow Elf Ruins Retexture".

DarkladyLexy and Darth_Mathias, was 'HD LODs Textures SE' ever considered for inclusion in your Guide?  If you think it would be worth the effort, I'm willing to install it and see what happens.  I want to find out if it will reduce the number (329 in my last DynDOLOD run) of <Note: textures\terrain\lodgen\dragonborn.esm\dlc2treepineshortheavysnow01_0003383c_n.dds normal map not found, using flat replacement> messages, and other warning messages.

Edited by Decopauge123

I like to use broad search parameters when starting research on something, because (I think) you have a better chance of finding something useful.

The first entry listed in the results from my "sheson ultra tree" search was Ultra Trees Tutorial.  This is a STEP Forum Topic started by TECHAngel85 asking Sheson "I'm curious if you've ever completed the video tutorial you've linked for ultra trees:", with several references to 'EVT' (which I finally figured out was [Enhanced Vanilla Trees SSE]).  Reading the Forum Topic lead me to "DynDOLOD - Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - Sheson", the DYNDOLOD Docs you'll find in your DynDOLOD installation's DOCs directory.  The "Mods Requiring DynDOLOD" section of "DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html" lists one mod {"HD LODs Textures SE"}, who's mod author speaks highly of the LODs created by T4gtr34um3r for [Majestic Mountains] and [Terrain LOD redone].

HD LODs Textures SE, described as "... a complete re-texture of Skyrim, Dawnguard and Dragonborn LODs.", has one hard requirement [Noble Skyrim - Skyrim Special Edition Performance Version], and 3 hard recommendations: [Majestic Mountains], [RUSTIC WINDOWS] and "Arri's Snow Elf Ruins Retexture".

DarkladyLexy and Darth_Mathias, was 'HD LODs Textures SE' ever considered for inclusion in your Guide?  If you think it would be worth the effort, I'm willing to install it and see what happens.  I want to find out if it will reduce the number (329 in my last DynDOLOD run) of <Note: textures\terrain\lodgen\dragonborn.esm\dlc2treepineshortheavysnow01_0003383c_n.dds normal map not found, using flat replacement> messages, and other warning messages.

I use SSE Textures Optimized and SRO as base, put Noble on top, I also use Terrain LOD redone (love it) Majestic Mountains light for me, to much color and stuff  going on in dark.  Rustic Windows Too.  Must Haves.  Haven't got to Ultra Trees yet, saw it when it came out not too long ago, looked to complicated but will try it as I"m installing the guide

Edited by Kneph13