Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Update on preparations for installing/testing HD LODs Textures SE:  at 14:05 in Ultra Trees Tutorial (the beginning of 'Step #4 - Setting Up Ultra Trees') the instruction on the screen says to delete all files in DynDOLOD/EditScripts/DynDOLOD/Cache directory.  The Guide directions for setting up DynDOLOD say delete all files except 'becauseofreasons.txt' (an empty 1-byte text file).  I'm going to follow the Tutorial directions and delete all files.

DarkladyLexy and Darth_Mathias, I hope your power returns soon.  Take care of you and yours!  The Build will be here when you are back online!

Where in the Mod List are you putting HD LODs Textures SE?

@darabp

I'm using AddItemMenu too, it works well, just no mouse support but that doesn't matter any. I've also been using Neo's Coin Replacer Redux for ages now, another easy one to convert. I've got no idea why Neo hasn't ported that one over himself. I've tried Race Menu which worked, I could even load up my old presets. However it caused my game to crash whenever I was in proximity with a wolf lol. No idea why that was but I tested it by summoning wolves and game crashed straight away :/

As for guide has anyone had a problem with Sinding? His neck is too small so it doesn't fit his body leaving an invisible area. Also the Helgen Reborn armour set (the helm) makes your head vanish when you wear it lol. I also noticed a DynDOLOD error inside one of the dungeons in Helgen quest chain. I've forgotten the exact name but it is the one where you fight the dragon priest. The error repeats every minute or so: Cannot find master data in aaa_werebalokdungeon.

I've sorted one problem out however where various vampires had the dark face bug. It was me being dumb. I was using my own port of The Eyes of Beauty which I've been using for ages. However I'm assuming Lexy's NPC patch was using records from Improves Eyes. Anyway it's something to be aware of if you're using different eye mods :)

@ Berndaroy - you mean steam / steamapps / common / skyrim? As far as I understand it that is not ideal.

From Tech's guide;

Notice: This is out of date. Please do not install MO2 in the game folder! Install it to the same location as the utilities are installed to below.

Baronaatista hi! No installed E:/skyrim/steamapps/common/Mod Organizer2 as instructed....Create a new folder called Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LOTD SE (or something you would Recognize easily) in the Steams Common Directory (so you have some like Steam\steamapps\common\Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LOTD SE). In other words it is NOT IN Skyrim Special Editions folder. I have the tools /utilities in common folder as well

I will be shortly starting it up and see if its playing nicely on a complete fresh install of SSE etc

Edited by berndaroy

How is everyone doing on their installation and configuration of DarkladyLexy's Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition Build?

I've got the LexyGuide fully installed, minus a few items (Undeath, Choice is Yours, few other things) that just weren't my cup of tea, and just been messing around testing some other stuff I added afterwards.

I'd been hoping for the official CACO port to come out before I started playing a semi-serious game (kryptopyr's Patreon had mentioned a tentative February release), but we'll see  :cool:

@darabp

I've tried Race Menu which worked, I could even load up my old presets. However it caused my game to crash whenever I was in proximity with a wolf lol. No idea why that was but I tested it by summoning wolves and game crashed straight away :/

That's odd, I'm also using RaceMenu and I don't have that wolf issue. Maybe try removing it and redoing the steps, then new game?

Edited by Tzefira

So it looks like a fresh install of SSE etc and using latest MO2, at moment behaving itself...so here's hoping.

Tzefira hi! Did you have to do any thing special with Race menu, as i would like to use it...my favorite race character "Lunari Race" requires it thanks

I am just starting the Trees Flora and Grass section.  I am wondering if I should wait until they decide if they are going to change it or not.

It's your call.  My $0.02 worth: I'd install it as it is now (so you can use it), and if it gets updated/changed then (again) it's your call.  I'm trying to follow the Guide (for now), and I've installed a handful (6) mods not in the Build (armor and SKSE stuff).  I plan on adding a lot of stuff to the Build, but not until it's stable (out of the Beta stage).

Just friggin typical. I finally go on 3 months leave and what do I do on my second day? Stuff my knee going down stairs. @)!&U!#)!!()#)!##)!#U&!*__!@!@#&!#& my life.

Anyway at least now I can get started on the stuff I know Lexy won't be messing with much.

Hopefully your knee mends soon.  Sorry to hear you stuffed it. 

Great! everything is built and stable. No CTD. FPS 50-60. all my textures (so far) have been displaying. checking the revision history page daily and keeping current.

The only deviation I made from the guide was I used never nude versions of "Vitruvia - Skin texture overhaul for males" and "UNP Blessed Body SE" and added "AddItemMenu - Ultimate Mod Explorer" (for testing)

I've deviated from some of the suggested MCM settings as well, and installed +10 for Scarcity mods (if it isn't in the loot, I won't be tempted to pick it up), but I'm trying to follow the Build (for now).

Where in the Mod List are you putting HD LODs Textures SE?

I put "HD-LODs-Textures-SE V7.0 1k (1k near - 512 far)-3333-7-0" directly after "DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.36 Beta 1" in MO2's Left Pane.  It has no ESP , so I don't think it matters where you put.  I selected the (1k near - 512 far) option because that adds slightly increased detail for near LODs and Build standard detail for far LODs.    DarkladyLexy, if she adds it to the build, may place it elsewhere and choose a different option.

As for how it looks, I think the mod description is accurate: "New HD LODs for the buildings and the landscape of Skyrim, Dawnguard and Dragonborn" - the buildings/structures throughout Skyrim look better at a distance.  Looking down on Whiterun/Bleak Falls Barrow/Riverwood from High Hrothgar, the buildings (for me) stand out much better.  I took some screenshots, but for reason(s) unknown STEP is limiting me to 1 8K picture.

Edited by Decopauge123

Baronaatista hi! No installed E:/skyrim/steamapps/common/Mod Organizer2 as instructed....Create a new folder called Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LOTD SE (or something you would Recognize easily) in the Steams Common Directory (so you have some like Steam\steamapps\common\Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LOTD SE). In other words it is NOT IN Skyrim Special Editions folder. I have the tools /utilities in common folder as well

I will be shortly starting it up and see if its playing nicely on a complete fresh install of SSE etc

Installing MO2 in steam directory may be a bad idea as steam changes the folder permissions. Check and see the <Appdata>/local folder if u have any files related. (Black tree gaming for NMM or modorganizer folder or Skyrim/specialedition folder and clean the pluginlist files. Also trey installing MO2 from the zip folder rather than the exe. Hope this helps.

So it looks like a fresh install of SSE etc and using latest MO2, at moment behaving itself...so here's hoping.

Tzefira hi! Did you have to do any thing special with Race menu, as i would like to use it...my favorite race character "Lunari Race" requires it thanks

It needs some fussing with, but it's quite easy. Be aware it is still in Alpha. Follow instructions here (scroll down to see the guide) or here (both links say basically the same thing, just different phrasing in case one is confusing for you). If you're more the visual type here's a video walkthrough.

Caveat: I do not know how well the alpha works with custom races, as I don't use any.

PSK hi! Thank you for the advise, but have pretty much done that as per the video installation instructions from dirty weasel, installed as admin, disabled steamoverlay on the game etc. I suspect that there may have been a issue when installed for testing prior to Lexy releasing this guide, as there were slightly different instructions that may have affected my SSE folder....i say that, due to the fact, AT PRESENT, it seems to be working on a new clean fresh install of everything, from steam etc.......but i haven't left it for a couple of days yet!

Tzefira thank you for the links...will look at it when i get to beards, brows section etc....Plowing through to tree section whilst things behave...SOME SERIOUS CATCHING UP TO DO....who knows i might beat Nozzer at it, seems the "AUSSIES" have the upper hand at the moment against my team...hope your knee heals well Nozzer mate!

I might be re-doing the install myself. Things SEEM to work ok, but the install version that I did is missing some of the steps that made it into the later version.

One thing in defense of this that I have to say is, aside from the merging of the plugins, this is NOT that tough a system to install. Sure, there are little things here and there, and the mod list is extensive, but I found it quite intuitive , and not that stressful to install!

It's your call.  My $0.02 worth: I'd install it as it is now (so you can use it), and if it gets updated/changed then (again) it's your call.  I'm trying to follow the Guide (for now), and I've installed a handful (6) mods not in the Build (armor and SKSE stuff).  I plan on adding a lot of stuff to the Build, but not until it's stable (out of the Beta stage).

Hopefully your knee mends soon.  Sorry to hear you stuffed it. 

I've deviated from some of the suggested MCM settings as well, and installed +10 for Scarcity mods (if it isn't in the loot, I won't be tempted to pick it up), but I'm trying to follow the Build (for now).

I put "HD-LODs-Textures-SE V7.0 1k (1k near - 512 far)-3333-7-0" directly after "DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.36 Beta 1" in MO2's Left Pane.  It has no ESP , so I don't think it matters where you put.  I selected the (1k near - 512 far) option because that adds slightly increased detail for near LODs and Build standard detail for far LODs.    DarkladyLexy, if she adds it to the build, may place it elsewhere and choose a different option.

As for how it looks, I think the mod description is accurate: "New HD LODs for the buildings and the landscape of Skyrim, Dawnguard and Dragonborn" - the buildings/structures throughout Skyrim look better at a distance.  Looking down on Whiterun/Bleak Falls Barrow/Riverwood from High Hrothgar, the buildings (for me) stand out much better.  I took some screenshots, but for reason(s) unknown STEP is limiting me to 1 8K picture.

Thank you for the info.  That is where I put it but I installed the DynDOLOD version. I have not run DynDOLOD yet.

Edited by BuddyKidd