Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Mine is named Skyrim - Textures.bsa and Skyrim - HD02.bsa and my DynDOLOD completes without issue. I'm not entirely sure why people are having issues when I am not.

Well now I'm just confused. I've never used DynDOLOD so if my initial guess was wrong, I have no idea what's going on.

So I'm still not entirely sure why we are keeping these files as .bsa and rename Skyrim - HD01.bsa to Skyrim - Textures.bsa, tbh the whole manage-bsa's-or-not thing confuses me.

As for the Texgen script not seeing these files.. It didn't work for me either initially. Then I just took a wild guess and added Skyrim - HD02.bsa to the 'sResourceArchiveList2=' line under [Archive] in Skyrim.ini. Now the script finishes properly. I'm just wondering if keeping this line in the ini will have any negative consequences? And if not, should we also be adding the other BSA's to the ini (Dragonborn - HD.bsa etc.)?

Then a final thing I'm confused about.. Do we still need the Unofficial High Resolution Patch? Where should it be placed regarding USLEEP?

Somebody that is better at all this things might this work? adding all the bsa files to that list?

Edit: Ok, apparently naming it Skyrim - Textures.bsa did cause my DynDOLOD to stop working... I will see if I can find out whats going on with that.

I'm guessing it statically loads Skyrim - Textures.bsa. Since MO would now be loading mine instead of the original, it's not even checking Skyrim - HD02.bsa.

Easiest solution is to not rename the file or to wait until after running DynDOLOD to do so.

Edited by tony971

I'm guessing it statically loads Skyrim - Textures.bsa. Since MO would now be loading mine instead of the original, it's not even checking Skyrim - HD02.bsa.

Easiest solution is to not rename the file or to wait until after running DynDOLOD to do so.

but won't that make dyndolod use the inferior texture if we rename later?

I have taken out the instructions to rename the file. So leave them as HD01 and HD02. Will need to investigate with Sheson to find out how DynDOLOD will react but at least it works now.

It's only going to check Skyrim - Textures.bsa regardless. So yes, it would be better if DynDOLOD loaded all of my textures, but it looks like that won't happen no matter what. And since my textures are visually equal to the vanilla ones, the LODs should be identical.

It's only going to check Skyrim - Textures.bsa regardless. So yes, it would be better if DynDOLOD loaded all of my textures, but it looks like that won't happen no matter what. And since my textures are visually equal to the vanilla ones, the LODs should be identical.

True, LODs are not going to be majorly different between the base and optimized versions. IIRC Sheson includes all the high res DLC LODs in its install anyway as loose files.

So let's think about this, although I'm a complete noob:

For me Skyrim - HD02.bsa only loads in TES5Edit when I've added it under Skyrim.ini's [Archive] section.

If I scroll through the TES5Edit log, "[00:00] Background Loader: [skyrim - HD02.bsa] Loading Resources." shows when it's added to the ini. The Texgen script then also finishes properly.

If I don't add this line the resources never get loaded by TES5Edit and the Texgen script reports errors. These errors are then just because half the files are missing because of the renaming of Skyrim - HD01.bsa to Skyrim - Textures.bsa.

But can we then say that the DyndoLOD Texgen script only sees textures in bsa's that are actually loaded by TES5Edit (+loose files of all other mods)?

By that logic, doesn't that also mean that the textures contained in Dawnguard - HD.bsa, Dragonborn - HD.bsa and HearthFires - HD.bsa do not get loaded by TES5Edit (I don't see them in my log) and are not used by DyndoLOD Texgen, even if it finishes without reporting any errors after a) adding Skyrim - HD02.bsa to the [Archive] section in Skyrim.ini or b) simply not renaming Skyrim - HD01.bsa to Skyrim - Textures.bsa?

So I suppose that in the case of b), none of tony's bsa's are loaded for use with Texgen. But I guess it doesn't matter if Dyndolod contains all the HD files as loose files..

Edited by Pretendeavor

So let's think about this, although I'm a complete noob:

For me Skyrim - HD02.bsa only loads in TES5Edit when I've added it under Skyrim.ini's [Archive] section.

If I scroll through the TES5Edit log, "[00:00] Background Loader: [skyrim - HD02.bsa] Loading Resources." shows when it's added to the ini. The Texgen script then also finishes properly.

If I don't add this line the resources never get loaded by TES5Edit and the Texgen script reports errors. These errors are then just because half the files are missing because of the renaming of Skyrim - HD01.bsa to Skyrim - Textures.bsa.

But can we then say that the DyndoLOD Texgen script only sees textures in bsa's that are actually loaded by TES5Edit (+loose files of all other mods)?

By that logic, doesn't that also mean that the textures contained in Dawnguard - HD.bsa, Dragonborn - HD.bsa and HearthFires - HD.bsa do not get loaded by TES5Edit (I don't see them in my log) and are not used by DyndoLOD Texgen, even if it finishes without reporting any errors after a) adding Skyrim - HD02.bsa to the [Archive] section in Skyrim.ini or b) simply not renaming Skyrim - HD01.bsa to Skyrim - Textures.bsa?

So I suppose that in the case of b), none of tony's bsa's are loaded for use with Texgen. But I guess it doesn't matter if Dyndolod contains all the HD files as loose files..

AHHH THIS TOTALLY MAKES SENSE. Okay so the problem is that DynDOLOD doesn't know to load BSA files loaded by MO. But even if none of my files are used, the LODs should be the same as the ones for vanilla Skyrim.