Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Most of the time when it's just an esp I merge it in. If it has additional resources' date=' I normally install it with a modified name.[/quote']

That was kind of the approach I was taking, so I'm glad it makes sense.  Just worried I'll want to update a compatibility patch and have to mess around to do it. :)

Hey everyone. I want to put this post here before I go forward to far. I have finished SR:LE. It was a long and perilous journey, and you don't even know how rewarding it is to start from helgen and make it town with ralof.

So, it seems stable.

I would like to now, slowly try to add in Ethereal Elven Overhaul and Skyre.

I copied my finished profile for SR:LE, that is what I will be fiddling with.

My idea is this: download all of the patches for EEO, install EEO, then in TES5edit, go through each block and sublock, and create my own EEO patch for all of the remaining conflicts.

For skyre, I was thinking along the same lines, but i'm not really sure. I'm not even sure Skyre can work with SR:LE.

Give me your advice before I get to far into this, and thank you!

2 minor but useful mods I stumbled upon:

-Unarmed Various actions Include Melee armed by oldc

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41780/?

This mod adds a few unarmed combat moves to your player; i'm not 100% on how all that works but the main thing I like is it comes with dual wield parrying (armed and unarmed) and it's done by pushing the left hand attack button while not moving (if in motion you will attack with the left hand instead). If you push it and then start to move you will remain blocking. The system works very nicely in my tests, and it's script free. There's also a module for "avoidance" (dodging), which allows you to do dodge moves and also set lvl of dodging by NPCs. All is configurable via MCM menu:

Posted Image

-Grimy Utilities by Grimy Bunyip

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36328/?

This is more of a personal choice because it solves 2+ of my grievances. To quote mod author "They're all convenience tools. Stuff to save time, frustration, and streamline gameplay." Stuff like auto-casting, hotkey casting, and my favorite: option to hold button to sneak instead of press a button to toggle sneak (very helpful for playing with controller as I do)

Posted Image

Ojack, Skyre is one of those mods that you really have to build your entire mod list around... On the surface it doesn't seem too big of a deal, but over time you begin to realise exactly how many mods conflict with it and how it overwrites large portions of some of the great mods this guide provides, OBIS for example.

I see, do the conflicts cause CTD's primarily? Or do they cause many different problems like missing textures, or erratic behavior from overwriting OBIS.

On a side note: I looked at ethereal elven overhaul in tes5edit, and I see why people say it is a compatibility nightmare. There is a lot of red there. Correct me if i'm wrong: for that mod, you would address each conflict, making a patch of your own, choosing for each block and subblock what you would want overridden and what you would not. Effectively taking an extremely long amount of time.

All of the info is appreciated, TYVM

Looks like the new updates require updating your load order with BUM:

OVERRIDE: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

AFTER: Update.esm

OVERRIDE: Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

AFTER: Dawnguard.esm

OVERRIDE: Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

AFTER: HearthFires.esm

OVERRIDE: Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

AFTER: Dragonborn.esm

Also, Bash wants to import names from USKP and UHP, and stats from USKP. Didn't see a good reason to say no so I let it.... Was this wise?

Also, Bash wants to import names from USKP and UHP, and stats from USKP. Didn't see a good reason to say no so I let it.... Was this wise?

Personally I unchecked import names but left stats. Mostly because I haven't had time to check all the various entries as they pertain to CCF.WAF.CCO. I already caught the Unofficial patches sorting issue though ;)

Personally I unchecked import names but left stats. Mostly because I haven't had time to check all the various entries as they pertain to CCF.WAF.CCO. I already caught the Unofficial patches sorting issue though ;)
Just make sure to tag names in the kryp mods too, and they should be okay if they load last.