wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Realistic Weight and Fallout loot overhaul patch for Modern Weapons

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73053307/LOOT%20PATCH.7z

the Fallout loot overhaul goes just below the settlement mods

LOOT patch goes below the leveled Lists.

Personally I dont agree with the weaight of most of the objects that people have determined....

Edited by Gernash

Nope...Fallout loot overhaul sounds too tough for my taste (planning on creating beautiful settlements, need resources even if it takes a long time to gather them :) )

Ok to just use the modern weapon weight patch alone? Then again I only have a handfull of weapons yet in game....so don't have a really good understanding how things are, other than a pistol was heavier than some bigger gun etc. Gotta play more :)

Sweet Gernash, I'm okay with a Loot Overhaul as many will be and many won't be. I just like to grind my stuff up and make it feel as real as possible like scavenge what i can in whatever is left in a 200+ year old wasteland, As for Settlement Resources i suppose it can affect that making it time consuming on what you need hmm but there has been mods like Expanded Resource Shipments Personally i don't build till mid game or least explored a lot and make it feel as if my character has accepted this new world that he/she has awoken into etc.

I know i can be weird. :D

Darn this is hard :) Tried to take that Corvega assembly plant (I'm level 6-7?) but really didn't have a chance with the weapons I was carrying (10mm and xbow basically).

Anyhow, I have had two CTD's failing with this:

[ (BB01744F)].CSE_SPatrol_Spawnpoint.OnCellAttach() - "D:\SteamSSD\Fallout 4\Papyrus Compiler\CSE_SPatrol_Spawnpoint.psc" Line 34
[10/21/2016 - 12:15:18AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "ActiveGroup"

At least I assume that is the culprit, it is what the log shows last. Ideas anyone?

I've just stopped my 2.0 install (w. modern weapons) because things got WAAY to easy at lvl 20ish. I was so "lucky" that a .308 Lapua M22 dropped for me. With some further modding, that thing did around 250ish damage pr. shot... gone was the excitement from running around midtown.. I could 1-shot all non-legendaries, and 2-shot everything else.

Is the new 2.0.2 more "stable" in this regard? hoping to reinstall everything tonight.. starting in 20 mins.

ps. also what are all the dropbox links for? I can't easily see what is used for what when things are posted all over the place. I'd recommend you to instead just updating the 1st post for a more comprehensive overview.

ohh.. and in my 2nd install..is it possible to avoid installing a thousand different calibers (without making patches break etc). It might be more "UHMERSIV", but for me it's taking it a step too far when I have to juggle this many different calibers. I don't mind some realism, but I also don't want it to be a hassle. Some abstraction is a good thing :)

Nope...Fallout loot overhaul sounds too tough for my taste (planning on creating beautiful settlements, need resources even if it takes a long time to gather them :) )

Ok to just use the modern weapon weight patch alone? Then again I only have a handfull of weapons yet in game....so don't have a really good understanding how things are, other than a pistol was heavier than some bigger gun etc. Gotta play more :)

Yes they are seperate, The weight For weapons and objects is in the weapon and overhaual patch the Loot patch is for loot.

I've just stopped my 2.0 install (w. modern weapons) because things got WAAY to easy at lvl 20ish. I was so "lucky" that a .308 Lapua M22 dropped for me. With some further modding, that thing did around 250ish damage pr. shot... gone was the excitement from running around midtown.. I could 1-shot all non-legendaries, and 2-shot everything else.

Is the new 2.0.2 more "stable" in this regard? hoping to reinstall everything tonight.. starting in 20 mins.

ps. also what are all the dropbox links for? I can't easily see what is used for what when things are posted all over the place. I'd recommend you to instead just updating the 1st post for a more comprehensive overview.

ohh.. and in my 2nd install..is it possible to avoid installing a thousand different calibers (without making patches break etc). It might be more "UHMERSIV", but for me it's taking it a step too far when I have to juggle this many different calibers. I don't mind some realism, but I also don't want it to be a hassle. Some abstraction is a good thing :)

The modern weapon section uses calibers and that is required by Weaponsmith to all the different types of rounds. I have not altered the damage of the aditional weapons. Realistically there are only like 14ish (calibers) but they are just called different things for the "Realism". Oh the Weaponsmith page they say it's Ballanced I'm also usure as I've come across these 300+ damage weapons.

IMO at level 40

Combat rifle      should do 90-120 for easy 70-100 medium 50-80 Hard (With weapon Mods)

(vanilla base dam 33 Adjusted Dam 57) current

Hunting Rifle   should do 140-180 for easy 100-140 medium 60-100 Hard (With weapon Mods)

(vanilla base dam 37 Adjusted Dam 104) current

10mm Pistol    should do 40-50 for easy 30-40 medium 20-30 Hard (With weapon Mods)

(vanilla base dam 18 Adjusted Dam 20) current

in comparrision

FN SCAR-H uses a 762 nato round that's a .308 round I think

(Base damage 96)

the AK does Base 57

Minigun does vanilla 8 they converted it to a 50cal now does 30.....

IF you use the Caliber section at the crafting Station then you can build weapons with incredable damage.(Rather then changing the reciever)

SO yea Looks like I need to Squish all the weapon damage issue is I have to do all the Mods as well

IE FN SCAR-H recievers do 50-75% more damage....

All the little patches? people ask question like this I make patch people post responce I include/modify main patch.

Like now I'll smash all the weapon damage to vanilla and post it as a patch and see what people say...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73053307/MODWiki%20-%20Damage%20Adjustment.7z

Another TEST/DEVELOPMENT patch

I have "Vanillaized" all weapon damage.

Through witchcraft and Sorcery.

Put it at the bottom of the laod order Please give feedback.

(the damage multiplier in difficulty modes should work as expected. The Modern weapons are basically just skins now)

I've removed Calibers Barrel sets from the crafting bench as well

Started the Spread sheet (Weapon Damage)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Iehmg-sxIgReoA_oTOcPlXyyFk3O3AM2LXXNxsL--D0/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Gernash

lol what? how do you mean you vanilla-ized the weapons? So all the cool weapons added by weaponsmith were toned down? what is considered vanilla damage as some of those weapons are obviously quite powerful by design.

Lol gonna go ahead and not install that patch, I didnt download weaponsmith extended for some weapons skins lol...please consider making that patch optional, as in put it in the realism section yeah?

without the patch, wouldn't the weapons do much less damage on highest difficulty? I get toning them down, but not down to vanilla lol...maybe a bit less but some of those weapons are, by design, supposed to do legendary damage plus some

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

The patch basically makes the base damage similar so all 12 gauge shotguns do 50 dam but a Modern weapon can amp up to about 120 rather then 260, Some peope want to play in harder modes so 5x 260 = 1 shot

The spreadsheet contains all the calibers in use and any weapon that uses those calibers have been reduced to that as the base damage.

I called the Modern weapons section LOL PEWPEW for a reason.....yes it will be an addon

Edited by Gernash
  • +1 1

oh ok I think I understand what you did..so you didn't bust em down to full vanilla base? rather you left them with the capacity to be upgraded to a higher max

I will get some hours of playing in tonight thankfully, gonna think about that patch...maybe if they are tooo damn powerful, and I like a challenge, then I will do it.

Playing the game with the Vanillaization in normal gameplay has a similar feel to just vanilla weapons. You will need something like the Mod Survival option to adjust GLOBAL damage to get the seat of the pants feel back.

At the moment at level 43 I just have slugging match in the street rather then hiding and poking my nose out.

The MOB overhauls for raiders, synth and supermutants make them tough foes (Unless you encounter a basic vanilla spawn then lol 1 shot).

If you get cocky you can get overwhelmed.

if you x2 the damage it will be back to about where it was but even across the board.

This works well with "SPECIAL" epic weapon in the games as the will still be stronger than these items in the most part.

Edited by Gernash