wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

@Verenios

Very nice list, some of those may become CORE mods (usable/essentual with any playthrough.)

Some are too "HARDCORE" but will look at adding via plugin for "Tough as Nails players".

Power armor I was looking at

Consistent Power Armor Overhaul + ZephyrWarrior's PA Overhaul + Better Power Armor - A Power Armor Overhaul (so far-I havent tried to tank a Nuke in it as yet may need to balance-unsure)

Haha yeah some are "HARDCORE" and still trying others will post results if i get any.

Power Armor yeah still testing that myself, Better Power Armor what i liked has a Patch for Better Locational Damage well it's the same Author but yeah.

Was looking around hmm got to remember the name there was a Power Armor Mod that make it so bullets don't hurt you but eventually they do when your Armor wears and tears they eventually penetrate for damage and damaged Power Armor such things as Poison, Radiation can leak through etc which sound very interesting.

Edit: Also i remember in your Archived Section you had Tactical Weapons etc, If that was removed cause of issues maybe a mod like and which i forgot to place in my previous post is Tactical Flashlights It has a Armorsmith Extended patch on the AE page if people want it in the AWCKR workbench also has Tactical Flashlights - VIS - Compatibility Patch here, Just a thought for a Armor/Clothing section.

Edited by Verenios

hahahaha yea well COUGH WIP....

But as you can see, I think the separation is better in the Mods now so sections don't interfere with each other.

But, it only happened because people want different things so I think this is a good compromise.

So far I can see, only  few things will need to be changed/remove from the core and there are 2 new section that have been added. 

sooo "IF" (cough WIP) there are CORE changes, these changes are made only to make the "base" game more seamless and "immersive" without affecting the overall game play(STAT changes). So I'm thinking they will be on the 1st of the month and I'll put a date on the plugins to reflect changes.

NOTE:There might be a spam of mods in the next couple of days but they should not affect save games. just alter spawns and animations. :innocent:

Edited by Gernash

Thats fair we're all just appreciative that theres an actively worked guide out there so thankyou.  also yeah better to have a core then modular self contained addons if people want them.

One suggestion when you make the packs.  Include a bit that details how to add it to an existing game (like you've done with the settlements) or a statement saying you need to start a new game to get the full benefits? (like survival mode tweaks?)  Not sure if that is relevant though without seeing the packs.

Also first bit of feedback. I've deleted all my mods (wanted to move down from 4k to 2k for some of them anyway) and just ran the fix you suggested to restore the vanilla settlement menus which worked great on my existing save to fix the missing ones.  However tehres a LOT more menus in there than you list on the guide.  Is it a case that the menus not listed will ALWAYS be there and only the ones you listed have a chance of being changed/vanishing?  If so might be worth putting a statement on the guide page to say that as you can imagine someone else will ask you the question at some point.  I'm a big fan when making documentation (have to do it as part of my job) of "assume the other person has no clue so explain everything instead of assuming"  That way if they ask you a question you've already answered in the documentation you can just point at it and say "read"

the "manual" menus Which I'm "controlling" are homemaker, OCD and the Agriculture (this is My menu and the added ones in the resource tab i.e. greenhouse) I made them as an example of what can be done if people want it. I'm trying to spam out a framework as quickly as I can so it become like building blocks later, I've not added some info. I can stop frame work and Spellcheck and document for a few days...

Most mods either live in the construction tab or in appropriate menu it kitchen or bathroom etc

The menu system "Forces" you to make "mini" planters that snaplock to greenhouse tables and the greenhouse is from Snap'n Build as they seem to er Snap'n Build. After sorting this loadout the um "extra" menus were most likely always there or from expansions, just you were not able to see them (I had this revelation when I changed over)

Missing menus. they happen due to empty fields Most of the menus in the current build work from keyword lists so likelihood of broken missing menu is low (no icon is a thing though, but I can add more animations)

The Workshop rearranged does all the default item sorting and distributes to all the sections. People were asking about Settlement mods as they were builders but no feedback as to if it's success (I spent 3-4 days learning it all so I can support it a bit and add menus etc)

OH other than the ones I "control" the other menus are injected from mods via the quest injection method if you remove mod you loose all made items ingame. but not broken menu either.

There was so much learning about all this stuff I could fill a wiki........ ;)

Edited by Gernash

Just checking in to see how things are going as I've been away working on replacing my car (in fact, gonna be another week before I can get back into the swing of things here). With that out of the way, I notice that there's been a lot done since I was last here. Which got me to wondering how far the wiki is being upgraded to version 2.0? I notice on the updates you reference this so I'm just curious. 

I think the layout is ver 2 worthy but I have to

complete animations section

base CORE file updates (file removal and addition of about 6 new things)

Complete xfer from old wiki

Generate a color code for Plugins of each section so the Master plugin list order makes sense

Documentation and notes (Guff) pages.

then do a full update to change log as so much has happened to do the restructuring and trying to make the patches split up into 1 major overhaul patch and 4 small sectional patches fo make it easy on people installing it all.

So yea like 5min work.......

Also

Go back and rewrite whole sections of the intal wikki

then spend a week going through lanscape object files

then make a survival mode build.....

Edited by Gernash

I think I'll just finish xfer from old wiki tomorrow so I can delete the old stuff. Also I'll do some write ups and make the color code chart.Tonight I'm going to look into why there are objects not being sorted by VIS(all game objects are in VIS and patched so I think it's a xml issue with def_ui and junk) Other than that I think there is enough content for people to play with atm.

The only thing if people switch over mid save is the breaking of the build menu but there is a guide up for that.

and

weapons need to be dropped and tabbed into workbench to reset the item BUT it may get deleted if it was heavily modified by the prior Mods(Not a deal breaker IMO)

Edited by Gernash

OK Just finished doing an install.  As I went I made some notes in Notepad.  It's mostly mods where the version number has updated, 1 or two typos, or questions I asked myself when following the instructions meaning someone else is likely to ask them as well. Also some things just to make the guide consistent (e.g. adding options for performance on all mods that offer it since some do some don't) The notes are below along with a few questions.  Feel free to ignore anything you want it's just trying to help and proofcheck it for you.

things I've not done - any of the plugins as yet. This is just what is listed on the "CORE mod list" plus haven't done some sections like Animations etc since they don't currently exist and just have todays date (assuming you are working on them as we speak)

BETHini  - on V1.3 - Screenshots out of date as some options missing?

Categories - Probably needs updating to fit current structure (e.g. no Trash removal section anymore) but might be better to wait until you have finished making the plugins and add these as categories as well then.

core files section is there twice

home maker - now version 1.41

OCdecorator - now 1.0.8 - also FOMOD different version is different just had to choose "current version" instead

CWSS Redux - Now version 2.0 no longer a custom camera version just 1 version.  also apaprently has options on a holotape not sure if should be suggested ingame settings at end of guide for various mods?

Settlements Objects Expansion Pack - has a FOMOD not listed on guide.  for now left patches unticked but has choisces of Auto doors patch, light shadow disabler and all Light shadow enabler?

Landscape plugins section - not there yet but will test this once you're done with it and it's linked

Hi resolution texture pack - Valius -  Should there be a recommended 4k and LQ 2k option on this?

FlaconOils HD retexturex Part 2 - Instructions - Typos.  think this should read "Merge the next part over the top or make a separate Mod"
FlaconOils HD retexturex Part 2 - shold this say "select all but French keyboard?"

Dynamic interior Fog Removal - you says to set fog level via holotape but don't advise to what?  also might be best to make a separate "ingame settings" section at the end people can then get everything they need to change in one place.

CBBE - Now version 2.1- also includes Nukaworld outfits in FOMOD

Additiona Body textures - there is a FOMOD but no instructions.  Assumed CBBE options?

Note: I'd also added Enhanced Vanilla bodies since there wasn't an improvement for Males in the guide. So also chose the EVB males options under additional Body Textures

The Eyes Of Beauty Fallout Edition - listed as version 2.4 - 2.3 is the All in one version which doesn't install correctly (which I found out when I downloaded the wrong one originally!)

immersive mouth and teeth - now version 4.0.11

Armosmith Extended - MAIN FILES - Armorsmith Automatron DLC v3.2 & ADDITIONAL - Armorsmith All DLCs Patch v3.2  but those don't include the actual Armorsmith Extended mod just the two addons also all in Mainfiles section

So guessing should read something like

Files to download :

MAIN FILES - Armorsmith Automatron DLC v3.2
MAIN FILES - Armorsmith All DLCs Patch v3.2  (since guessing this would include Automatron as well?)

Animations - not yet in

Armor and Clothes - Typo says Armor and cloths instead.  Not yet in

Weapons - Two plugins.  Choose one or can use both together?

Sound

Atomic Radio - Now version 2.4 might also be worth putting a note to download Atomic Radio only for now as Tales from commonwealth installed later?  (also rename mod to Atomic radio to prever overwrite)

NPC and Monster Overhauls - Just wondering on reason why Better Settlers not included?  No problem just want to understand if it was a compatibility thing, personal preference or just not got round to adding in yet so I know whether to look at including it myself later possibly.

Don't call me Settler - With popup clarity to say whether to click "install with hotkeys" or just "install"

Protectron - Should there be HQ and LQ options for people as 4k and 2k versions available?

Super Mutant Redux - Version number should be 1.4 (because of 1.4 update you download from optionals)

Tales from Commonwealth - Now on v 2.1 also there appears to be a CBBE patch for one of the characters?  should this be added as well or do you patch this yourself somewhere?

Evil institute HD - should their be recommended (2k) high (4k) and Low (1k?)

Prydwen - thers also a LQ (Performance) version if people want it

really red rocket - same as above multiple versions for performance

Patches - You already had us isntall MODWiki CORE after settlements section. I can only see one file with a name like this on modpage?

Edited to finish sentence about animations and delete a formatting derp

Edited by rhodsey