wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Soo,

Concealed armor - for the role-players

Realistic Guns and Bullets Overhaul https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9343/? for damage overhaul

weapon mods

Cut weapon

extended weapon

LM2

----------------------------------

These I think give the best "feel".

For survival mode I'll make a special one that either removes some mods or "Nerfs" them as some of the combos are OP.

I will look into the explosion and vats as well before release

Edited by Gernash

Looking forward to the changes.  I'm planning to clear my mods and reinstall as per core and once you get a few modules ready.

You mention looking at VATS i'm guessing you've seen this one with vid by Gopher?  Looks good to me bit more bullet timey but you still get the benefits of any perks you take that relate to VATS.  

Edited by rhodsey

Also not sure if its jus because i'm using it wrong but so far I'm not a fan of new calibers. it adds a LOT of ammo to the game but its all ammo you don't really need or need a specific gun for and just end up with tonnes of the stuff cluttering up your inventory. I've not yet found a way to break it down or convert weapons to use one type or another yet?  Not sure if i've just not advanced enough to do it?

Ya, I've removed new calibers.

I think LM2 is cool but in survival mode i.e. scrap 5-10 epics can creat an epic mod.

If you make a LM2 weapon from it's workbench it's nerfed (no balanced to new damage)

So I'm adding dual legendary slots to all items so you can just craft through 1 bench and have then display both slots in the overview section.

Also removing armor keywords for added paint and other swaps as I don't use them as yet in any other mods, the extra unused options are just annoying to look at.

Power Armor I'm thinking of not having Dual legendary slots in there but having ZephyrWarrior's F4 Power Armor Overhaul to give you more of a "tinkering" feel.

Thoughts?

See what I mean by It's not that simple.... every path is a rabbit hole....

Edited by Gernash

@Verenios

Depends on what you want to do with your textures.....I have not had a chance to look at stuff as yet.. But it's noted.

Cough

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Gernash/Plugin_Weapons#CA_.2B_CWMR_.2B_EWM_.2B_LM2_.2B_RWBO_.2B_WOF

Stuff like that take a long time to debug and playtest.

Edited by Gernash

Cool, Yeah as i said it's basically the same texture sizes, the quality stays basically the same it's just more compressed so in the end saves more disk space as well as less VRAM to load the textures etc which is cool.

Oh and nice with the weapons part, May need to test Concealed Armors though have seen many report many errors on behalf of that mod and the author seems inactive now, The other day someone picked up his work with Concealed Armors Continued where it's the main as well as all the DLC's in one with major bug fixes but was taken down 2 days later which was a shame.

Unless you fixed them errors in your ModWIKI patch then nvm what i said haha just thought i would give ya a heads up.

Oh also in your Weapons section.

CORE
 Concealed Armors - 1.3 - by Nisas Files to download :
  • MAIN FILES - Concealed Armor

Description : This mod adds a category to armor pieces called Visibility. I've included this for the Role-players.

Additional : Double click on concealed Armors and go to the Filetree tab Hide ArmorKeywords.esm and ConcealedArmor.esm

You placed to hide ConcealedArmor.esm were i presume you mean esp since the Concealed DLC covers the esp and since the esm is needed by your patches etc.

And...

CORE
 Extended weapon mods - 1.52 - by Akanami Files to download :
  • MAIN FILES - Loads of Ammo

Description : This mod features a couple of new craftable mods including a stock which converts a 10mm pistol into a rifle with new meshes and stats added to them.

Main Files of that would be Extended weapon mods 1.52.

Oh and don't worry i know you are one person haha just thought i'd help out. :)

Edited by Verenios

Hmm it's on the main page in the bugs section as well in the posts i don't know probably just people having mod conflicts so yeah was just a heads up in case it does have issues if not then scrap what i said haha.

Also i noticed your MODWiki Core Patch has a esp called VIS - Holotape Settings Patch.esp but says mso_sms.esp is missing.

@Verenios

I put it in the top of the load order but I may remove it and redo the patch as Settlement Resources Rebalanced seems to be more seamless while playing.

also Shaikujin's Better warning for settlements being attacked will be removed in next version as the Settlement Resources Rebalanced does the music and attack info in a more exciting fashion.

Oh right yeah i see it now just refreshed scrolled back up and see Settlement Management.

Well so far all your mods seem good as in gameplay, realism, immersion etc which is awesome.

Basically so far nearly covered everything to start your adventure, Though some people prob go more hardcore into the immersion part but so few mods give that right now from what i seen, Also good picks on the Weapon mods, Was hard to yank me away from Better Locational Damage but that mod required too much plugins and thought give your picks a try and feel more immersive and real like.

Better locations and the explosions ones, I'm reviewing them shortly (Doing Power armor atm) if they work well I will add them.

"Well so far all your mods seem good as in gameplay" - um they are not my mods this is a guide/overhaul and not possible without the work of the modding community.

"Though some people prob go more hardcore into the immersion part" - Once I have a good game overhaul (crafting, settlements, ui, weapons, armor and NPC) I'll turn my attention to HARDCORE mode and lock it all down. i.e. LM2 can only be used with "HEAVY" armor so level 40 and only in chest piece etc. But that's a while away.

Feedback is important, "feel more immersive and real like" if you playing looking for that in FO4 please tell me if there are issues or problems especially if there is something that clashes in the game or makes stuff too OP that can be excluded in a "SET DIFFICULITY" patch i.e. Hardcore mode, not realy thaught about it too much.

Immerision: that's a hard one.. mods like "Settlement Resources Rebalanced" with call of the general fall into that catagory, if you have any that are seamless please point them out as adding "NEW" balanced features to the game is what it's all about.

Edited by Gernash

Also you wanted some suggestions umm maybe some ideas or so depending just some mods i use alongside your Core so far.

Well this is 90% of the mods i use alongside your Core haha.

Audio:

Cinematic Sounds - Complete Pack - Just for those who feel explosives were not so real sounding and want to change some UI sounds etc.

Disable Dogmeat Whining - Two choices to make him whine less or not at all, For those that think he whined a little too much.

Animations:

Grab the Damn Mag - Changes the animations to actually grab the mag on reloading.
Idle Hands - Male and Female Idle Customization - Cool mod to change your Idle animations.

Lazy Dogmeat - Well if anyone feels sorry for Dogmeat standing through your 200+ hour playthrough then here is one where he will rest haha.

Combat:

Better Explosives - Explosives now have more OOMPH!

Better Locational Damage - Oww my arm (You will pay) Oww my leg (You will pay) Arrfff my chest (I can still fight) or land a Headshot......(Death)

No Combat Boundaries - This is pretty cool since mobs will now chase you even if you decide to run inside of a interior cell or if you snipe from rooftops they will enter the building and head to the roof.

Search and Destroy - Another fun mod to have, Increases the time mobs will search for you and make it a little more realistic.

Vertical Spawns - Aerial Assault - Make it so enemies aren't so afraid of heights, Spawns enemies on rooftops so not everyone is on ground base.

Companions:

Companion Command and Tactics - Love this mod, Adds some hotkeys for you to command your Companions with keys you assign (Recommended to use FO4 Hotkeys)

Companions do not shoot Rabbits and Chickens - Yeah odd mod but have had companions go missing on me cause they chased the buggers.

Companion Fall Damage Immunity - Not very immersive but every fast traveled next minute you wonder "Where did he/she go?" then splat!

Companion Stealth Distance Fix - My Companions always wanted hugs specially when i am trying to sneak past infested Super Mutant areas and the Mutants then want hugs with bullets.

Companion Tracker - Life saver for those pesky companions that intend to walk away cause they spotted a shiny.

Visible Companion Affinity - Holotape that you can use to check your companions affinity.

Gameplay:

No Aggro Impact Landing (Power Armor) - For those Power Armor lovers that jump around and land and accidentally hurt someone and get shot at... lol

Reduced Level-Ups - Kind of felt Vanilla EXP system was a little too quick maybe not so for others but just in case.

Immersion:

Better Power Armor - A Power Armor Overhaul - Makes Power Armor more durable and resistant to most stuff etc it has a Basic and Extended option to choose.

Dead Body Collision - Just adds collision to dead bodies, May not be for everyone since right now you can push a Behemoth haha.

Durable Vertibirds - Felt like Vanilla Vertibirds were like wet paper so this mod beefs them and there pilot up or just the Bird.

Immersive Dismemberment Rate - Many options to choose but mainly to reduce the dismemberment for some realism.

Locky Bastard - Ever hate that Lock that just stares at you and laughs cause you don't have the skill or broke your last Bobby Pin then why not kick it or shoot it or even better strap a bomb to it.

PipBoyShadows - Adds Shadows for when your Pip-Boy Light is on.

Power Armor Voices - Has 4 options to choose from pretty cool making it sound as if you are in a Suit etc.

Realistic Death Physics - No Animations - Vanilla Physics.... nuff said.

Realistic Jumping and Falling - Felt the Vanilla game fall damage wasn't enough so maybe a optional for those people.

Take Cover - Must have imo snap to a wall and take cover, pop out and shot, pop back in reload and rinse and repeat.

Settlement:

Auto Doors - Was so fed up of people leaving my doors open specially gates and more.

Red Rocket - Window Shutters and Custom Doors - I liked Red Rocket and felt i needed more cover for when i sleep so the shutters were a great choice.

Visuals:

Optimized Vanilla Textures - Vanilla textures are compressed and keep their quality while saving memory etc.

Power Armor Hud - No Transparency - Just a Power Armor Hud with some choices to pick from.

Wasteland Salon - Hair Texture Improvement Mod - For those who feel Vanilla Hair don't cut it, Retextures the Vanilla hair.

Haven't Tested So Much:

Campsite - Simple Wasteland Camping - Mainly for those on Survival and out in the middle of nowhere or just wanna RP etc.

Subway Runner - Pretty good immersive fast travel system that connects between areas, Awesome part is too unlock those spots you need to clear the subways of the infested mobs in each subway to unlock.

Tribute - Rude Awakening - I got this cause of Campsite mod to make it more immersive of having a chance of someone attacking me while i sleep in the wild.

Maybe Not For Everyone:

Bus Stop - Lighting - Gives bus stops around the commonwealth some lighting.

Immersive Windows - Add some spice into Windows.

Illuminated Billboards - Lighting - Add some lights and pretty visuals to Billboards.

Radioactive Signs - Lighting - Another Lighting mod for Signs etc.

Edited by Verenios