wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

A tool to do what? You can do it right now with the Archiver2 and CK. I know because I did that a couple of days ago. My only issue right now is that for some reason it isn't working with the mod author himself. But it does work on my end so I need a third person to run it and see if it works. If it does, then I can work with the mod author to figure out what's different between his setup and mine.

OK my last work on the subject.

NO!!!!

I can write a guide on how to do all that by hand but people that just want to follow a guide and have difficulity creating a MKLINK or putting a patch at the end of a load order will BREAK their textures 100%.

I WILL NOT WRITE A GUIDE OR RECOMMEND DOING IT AS PART OF THE MODWIKI

untill there it a one button press tool (and even that will be full of enduser issues)

You misunderstand my purpose. What I'm wanting to do is get in touch with the mod authors and work with them to put up archived versions of their mod onto their websites. Then all you'd have to do is like what we did with FAR and that is update the instructions to download the archived versions. Easy peasy. 

There will be no additional work done on the end userr part. 

if that's the case the wiki will be like ok now you have to unpack all the BA2 to allow for overwrites. Have you not seen the MODWiki? it chooses LOOSE over BA2 unless there is no conflict? I do not write it there as I do the "THINKING" on behalf of the enduser.

Alot more is involved than copy paste hehe I added 20 mods weeeee!!!!!!

THERE is NO BA2 Control in MO2 unless TANNISONE adds it

The stuff before was BA2 VS LOOSE file LOOSE will always overwrite BA2

I have not done any testing with BA2 VS BA2 overwrite priority,

If your talking about replacing the FO4 base texture files then the Mod manager will do that

if you have

Mod1 BA2 has contents a,b,c

Mod2 BA2 has contents c,d,e

I so not who the "Winner is" for item "c"

Just make 2 archives and put a test file modtest.txt with "HI I'm MOD1" and "HI I'm MOD2" then tell me all about it :)

OR... do you want me yo do it and give you a "Definitive answer"?
 As I'ts not been an issue for me

@BoSoxBry I can give a definitive answer, as I was looking into this after mine and @Gernash conversation. There are three types of "filing systems" that Bethesda games (at least since midway through Skyrim) will read; Registered archives that start with the game, (these are the primary ones and you'll find these listed in the ini file), Plugin-based archives that start AFTER a new game or save game is started. The Plugin-based ba2/archives always win when in conflict with the registered ba2 and is the essence of how mods work. Last in the order, and what overwrites both archives are loose files. 

So the way it would work is if you have a texture mod that's based on an archive, it'll load it's textures first and then if you have loose files that overwrite some of those textures, then the overwrite wins. It's for this reason why you are supposed to do Texture Optimization (if you choose to of course) before everything else because then the mods come in afterwards and take over for those "optimized textures". 

And the way ba2 vs ba2 works is that it's based on load order NOT install order. So if you want a mod's textures to have priority, you need to put it lower on the list. 

Edited by Aeradom

@BoSox Technically yes, but @Gernash hasn't had an opportunity to go through the texture section and pick out textures. However, what I'm going is installing the big overhauls first as ba2s (as they are really the only ones that need the archived) and then leave the smaller ones loose as the performance gains with those will be negligible. That is unless you wanted to package multiple mods together in one big archive after sorting which textures you like. Be warned though that if there's an update you'll have to redo it all. 

And just to be clear, regardless of where the two mods are in the load order, loose files will always overwrite archives. 

Edited by Aeradom