wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

It looks like the Homemaker update causes an error in the ModWiki patch. WorkshopMenu01Build02Homemaker03Lights.

Well that explains the sometimes weird icons...

I use Beantown Interiors, Stumble on, and POE.

Password appears twice in the tags ... is that supposed to happen?

Edited by rayhne

Don't need navmesh or worldspace patch there will be 2 doors in concord that are odd just use the holotape from POE to add compatability.

A couple of houses in concord may interior flicker but should be it.

This may be a stupid question (or three) but...

1) Does Mod Organizer 2 use the .ini files in the MO profile directory, or only the ones in the My Games directory? Which should I be editing? Will the other be safely ignored?

2) If I have a Fallout4Custom.ini file in the profile directory, Mod Organizer doesn't seem to "see" it for editing (at least, it doesn't show up in the ini editor window). Does that mean that the Fallout4Custom.ini in the profile directory will be ignored at game launch? Will it pay attention to the one in the My Games directory? Or does MO ignore the profile folder altogether?

3) I'll probably figure this out later, but does MO still unpack BSA's into loose files? I couldn't find any settings to allow or disallow this behavior, but I note that quite a few mods indicated that files should be "hidden."

I apologize if I'm missing something obvious here.

Actually, through a little trial and error, I think I figured out the answer, which I believe is that Mod Organizer ignores the ini files in the profile directory, and uses the one in the My Games directory instead.

I tried applying the console changes under the [Menu] heading mentioned in the guide to first the Fallout4Custom.ini, and then to the Fallout.ini files located in the profile directory, and launched the game through MO. In neither case were the console changes applied.

I then made the changes in the My Games directory, and launched the game through MO, and the changes to the console were present in-game.

Do we not need the scripts folder that comes with F4SE?

[Edit]

Nope. A little additional reading reveals those aren't relevant - mods using F4SE will have their own scripts.

Sorry for the interruption. Carry on.

Edited by dstansberry

Just to clarify - are we to put the "Tools" in the ModOrganizer2Data folder, or in the ModOrganizer2Data\Fallout 4 folder?

In most places, it seems the former, but the path to the executable listed in the instructions for adding Merge Plugins to the Mod Organizer executables seems to imply the latter.