wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

I think if it pans out I'll just Share the Rules and release  a GAME Overhaul Patch to add AWKCR and interface patch...Hmmmm very interesting.

This would be absolutely perfect for me.  I use about 95% of the core mods, but I go my own way just enough to make your patch protest about missing masters.  In the Skyrim Classic world, it was easy enough to create my own Merge Patch and Bashed Patch.  Unfortunately, Wrye Bash complains about the file being "in use" in the FO4-on-MO2 environment, so I'm hoping Mator Smash can build a suitable replacement.  It's just got a bit more of a learning curve.

It just needs a catchy name.

I was thinking the exact same thing.  Taking a queue from F&LiNV, this needs something a bit snappier than "ModWiki".  Something like "Boston Baked Mods" or "Barefoot in Fenway Park".  Only better.

How solid is LOOT in the FO4 world?  When I was creating my merge patch, I noticed that the sorting mod item names were all being overwritten by Wasteland Imports.  I pinned it to load after Imports to make that go away, but now I'm wondering if I should have just trusted LOOT and assumed it knew what it was doing.

@troy559grenade

Thanks for the comment, It's appreciated.

The Wiki kinda took on a life of it's own and grew into this from just an example/how to for making MO2 usable/less buggy.(I do not have the skill set to compile MO2 in the state it was in on the github)

As to a name, I've not put much thought into it, I only wanted FO4 to be Darker, more atmospheric and crafting,naming, inventory management to be more interesting.

I'll have a dream About a Name 

@c0c0c0

LOOT is not Practical I run it every now and again to see if the master list has gotten better for sorting FO4 but not as yet (I'm not aware if I can help/share data to make a better master list, haven't looked into it.)

SO no LOOT lies you have to inspect everything in FO4Edit and make choices.

Mator Smash-Works now, push the button and it generates a patch. then you need to go through 2-3 hundred fields and manually redo the overwrites in conflicting sections.

Wrye Bash does leveled lists (it's all I've ever used it for) I have it running on my system, (It just seems to write to FO4 install folder directly, most likely an error on my behalf. Configuration)

With CORE I've tried to have mostly "Essential" mods that other mods piggy back off of. Out of curiosity which mods don't you use?

Do I absolutely need NAC-PRC to use your Better Settlers Clothing Patch? It won't even allow me to load it in FO4Edit if I don't have the preset. 

https://imgur.com/lgN60SI

@StratDOS

Hmmm that looks like your FO4Edit is not working correctly in MO2 and not seeing the folder/Modlist.

• Are you using MO2 in portable mode......
  • Does loot show all your mods?
  • When starting FO4Edit can you see NAC-PRC.esp in the list.

LOOT is not Practical ... SO no LOOT lies you have to inspect everything in FO4Edit and make choices.

Well, that's disappointing.  I wasn't really looking forward to that much work.

Mator Smash-Works now, push the button and it generates a patch. then you need to go through 2-3 hundred fields and manually redo the overwrites in conflicting sections.

Only 2-3 hundred, eh?  I might have to learn to live with some bugs.

Wrye Bash does leveled lists (it's all I've ever used it for) I have it running on my system, (It just seems to write to FO4 install folder directly, most likely an error on my behalf. Configuration)

I get the same thing with my Wrye Bash.  Worse, after it writes the file, ti then says it can't write the file because it's "in use".  I'm not sure if it's done or not.  I'm probably gong to have to give up on Wrye Bash.

With CORE I've tried to have mostly "Essential" mods that other mods piggy back off of. Out of curiosity which mods don't you use?

@c0c0c0

LOOT is not Practical ... SO no LOOT lies you have to inspect everything in FO4Edit and make choices.

Edited by c0c0c0

@StratDOS

Hmmm that looks like your FO4Edit is not working correctly in MO2 and not seeing the folder/Modlist.

• Are you using MO2 in portable mode......
  • Does loot show all your mods?
  • When starting FO4Edit can you see NAC-PRC.esp in the list.

1. Nope

2. Yep

3. No, because I don't want to use NAC-PRC, that's why I'm asking if your better settlers patch is usable without it. :)

Edited by StratDOS

@c0c0c0

I get the same thing with my Wrye Bash.  Worse, after it writes the file, ti then says it can't write the file because it's "in use".  I'm not sure if it's done or not.  I'm probably gong to have to give up on Wrye Bash

Might be a permissions issue rather than file lock from MO2

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

this will add a context menu (right click option) called Take Ownership do that to you MO2 and fallout 4 and mo2DATA file repository.

I can't see anyway to alter the Default save path i.e. Overwrite folder

1. Nope

2. Yep

3. No, because I don't want to use NAC-PRC, that's why I'm asking if your better settlers patch is usable without it. :)

I understand. But the error you see in FO4Edit is troubling i.e. MO2/FO4edit not working as intended.

The NAC-PRC to better settlers patch is a vendor item thing.

The is no reason not to use NAC-PRC. Just use lighting and weather mods after it if you don't like what it does.

The reason for NAC

Any 4-5 Star ENB use it as a requirement (They base their coloring and LUT off the image space.)

IF you run NAC by itself it does what my prior lighting combination did-To a degree

I've removed all overwrites in regards to imagespace and cell so if you use any other lighting/weather effect it will use those values.

NOTE: all prior patched had MY stamp on environment lighting. Now it's vanilla+NAC

LOOT is not Practical I run it every now and again to see if the master list has gotten better for sorting FO4 but not as yet (I'm not aware if I can help/share data to make a better master list, haven't looked into it.)

The LOOT dev (WrinklyNinja) does not update the masterlist. He expects the community to make pull requests on the relevant GitHub page, or at the very least, submit issues (on the GitHub page) to be followed up on by other members of the community. He has his hands full just developing the tool itself...which is fair enough in my opinion.

The trouble is, not enough people know about this and just expect LOOT to "work" 100%...so very few people contribute.

I don't know how bad it is for Fallout 4 at the moment--I'm doing my first playthrough right now, which for me means just the Unofficial Patch--but for SSE it is in a bad state.

Anyway, each masterlist for a specific game has its own GitHub page. You can submit a pull request or an issue from there.

The page for the Fallout 4 masterlist is here: https://github.com/loot/fallout4

Well, I did this and few other configuration changes, plus added a Docs folder under /Data, and now I can get Wrye to run without an error message.  The patch is only 52k, which seems smallish, but I can drag it out of Data into Overwrite and it seems to work.  So thanks for the "Take Ownership" suggestion. 

Sadly, that trick doesn't seem to work with MatorSmash.  It's giving me "Failed to patch Smashed Patch, Access violation at address ..." right when it starts to build the patch.  This actually seems like a read error, since it is able to create the patch folders.  Sadly, I'm pretty sure Mator isn't going to support this on non-portable MO2 right now, so I look forward to your Smash guide when you get around to it.  Hopefully, my Merge and Bash patches will get me over the hump until you get there.

One thing this is doing is making me appreciate the work you guide folk and the tools folk go through to make this stuff easy(ish) for the rest of us.  I was obviously spoiled over in the Skyrim world (What?  No MCM?).  As a long time MO user, I am not interested in trying to make do with NMM so this is the best path available to play FO4, right now.  I'm sure we all look forward to the tools maturing a bit more.

I understand. But the error you see in FO4Edit is troubling i.e. MO2/FO4edit not working as intended.

The NAC-PRC to better settlers patch is a vendor item thing.

The is no reason not to use NAC-PRC. Just use lighting and weather mods after it if you don't like what it does.

Hm, the error in FO4Edit only appears when I try to load better settlers clothing patch WITHOUT NAC-PRC. It works completely fine in all other cases.

The reason for NAC

Any 4-5 Star ENB use it as a requirement (They base their coloring and LUT off the image space.)

IF you run NAC by itself it does what my prior lighting combination did-To a degree

I've removed all overwrites in regards to imagespace and cell so if you use any other lighting/weather effect it will use those values.

NOTE: all prior patched had MY stamp on environment lighting. Now it's vanilla+NAC

I don't really want to use an ENB though. So I guess I'll just redo the patch without NAC references?

RE:  With CORE I've tried to have mostly "Essential" mods that other mods piggy back off of. Out of curiosity which mods don't you use?

Man, I wish the edit button hung around a little longer.  That post was a mess.  And the long thoughtful answer I wrote didn't seem to make it in.  But that's (somewhat) okay because I was wrong.  Maybe I was looking at an older version of the patch because the section I left off (the colored Pip-boy stuff) does not appear to be a master of your patch.  So that means I get to use your patch and maybe have a quick cheat to get me past the oddities I'm experiencing with the tools.  Heck, I might even get to play this week!

@c0c0c0

My recommendation is just install the modwiki stuff get it working, Play the game. 

You will find I've thought of most things.

When you find a mod you want to use just install it either above or below NAC (depending if it's a lighting or weather mod) then just do conflict resolution for that mod using MODWiki patches as the master to work off of.

"Failed to patch Smashed Patch, Access violation at address ..."

Locate your SMASH executable and Right click Properties Compatibility run as administrator