HD chest Retex

redbananaz

it's not bad... normal map still got too much noise...but textures are precise and accurate,some diversification for colors and maybe darker-more saturated wood would be good...it's a good work btw ,really done from scratch without pre-made stuff.

I have to agree. I don't care for the textures added by Detailed Chests, and it's one of only a tiny handful of graphic mods recommended by STEP that I don't use. However, I also don't think that HD Chest Retex is an improvement over Detailed Chests.

Right now, I'm just using whatever texture TPC defaults to when Detailed Chests is not included. Some of these, like the ruin chests, I do think are significant improvements, and I'm rather happy with the way they look. The common chest is also an improvement on vanilla (though not nearly as much as the ruin chests). However, the upper chest, while certainly sharper, is not much of an improvement from the vanilla version (slight at best). Still, I prefer all of these textures over Detailed Chests.

I may try the chest texture from this mod: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4571 to see how it compares, but it just includes the one common chest (afaik) and I'd really like to find a better texture for the upper chest.

I have to agree. I don't care for the textures added by Detailed Chests, and it's one of only a tiny handful of graphic mods recommended by STEP that I don't use. However, I also don't think that HD Chest Retex is an improvement over Detailed Chests.

Right now, I'm just using whatever texture TPC defaults to when Detailed Chests is not included. Some of these, like the ruin chests, I do think are significant improvements, and I'm rather happy with the way they look. The common chest is also an improvement on vanilla (though not nearly as much as the ruin chests). However, the upper chest, while certainly sharper, is not much of an improvement from the vanilla version (slight at best). Still, I prefer all of these textures over Detailed Chests.

I may try the chest texture from this mod: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4571 to see how it compares, but it just includes the one common chest (afaik) and I'd really like to find a better texture for the upper chest.

If you're using TPC then you're getting this:

Ruins Chests: Ruins Clutter Improvement HD

Noble Chests: Tobes Highres Textures

Alll other Chests: SRO