Lost in the Moddingworld

Drahnier016

Hi ho.

Recently I put my fingers on MO and did a bit of experimenting/watching TuT´s watched a series from "Dirty Weasel Media", "Gamer Poets", "Gopher" and so on. Did what they were doing with a few minor tweaks to my liking.

@ the end the whole game didn't work even when i unchecked all mods and launched the game it keeps CTD.

After that I was thinking well something went wrong, lets try such a STEP guide. I ended up using: Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition

I did every single tiny step like mentioned. But for some reason, as soon as I load another Cell or the savegame created with this mod´s I get CTD.

I was crawling through an absurd amount of Forums/Reddit/and so on. But no one seems to have the "working" solution for me.

I even did the whole Project again and just used the Medium/Performance things instead of the 2K/High demanding things.

Just in case my RIG can't handle the Crapton of Mods but my RIG was Monitoring ":hey give me something to do mate, im underloaded."

Today i made a fresh Install. (Skyrim, MO and all 3´th Party Programs)

Installed SKSE like in this Video

Started the Game and played until the Point where you have to go to the keep with on Faction.

Quicksave, as son as i activate the Door i end up CTD.

So what in Oblivion causes this nasty CTD?

Welcome to STEP @Drahnier016

Sorry to hear about your troubles in modding Skyrim, but let me firstly set matter to rest. The problems you describe sound like nothing that MO is doing and rather more to do with an incorrect step with on of the guides you followed. As such I have moved this thread to the General section as I see no reason for it to specific to MO, this will also allow users with a wider knowledge of testing to see it.

I have also provided a link to the sub-forum in the General section that specifically deals with crashes and the like.

First, use BethINI to sort out your game INIs. This will ensure those are not the issue.

Second, please provide your enblocal.ini.

Third, install Crash Fixes to ensure you're not simply experiencing the loading CTD bug. This is a common issue where the game seems to randomly crash when loading.

[spoiler=enblocal.ini][PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=true
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=128
VideoMemorySizeMb=4064
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=false
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=10.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num / 106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
//B
KeyBruteForce=66

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=true
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=true

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=false
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

Already have Crash Fixes instaled.

Edited by Drahnier016

Ok now i think i found the nasty reason.("d3d9.dll")

I was thinking why would you want to have my enblocal.ini so I ripped off the dll to prevent ENB from loading.

Now it works just fine. But i don't want to play without ENB, so do you know what i can do to get this work together?

(MO+Mods+ENB)

::|:

Im using Vividian ENB.

Edited by Drahnier016

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Have you tried bashing your head against a wall and/or desk?

Have you tried cursing a lot even if you don't normally curse that much at all?

Have you tried blaming it on Windows and/or Microsoft?

Have you looked back and realised how much time you have wasted trying to solve your issue?

Have you tried refreshing this page only to realise people are wasting your time with silly questions?

If you have answered yes to any of those, then you have experienced the joy that is Skyrim modding in all its fantastic glory! It's certainly not convoluted and is totally user friendly that even a rabbit with no head could do it!

My suggestion would be to look at the ENB files you have installed and totally remove all of them. Then try to reinstall it again because that is what has fixed my ENB problems lately for some strange reason. If that fails you could try another one and cross your fingers.

First, ensure you have installed the DirectX End-User Runtimes (download, extract, and run the installer inside). If you have that installed or it doesn't help, then try installing an earlier version of ENBSeries. Many users have reported issues with v.308 who are also running Windows 10. I assume you are by looking at your memory settings in the file.

1.install the DirectX End-User Runtimes---done

2.Windows 10---confirmed
3.If you have answered yes to any of those, then you have experienced the joy that is Skyrim modding in all its fantastic glory!---you are a funny guy arent you?^^

Finally i did manage to get it work.

And for all others who try to fix their ENB-related issues, here is what i did:

1.) ...totally remove all of them. Then try to reinstall it again... (ENB-Files)

2.) ...ensure you have installed the DirectX End-User Runtimes (download, extract, and run the installer inside)...

3.) If you want to use ENB-Organizer like in the "Revisited-Legendary Edition" Step Guid, feel free to do so but if you don´t know what you are doing (like me at this time)

just do the recommended Install-Process from The ENB-Nexuspage or wherever else you got your ENB.

In my Case:(ModOrganizer)

1. Download ENB-Binarys and open the Archive, navigate to the "WrapperVersion", copy"d3d9.dll", "enbhost.exe", "enblocal.ini" to your Skyrim Directory [...common\Skyrim (NOT Data)].
  2. Install the ENB with MO
  3. Go to the MO/mods/"ENB" Folder and search for "ENB Install Files/Folder " (this will be newly created inside the main Folder from your ENB), copy the content in to your Skyrim Directory (NOT Data)
  4. Make sure you have "Skyrimprefs.ini" correctly set up and deactivated Antistropic/Antialiasing in your Launcher

Ty and have a good one.

::):