SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Well, depends how experienced you are and what mods you leave out. You won't break anything by leaving out something like BadGremlin's collectables, but leaving out Alternate Start is a bad idea imo, since it's start dungeon is much better for a heavy load order to initialize than the heavily scripted vanilla start.

But maybe you want to specify what exactly you mean by "couldn't run the full modlist" first, as leaving out deeply involved mods will cause problems and leaving out unimportant lightweights isn't likely to solve anything. Just to be sure, you don't use anything marked as optional?

Thanks, seems to be working as intended now. I hadn't read anything in the guide about what files to extract/what files to let MO extract (other than the BSA unpacking stuff). I have two additional questions. How much of an issue would it cause if I didn't delete a readme from an installation folder? I've installed a few, then gone back, realized I need to take out the readme (only readmes, I'm pretty consistent with the other stuff so far) and deleted it from the mods folder. Additionally, when processing mods using DDSopt, do I process textures, normal maps, or both?

Readmes dont do any harm. Its just a thing i picked up from Neo and stuck with it.

Both textures and normals. Check the subguide for ddsopt.

Hi!

Im trying to slim down LO as my PC was not able to run the full modlist. As throwed out some mods and their Requiem patches  ( Craftable Horse Barding, Faction Crossbows, Alternate Start,both Requiem Restored esps, requiem__collectables.esp, Falskaar ,requiem__noticeboard.esp )   the zzz Requiem Merge Consistency Patch.esp and zzz NARC - Consistency Patch.esp  is missing some masters. So i cant merge it into Requiem Patches Merged plugin. Also   zzz Second Requiem Patches Merge Consistency Patch.esp  is missin Collectable esps so i cant us it either.  How important are those Requiem Merge Consistency esps? What exactly are they do? Will not using them break something important?

hi. I dont know your PC configuration, but if you having performance issues, it may be related to the usage of Vram or Memory. I have 4gb card, and i know i cant have ECTV if i dont lower the texture, to lower the texture you can do it when installing mods, choose 2k for interior, and 1k for exterior, or you can use a program to lower it on your mod list i think its name is Optimizer Textures (Ordenador) , but to get a full picture of your problem you must first do a diagnose, use a program to diagnose the System usage like this one Skyrim Performance Monitor. Rule of thumb, you need to stay within your card Vram limit or you will sttuter and freeze like hell, lower resolution or ditch mods that add more texture to the game. Hope this help you, have fun. 

Hi!

Im trying to slim down LO as my PC was not able to run the full modlist. As throwed out some mods and their Requiem patches ( Craftable Horse Barding, Faction Crossbows, Alternate Start,both Requiem Restored esps, requiem__collectables.esp, Falskaar ,requiem__noticeboard.esp ) the zzz Requiem Merge Consistency Patch.esp and zzz NARC - Consistency Patch.esp is missing some masters. So i cant merge it into Requiem Patches Merged plugin. Also zzz Second Requiem Patches Merge Consistency Patch.esp is missin Collectable esps so i cant us it either. How important are those Requiem Merge Consistency esps? What exactly are they do? Will not using them break something important?

Those mods you skipped wont do anything on your performance... you should skip mods that impact on performance like ECTV additions or install textures 2k or even 1k.

Consistency patches are important as they resolve conflicts between the patches in a merge. If you want to remove a mod that is in a consistency patch as master you need to check it in xedit and see if there isnt anything else needed there.

Those mods you skipped wont do anything on your performance... you should skip mods that impact on performance like ECTV additions or install textures 2k or even 1k.

Consistency patches are important as they resolve conflicts between the patches in a merge. If you want to remove a mod that is in a consistency patch as master you need to check it in xedit and see if there isnt anything else needed there.

Yes i uninstalled ECTV and SFO also. I didnt install any texture beyond 2k except Notice Board Redefined which is recommended 4k install. Noble skyrim was performance edition also and GTX 980 4GB was not able to run it without freez few minutes ingame. I triet to throw out only ECTV but i got the same freezes. So im sliming down further. But The mods im throwing out im not going to use so i uninstalled them also. So i should rather put them back on even when im not interested in them for better consistency?

hi. I dont know your PC configuration, but if you having performance issues, it may be related to the usage of Vram or Memory. I have 4gb card, and i know i cant have ECTV if i dont lower the texture, to lower the texture you can do it when installing mods, choose 2k for interior, and 1k for exterior, or you can use a program to lower it on your mod list i think its name is Optimizer Textures (Ordenador) , but to get a full picture of your problem you must first do a diagnose, use a program to diagnose the System usage like this one Skyrim Performance Monitor. Rule of thumb, you need to stay within your card Vram limit or you will sttuter and freeze like hell, lower resolution or ditch mods that add more texture to the game. Hope this help you, have fun. 

i7 4770K 3,5GHz , GTX 980 4GB, 16´GB RAM, SSD, Windows 7. I installed all the setup with recommended textures and even when throwing out ECTV my game was freezing few minutes ingame. People here that know more noted that its VRAM issue and i better not push my hardware to limit. So im uninstalling few mods and wanna try run this setup then.

Your gtx980 should be able to run the setup very well, maybe even with ectv installed. Sounds more like a memory management problem (crash fixes ini) or bad ENB configuration.

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

I tought so too... But maybe my setup is not conditioned enough for such big modlist :) I never had above 250 mods...

I tought so too... But maybe my setup is not conditioned enough for such big modlist :) I never had above 250 mods...

You can waste time trying to uninstall unimportant mods and then fixing the things you break... Or you can spend that time trying to figure out the actual problem.  Your system, assuming no actual hardware problems like bad memory sticks, CAN run this load order without freezing / crashing just fine.  Your specs are more than good enough.  A much weaker system can run this load order just fine assuming proper texture choices and leaving out optionals.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Dude, your rig is stronger than mine (i5-4440 @ 3.3, GTX970 4gb, 16gb RAM, 250SSDx2) and I am running close on 600 plugins, nearly 1000 mods (984 actually) in my left pane, mostly 2k and 2k 1k, Holds Complete, around 60 other locations mods all merged, and it generally runs sweet at 45-55FPS with latency at 0.045-0.08 which is acceptable.  I have enb set to autodetectmemory, and crash fixes custom memory blocks set to 160 at present although I could get away with dropping it slightly.  So there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be able to run this guide.  It's going to be something simple.  Have you tested your RAM for issues btw?

Edit - Oops, din't read JDs post, beat me to it!

Edited by dunc001

i7 4770K 3,5GHz , GTX 980 4GB, 16´GB RAM, SSD, Windows 7. I installed all the setup with recommended textures and even when throwing out ECTV my game was freezing few minutes ingame. People here that know more noted that its VRAM issue and i better not push my hardware to limit. So im uninstalling few mods and wanna try run this setup then.

When you say "freezing", are you talking about the "Skyrim failed to allocate memory" message?

In that case, try reinstalling your motherboard's chipset drivers. That's what fixed it for me. IIRC, the chipset drivers include stuff for your mobo's northbridge, which manages memory allocation.

You can waste time trying to uninstall unimportant mods and then fixing the things you break... Or you can spend that time trying to figure out the actual problem.  Your system, assuming no actual hardware problems like bad memory sticks, CAN run this load order without freezing / crashing just fine.  Your specs are more than good enough.  A much weaker system can run this load order just fine assuming proper texture choices and leaving out optionals.

Ok Then... Now im going to remerge the merges that i merged without uninstalled mods. When im on point zero i will try to find out the cause of my freezes.

When you say "freezing", are you talking about the "Skyrim failed to allocate memory" message?

In that case, try reinstalling your motherboard's chipset drivers. That's what fixed it for me. IIRC, the chipset drivers include stuff for your mobo's northbridge, which manages memory allocation.

Yes. The error message is :

Skyrim has failed to allocate memory! Possibly running out of memory. Size / alignment of object being allocated was 11184944 / 16. Some things you can try:

1. Make sure ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true is set in enblocal.ini - if you don't have ENB then install ENBoost and enable this option.

2. Try set AlignHeapAllocate=0 in CrashFixPlugin.ini - if you get additional crashes then put back to 1.

3. If it's during ShowRaceMenu then close the menu from time to time to free memory.

4. Enable CustomMemoryBlock in CrashFixPlugin.ini to reduce memory fragmentation.

5. If it's during ShowRaceMenu then disable UseOSAllocators=1 and re-enable after character creation is completed.

Will trye the drivers reinstal.

Ok Then... Now im going to remerge the merges that i merged without uninstalled mods. When im on point zero i will try to find out the cause of my freezes.

Yes. The error message is :

Skyrim has failed to allocate memory! Possibly running out of memory. Size / alignment of object being allocated was 11184944 / 16. Some things you can try:

1. Make sure ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true is set in enblocal.ini - if you don't have ENB then install ENBoost and enable this option.

2. Try set AlignHeapAllocate=0 in CrashFixPlugin.ini - if you get additional crashes then put back to 1.

3. If it's during ShowRaceMenu then close the menu from time to time to free memory.

4. Enable CustomMemoryBlock in CrashFixPlugin.ini to reduce memory fragmentation.

5. If it's during ShowRaceMenu then disable UseOSAllocators=1 and re-enable after character creation is completed.

Will trye the drivers reinstal.

Yup, got that exact error message few minutes into the game too. Reinstalling the chipset drivers should solve it.