SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Ok, merges....

Basically, if you follow the guide exactly, you should be able to deactivation the mod where esps that were merged were from otherwise there will be instructions to do some cut and pasting to create new mods for esps that are in those mods that were not merged. If you set up Merge plugin correctly, all assets in the mod will be copied over to the merge mod folder with the merged esp. I recommend you compare the contents of the to be deactivated mods to the merged one to convince yourself that all the content is there.

However, even I, who thought that I followed the instructions exactly, didn't keep the patch esps separate from the main mod and when I got to the merge, I realized I had to reinstall the mod and then reinstall the patches separately. When you go through it, you'll see what I mean.

So that generally answers your question. Try a couple, and you'll get the hang of it

Edited by mcshame

When you create a merge the Assets (sou all the texture meshes and scripts) are forwarded in the new merge so once a mod is mereg untick them in the left pane of MO.

copy and paste liek any Windows file outside of MO

Download both files you don't need to go through the CR Subguide it really old and very very out of date.

Wow! You've answered me in record time! lol

Thank you very much!

Ok, merges....

Basically, if you follow the guide exactly, you should be able to deactivation the mod where esps that were merged were from otherwise there will be instructions to do some cut and pasting to create new mods for esps that are in those mods that were not merged. If you set up Merge plugin correctly, all assets in the mod will be copied over to the merge mod folder with the merged esp. I recommend you compare the contents of the to be deactivated mods to the merged one to convince yourself that all the content is there.

However, even I, who thought that I followed the instructions exactly, didn't keep the patch esps separate from the main mod and when I got to the merge, I realized I had to reinstall the mod and then reinstall the patches separately. When you go through it, you'll see what I mean.

So that generally answers your question. Try a couple, and you'll get the hang of it

Thank you very much!

I'll check it when I get home.

I'm finishing up the merges section (Snazzy Furniture and Clutter Overhall section), and I just ran into my first error in Immersive College of Winterhold.esp, saying for a few different cells "Found a MESG reference, expected: REGN" (full error log). Can anyone help me with how to fix this? I tried the built-in "resolve errors" prompt in Merge Plugins, but I'm either not using it correctly or it's not doing what I need it to.

I'm having this issue as well.

I had this happen as well. Wasn't sure if it had to do with the college mod upgrade. However, I deleted the merge in MO and merge plugin and tried it a second time and it worked without error. I know that doesn't sound good, but that's how it dealt with it...

Hello- total noob here;

I was once perfectly happy and content with just a handful of mods, and then that list grew, and then they all began to fight eachother....

Looking to the internet in despair, I stumbled across this awesome guide, and after wiping skyrim from my computer and doing the clean vanilla install, I embarked on the journey presented by the guide. It took me a while, but when I finally finished I must have done something (or a lot of somethings) wrong.

It was working (aside from Skyui not liking my inventory screen) yesterday, and as I started the live another life (Explorer Guild's Guildmaster) play through. I thought I was in the clear. Alas! I was not; today when I loaded up the save it spawned me into the sleeping giant inn, naked and bald. At the same time I got the messages in the upper corner of all the mods loading for the first time.

I probably did something backwards, or just plain wrong, but I was wondering if there is any help for a poor sod like myself?

I I've compared the Modwat.ch lists (255 plugins & 527 active mods, vs 207 plugins and 704 active mods) which indicates that I did something wack, but before I wipe it all away and start from scratch, is there anything else I can do?

("suck it up" "git gud" etc are acceptable, but not prefered... XD)

Thanks in advance,

-Xepte

p.s. Modwatch link for anyone that may want to look and cringe: https://modwat.ch/u/Xepteregicide/plugins

Yeah, I'm fairly certain I did; currently combing through to see if the suggestion you made earlier about the keeping the patch ESPs separate will work, though I'm confused as to why you would keep mods and patches separate if they all are being merged anyway. (for instance, NARC and its patches all get swept into the animals merge and then deactivated; so that doesn't need to be separately downloaded)

Edited by xepte

One last question (I hope).
There's and esp that doesn't appear on Darth_Mathias Load Order:
"WetandColdAshes WAFR CCF.esp"
That plugin is installed with Assorted Equipment Patches - Wet and Cold.

Where should I place that plugin in my load order?

One last question (I hope).

There's and esp that doesn't appear on Darth_Mathias Load Order:

"WetandColdAshes WAFR CCF.esp"

That plugin is installed with Assorted Equipment Patches - Wet and Cold.

Where should I place that plugin in my load order?

If I remember correct (been awhile) It merges into the Bash Patch so just let LOOT do it's thing

If I remember correct (been awhile) It merges into the Bash Patch so just let LOOT do it's thing

Nice! Thanks! So basically I should trust LOOT at the end of the guide and the only adjustments should be those that are described on the guide, right?

And about the bashtags... If I edit them on LOOT should I edit them on Wrye Bash too?

Edited by denba666

I had this happen as well. Wasn't sure if it had to do with the college mod upgrade. However, I deleted the merge in MO and merge plugin and tried it a second time and it worked without error. I know that doesn't sound good, but that's how it dealt with it...

So I tried that but its still not working. Do you think its okay to just ignor the error? Or should I manually fix it in TES5Edit somehow?

I don't know what's happening.

When I try to merge RS Children there's a problem where the mod RS Children Merged - SRLE Extended LOTD doesn't appear on Mod Organizer to be activated. When I go back into Merge Plugin the name of the merge appears in blue font. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by denba666

Another question, in the Weapons and Armor Merge, there is an idiot check which says "Make sure All Bash Tags for Faction Crossbows.esp have been removed using Wrye Bash before creating this merged mod." I've been really confused about bash tags this entire guide because as far as I could find, there was no explanation about how to edit them. I just skipped the parts about bash tags because I figured it'd come at the end. How should I go about doing this part?

Sorry about a late answer, I hope you've figured it out by now, but, here goes... You can change the bashed patch in Loot (there's a tab for it when you click "Edit Metadata" for any plugin) but the easiest way to do it is with Wrye Bash (run WB from within MO, when you select any plugin you have a big box on the lower right side of the WB window that says "Bash Tags", you right-click there to select/unselect bash tags).

I don't know what's happening.

When I try to merge RS Children there's a problem where the mod RS Children Merged - SRLE Extended LOTD doesn't appear on Mod Organizer to be activated. When I go back into Merge Plugin the name of the merge appears in blue font. What am I doing wrong?

If you configured Merge Plugins as per the guide, it should spawn a folder named "RS Children Merged - SRLE Extended LOTD" inside your mod organizer/mods folder. If you refresh your mod list in MO, it should show down at the bottm, then you can move it where you need it to be and activate. The blue color in Merge Plugins Standalone means the merge has been built. If it's not in your mod organizer/mods/ folder you don't have the correct MO integration detected in Merge Plugins, or you specified an alternative location for the mergers.

And about the bashtags... If I edit them on LOOT should I edit them on Wrye Bash too?

No need for that, either way is ok.