SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

:wallbash: It looks like I failed the Idiot check :psyduck:  It was caused by UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics being set to false.

"Idiot Check: Once this is done change UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false to TRUE and test to see if it is working. If it's working, change it back to FALSE when you have reached and installed the ENB from the Main guide."

"If it's working, change it back to FALSE when you have reached and installed the ENB from the Main guide." I've had it set to set to false without having done the ENB part on the guide.

:wallbash: It looks like I failed the Idiot check :psyduck:  It was caused by UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics being set to false.

"Idiot Check: Once this is done change UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false to TRUE and test to see if it is working. If it's working, change it back to FALSE when you have reached and installed the ENB from the Main guide."

"If it's working, change it back to FALSE when you have reached and installed the ENB from the Main guide." I've had it set to set to false without having done the ENB part on the guide.

that will do it basically you need to keep that set to TRUE so your only using ENBOOST until the ENB is actually installed. There is another idiot check on the main guide when you reach the ENB that gets you turn it back to FALSE.

• +1 1

Yes, once the intro sequence is over it will CTD.

Not sure if this will help, and maybe I actually did something wrong. But this was happening to me once I finished the prerequisites before modding. However, I seemed to have fixed it by setting the UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics from the enb.ini to true. I had it set to false when I finished prerequisites and it kept crashing at the same point as you, as soon as I was about to enter Helgen keep after the intro. It also was happening after sleeping in the bed after Alternate Start.

I'm hoping once I get to the enb section of the mod guide, and set it back to false, this problem won't reintroduce itself, but thats DEFINATELY what it was in my case. And it was the exact same problem you're describing...

EDIT- LOL, I literally just missed your reply stating EXACTLY everything I just told you haha. Please Ignore me :/

Edited by ShawnimusMaximus

Side note- This might be a stupid question, but I just got to installing Helgen Reborn. Do I need to run DDSopt only on the folder for Helgen Reborn, or do I also need to run it on the mod folder for the Vivid Landscapes patch? I'm guessing no, since the patch only contains the .esp file? Also, after optimizing Helgen Reborn, do I drag the Optimized mod directly below the original, or under the Vivid Landscapes patch?

Srry for the potentially idiotic question. I've done ALOT of modding throughout the years on bethesda games. But this guide is the first time attempting something of this magnitude. Wanna make sure I get everything right. Also not very familiar with DDSopt...

Side note- This might be a stupid question, but I just got to installing Helgen Reborn. Do I need to run DDSopt only on the folder for Helgen Reborn, or do I also need to run it on the mod folder for the Vivid Landscapes patch? I'm guessing no, since the patch only contains the .esp file? Also, after optimizing Helgen Reborn, do I drag the Optimized mod directly below the original, or under the Vivid Landscapes patch?

Srry for the potentially idiotic question. I've done ALOT of modding throughout the years on bethesda games. But this guide is the first time attempting something of this magnitude. Wanna make sure I get everything right. Also not very familiar with DDSopt...

I normally only optimize the main Helgen Reborn. It doesn't matter since the vivid texture patch doesn't get optimized those textures don't get overwritten, I personally do place the optimized Helgen reborn textures after the Helgen Reborn - Vivid Landscapes Patch thou.

I normally only optimize the main Helgen Reborn. It doesn't matter since the vivid texture patch doesn't get optimized those textures don't get overwritten, I personally do place the optimized Helgen reborn textures after the Helgen Reborn - Vivid Landscapes Patch thou.

Thanks for the reply, that's what I decided to end up doing as well. I actually tried to run the Vivid Landscapes patch through DDSopt just in case. But no files came through to optimize anyway, which is what I figured would happen. Just been trying to be overly cautious as I go through this guide.

Just one more question if I can... Even though the instructions are on each mod as you go, would you suggest waiting until the end of the guide to...

1.update all of the mod's metadatas in Loot and sort load orders.

2.Add all of the mod's bash tags updates through WryeBash.

...seeing as there are subsections at the end of the guide for these things as well anyways? The metadata updates in particular seemed like they would be easier to save for the end once all the mods are actually present.

Thanks for the reply, that's what I decided to end up doing as well. I actually tried to run the Vivid Landscapes patch through DDSopt just in case. But no files came through to optimize anyway, which is what I figured would happen. Just been trying to be overly cautious as I go through this guide.

Just one more question if I can... Even though the instructions are on each mod as you go, would you suggest waiting until the end of the guide to...

1.update all of the mods metadatas in Loot and sort load orders.

2.Add all of the mods bash tags through WryeBash.

...seeing as there are subsections at the end of the guide for these things as well anyways? The metadata updates in particular seemed like they would be easier to save for the end once all the mods are actually present.

that is up to you the subsection at the bottom do act as an idiot check for all the rules and tags.

Does anyone know by chance what is happening with modded Skyrim: the screen randomly locks up after playing awhile and has that circular 'loading' icon, then the screen flashes to black and then game play is restored and can play as normal or sometimes the game freezes and doesn't recover forcing me to close Skyrim with task manager. I'm wondering if this is caused from the extra mods (mainly most are expanded cities towns, and villages mods)  I added ontop of  the SRLE Extended guide thus pushing the memory usage off the charts.

Has anyone ever experienced this while playing? If so was it indeed a memory issue?

Edited by InstantKor

Does anyone know by chance what is happening with modded Skyrim: the screen randomly locks up after playing awhile and has that circular 'loading' icon, then the screen flashes to black and then game play is restored and can play as normal or sometimes the game freezes and doesn't recover forcing me to close Skyrim with task manager. I'm wondering if this is caused from the extra mods (mainly most are expanded cities towns, and villages mods)  I added ontop of  the SRLE Extended guide thus pushing the memory usage off the charts.

Has anyone ever experienced this while playing? If so was it indeed a memory issue?

I get the stutters when roaming the world, but have never seen a loading icon while its doing it. i believe this is caused when new cells load into memory. 

How much VRAM do you have? My 980 ti has 6 GB which i think is the minimum you should have if you are using city mods. 

I get the occasional crash outside, about 3 in 60 + hours so far. I don't really worry about it though as the amount of mods running means that the occasional crash is inevitable. If you get repeatable crashes or freezes in the same cells then i would suggest you have an issue with something. 

Edited by Jim102929

Srry for asking so many questions the past day or two... but is there some kind of trick to being able to test if the game is still stable after each section, as the guide suggests? I ask this because I'm having trouble in this regard. If we're following the guide as it is written, we're consistently downloading mods with built-in patches to other mods that have yet to be downloaded yet, seperate patches for mods that come later in the guide, etc. So there's no way to start it to see if it's still stable because of the countless "missing masters" errors and whatnot, if you attempt to "test" your game as you're going... mine doesn't even start up to the menu screen right now because of this. I'm about at the point of just finishing installing Vividian ENB.

Is there something I'm missing? I'm following the guide to the letter, but I'd like to know if there is any way to playtest as I'm going to give me peace of mind that I haven't screwed something up, short of disabling every mod that has had a compatibility patch built in to it installed so far.

Srry for asking so many questions the past day or two... but is there some kind of trick to being able to test if the game is still stable after each section, as the guide suggests? I ask this because I'm having trouble in this regard. If we're following the guide as it is written, we're consistently downloading mods with built-in patches to other mods that have yet to be downloaded yet, seperate patches for mods that come later in the guide, etc. So there's no way to start it to see if it's still stable because of the countless "missing masters" errors and whatnot, if you attempt to "test" your game as you're going... mine doesn't even start up to the menu screen right now because of this. I'm about at the point of just finishing installing Vividian ENB.

Is there something I'm missing? I'm following the guide to the letter, but I'd like to know if there is any way to playtest as I'm going to give me peace of mind that I haven't screwed something up, short of disabling every mod that has had a compatibility patch built in to it installed so far.

I wouldn't get to caught up in worrying about testing. The guide has been tested and played through multiple times, by many people and provided you follow all the instructions properly you will have a working and stable game. I'm around 65 hours in and apart from the sporadic crash the game is fine.  

The "loading" icon appears when windows detect a process is inactive and thinks it is not normal. If you try to click or interact with your game at this moment, it will certainly ask if you want to terminate the process. If the process is too slow to recover, it hangs. This problem appears after how many time ?