SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

As far as RRR enhanced goes, its not just a Navmesh issue, RRR enhanced makes some changes to the layout of Nightgate Inn, including a wall that separates the area where the bar is from the downstairs section, which is now converted to have more rooms, one of which is the bathing room.

Since this removes the load area from within the Nightgate Inn Cell that leads to the basement, its a major conflict with part of the Dark Brotherhood questline (though I believe its still accessible from the outside). This often results with the newly added wall flashing in and out of visibility, depending on your angle and the aforementioned navmesh issue when navigating the area.

While I quite liked the changes that RRR Enhanced made, I can understand why it was removed in favour of the Basic edition.

Edited by fallenknighte

Formid 000018fd

Refrenceid 02002888

After a bit of reading I did find that this is a rare (i think) vanilla bug.

I found a workaround

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/775358-castle-volkihar-door-wont-open/page-3

looking in xEdit nothing is overwriting that formid so yes like you said this is a vanilla bug, Least you found a solution. I am about to start Dawnguard DLC so let's see if I get it too.

Totally forget about that we merge it later, as I rebuild my setup, I just noticed that update.

(I messed up my MO installation and forget to backup, i wanna cry, can I ? I need an understanding shoulder XD)

:clap: :rofl:. Seriously I know your pain been there done that then kicked Darth up the arse for not backing up  :devil2:  yes I am evil.

Memnoch love the wet cheetah, sums up how i feel some days....as for Darth, poor fellow...if he's not in the dog box, he's kicked around, when not kicked around, he's told there's a pregnancy taking place, after being away awhile, and no it's not Lexy......heart stopping fear of not my girl!!!!! BUT the dog. Perhaps the picture of said cheetah sums up his days sometime :rofl: ONLY KIDDING, bet Lexy thinking this right now  :bat: 

After you run Merge Plugins you'll get down in the range of ~230, and then after the bashed patch is made you'll merge another 20-30 esps.   However, it should not really matter that Wrye Bash complains on startup, because all it's doing is deactivating everything in your load order above and beyond 255.  You can still edit bash tags on deactivated mods. 

Alternatively, you can also just wait and do all the tag updates for all mods in one step at the end of the guide, right before making the bashed patch.  There's an "idiot check" section right there that lists all the tag updates you need to do.

DarkladyLexy,  on this topic, for the crossbows.esp it is to actually remove tags.  But as mentioned, there are too many mods at this point and it doesn't allow Wyre Bash to work.  Putting them in the idiot check would be perfect but it is not listed as it is a removal of tags, not adding tags.  Would you consider adding it there in the guide as I had to write it down to remind myself to do it later.

DarkladyLexy,  on this topic, for the crossbows.esp it is to actually remove tags.  But as mentioned, there are too many mods at this point and it doesn't allow Wyre Bash to work.  Putting them in the idiot check would be perfect but it is not listed as it is a removal of tags, not adding tags.  Would you consider adding it there in the guide as I had to write it down to remind myself to do it later.

Not sure I am doing it right, but I usually deactivate most plugins, except for an prerequisites when installing Faction Crossbows, open Wrye Bash and remove the tags, then close that. Once back in Mod Organiser, I then just delete the Bashed Patch eps from the overwrite folder, reactivate all the deactivated esps and continue with the guide.

As said, not sure if that is the right way to go about it.

bet Lexy thinking this right now  :bat:

yes I am.

well as I mentioned to memnochs when you merge an esp using Merge Plugins Standalone the Bash Tags don't forward (Unless I am wrong we need confirmation on that) so technically you shouldn't actually need to remove the Bash Tags prior to merging. The removal was recommended by Dreadflopp and has been since SRLE Extended so that info might be out of date now; Think we best consult Mator.

You know I actually now have a feeling that instructions to removed the tags from Faction Crossbows is a left over from when we had Morrowloot in the guide and the old days of SRLE Extended.

I did a search about bash tag and merge plugin, and it seems that it doesn't forward anything, so your assertion is right, you don't need to remove them before.

My merging test seems to lead to same conclusion.

I tend to think these instructions was useful for the old merging script from TESVEdit, if I have time I will do a test to satisfy my curiosity.

@berndaroy: Your avatar is from GOT, isn't it ?

Edited by memnochs