SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Lexy sweetness a small query: Idiot check for Loot under "Big Push towards the end", "IcePenguinWorldMap.esp - Load after Vivid Weathers - Merged.esp", but on your Modwatch you have it loading BEFORE crime overhaul, and not below vivid weathers merged....SO is this rule wrong and should we follow LOOT which places it before crime overhaul?...Ta sweetness

Lexy sweetness a small query: Idiot check for Loot under "Big Push towards the end", "IcePenguinWorldMap.esp - Load after Vivid Weathers - Merged.esp", but on your Modwatch you have it loading BEFORE crime overhaul, and not below vivid weathers merged....SO is this rule wrong and should we follow LOOT which places it before crime overhaul?...Ta sweetness

mmm that's a little weird ALL my MO's have it loading after Vivid Weathers merged plus I have the LOOT Rule in place guess something was funky when I last updated the Modwat.ch Profile. The Modwat.ch Profile is wrong you need the LOOT I'll update that.

Edit: Updated the Modwat.ch Profile Also just updated My SRLE Extended LOTD MO Profile on the Nexus Page to make sure noting was funky there either.

You're welcome.  I actually didn't do it myself, since creating all those profiles just seemed like too much work.  Instead I came up with an alternative solution which works nearly as well, but only requires one profile.  I renamed all the mods I deactivated after a merge with the name of the merge at the beginning in brackets, so I can just sort by name and then know exactly what to reactivate.  The only drawback to this method is you do need to manually edit the load order before doing the rebuild, since the esps won't be in the order Merge Plugins originally saw them.

For example, here is what I have in the left pane as it pertains to the Heads Up Display merge.  Only the first mod (the merged one) is normally active, unless I'm rebuilding a merge:

[Heads Up Display Merged]

[Heads Up Display Merged] - A Matter of Time - A HUD clock widget

[Heads Up Display Merged] - Equipment HUD

[Heads Up Display Merged] - Extended UI

[Heads Up Display Merged] - Go On Ahead

[Heads Up Display Merged] - Immersive HUD - iHUD

[Heads Up Display Merged] - Lock Overhaul

If I need to update one of those mods it gets named the same, and then I reactivate them all, order them properly, and then run the merge.

Yes, that makes sense, I've seen some guides that use that strategy.  However, I have multiple guide profiles using many of the same mods.  Changing the names would cause a different kind of chaos.... 

Reddvilzz Hi! If i remember correctly the reason this isn't used is because of conflict with LOTD.....Nightgate Inn in specific, caused problems for the Ongar's Kegbreaker Quest, the chest with relic item and DB Orc...again if memory serves me correct, something with layout, navmesh etc due to RRR Enhanced. This was flagged by the LOTD team at the early stages of this guide being made

I thought that is fixed by the mod Multiple Floor Sandboxing, I remember someone mentioned that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mcshame hi! Out of curiosity on your youtube "Skyrim Playthrough (DID) - Ravlof Haugen 1-001", you have a journal in game that you are able to edit etc, which reminds me if a similiar Morrowind mod....SO is this a skyrim mod and if so which one, or one you added in for the playthrough video. Appreciate any feed back

I thought that is fixed by the mod Multiple Floor Sandboxing, I remember someone mentioned that.

Reddvilzz hi! Sirjesto mentioned this on one of his post(Not sure where..possibly patch central), though he states that he had not personally tried it out. I brought it up here in case the guide wished to resort back to RRR enhanced as on the previous guide and Neovalen's guide at one stage, but i think the consensus was to say as is. My thinking at the time when there was a shortage of bathing areas, RRR enhanced could address that issue, but Showers in inns had already been added in

Edited by berndaroy

Mcshame hi! Out of curiosity on your youtube "Skyrim Playthrough (DID) - Ravlof Haugen 1-001", you have a journal in game that you are able to edit etc, which reminds me if a similiar Morrowind mod....SO is this a skyrim mod and if so which one, or one you added in for the playthrough video. Appreciate any feed back

Hi, it's called Taking Notes - Journal of The Dragonborn

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48375

You can export and input the journal as well.  The import is a bit of a pain because you need to format in XML format but the export works well.

There is an ENB "burst hotkey" that you need to disable because it will cause the gave to lag badly..took me awhile to figure it out.  Will look for detail and edit this post with it

Edit: It's called KeyBruteForce and it happens when you type shift+B.  So your writing in your Journal and type "But alas, the maiden....WTF, framerate ZERO?!". So you can just do what they say here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/585ll8/can_i_completely_disable_some_enb_hotkeys/

In enblocal.ini just set: KeyBruteForce=0
Edited by mcshame

I knew there was a 256 esp limit but I didn't know there was a limit on mods for Wyre bash.  I was trying to take out the tags for Faction Crossbows but it would not let me.  Will I be able to get the numbers down later in the guide or I need to untick a bunch of mods now to let it load correctly?

Edited by mcshame

I knew there was a 256 esp limit but I didn't know there was a limit on mods for Wyre bash.  I was trying to take out the tags for Faction Crossbows but it would not let me.  Will I be able to get the numbers down later in the guide or I need to untick a bunch of mods now to let it load correctly?

After you run Merge Plugins you'll get down in the range of ~230, and then after the bashed patch is made you'll merge another 20-30 esps.   However, it should not really matter that Wrye Bash complains on startup, because all it's doing is deactivating everything in your load order above and beyond 255.  You can still edit bash tags on deactivated mods. 

Alternatively, you can also just wait and do all the tag updates for all mods in one step at the end of the guide, right before making the bashed patch.  There's an "idiot check" section right there that lists all the tag updates you need to do.

Edited by Eudeyrn

Cool. It chopped of the mod I needed to bash. I'll do it later, but the instruction said to fix the tags prior to bashing it

Since you don't create the Bashed patch until the second-to-last step in the guide, it doesn't really make any difference when you do it.  You can add tags as you go, but they won't have any effect until you actually execute the step headlined "Wrye Bash."  I think the guide just has the tagging steps alongside the mods to make sure you don't miss any, since there didn't use to be the "idiot check" sections with the full list.

Edited by Eudeyrn