SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

First time posting.

Having a bit of a problem during the merge process. Hopefully you can help as I'm baffled

I'm at the 

Complete Alchemy And Cooking Overhaul

step of the merge and one file in the merge is grayed out and is not selectable

CACO_konahrik_acc.esp

Just wondering what I could do to fix this.

Kev.

this normally because the load order is wrong.

I am not seeing any issues with candles my end probably cos i am not using candles from Ruins clutter Improved. I have triple checked and I am wrong RUSTIC ALCHEMY and ENCHANTING TABLES does overwrite candles from SMIM but they look OK to me maybe that's your issue. the meshes should still be coming from SMIM

From the SMIM changelog:

-Reviewed raiserfx's awesome Ruins Clutter Improved mod version 2.9. He greatly improved the candles, so I've taken his meshes and new candle textures and incorporated them into SMIM to avoid conflicts. Install his mod first then SMIM. Let SMIM overwrite his mod. You'll get all his new candles and all SMIM's stuff too.

Apparently I can't edit my previous post but it seems i've not found and resolved all issues arising from SMIM switching to the RCI candle meshes/textures https://i.imgur.com/OgKaF7K.jpg

Here's a side-by-side of the rustic candle texture and the RCI/SMIM candle texture: https://i.imgur.com/73Ega9L.png you see the problem(s) that will occur? I presime that rustic is using the vanilla mesh UV Map while RCI is using its new UV Map.

I'm thinking that it may even be a better option to hide the candle mesh/texture from SMIM/RCI and continue to use the rustic candles. I'll try that in my game.

Edited by LordOfLA

Lordofla hi! Thank you for your suggestions, as i had this issue awhile back in one of my builds and yes Ruins clutter needs to be loaded and over written by Smim, to avoid the black rectangular blocks on candles. But with this guide we are only seeking to use the textures for puzzle doors etc and hence DO NOT have the .esp loaded. You will see further in the guide this same principle is used for better textures to overwrite poorer ones and their esp's are hidden accordingly. It is always great to have feed back as that way we all learn and better our modding experience....at present in my play through with this guide, i too don't have any problems with candles. Anyway best regards :thumbsup:

Apparently I can't edit my previous post but it seems i've not found and resolved all issues arising from SMIM switching to the RCI candle meshes/textures https://i.imgur.com/OgKaF7K.jpg

Here's a side-by-side of the rustic candle texture and the RCI/SMIM candle texture: https://i.imgur.com/73Ega9L.png you see the problem(s) that will occur? I presime that rustic is using the vanilla mesh UV Map while RCI is using its new UV Map.

I'm thinking that it may even be a better option to hide the candle mesh/texture from SMIM/RCI and continue to use the rustic candles. I'll try that in my game.

well i can see you are not using RUSTIC ALCHEMY and ENCHANTING TABLES by Gamwich cos here is how the should look https://imgur.com/I5Y6A7V

Rustic IS TEXTURES ONLY MESHES SHOULD BE FROM SMIM.

Can't edit previous post now. Anyhow, if not using the RCI candle options but SMIM as-is with the rustic candle_01 texture you end up with https://i.imgur.com/kYYFdTh.png happening in various places where SMIM will expect the RCI texture. I think it may be worth jumping wholesale on the RCI candle replacers and disabling/removing mods that rely on the vanilla UV layout/texture layout for candles.

well i can see you are not using RUSTIC ALCHEMY and ENCHANTING TABLES by Gamwich cos here is how the should look https://imgur.com/I5Y6A7V

Rustic IS TEXTURES ONLY MESHES SHOULD BE FROM SMIM.

Yes. I'm not dumb. I'm trying to point out a conflict generated by SMIM switching to the RCI meshes/Textures for candles.

Can't edit previous post now. Anyhow, if not using the RCI candle options but SMIM as-is with the rustic candle_01 texture you end up with https://i.imgur.com/kYYFdTh.png happening in various places where SMIM will expect the RCI texture. I think it may be worth jumping wholesale on the RCI candle replacers and disabling/removing mods that rely on the vanilla UV layout/texture layout for candles.

Yes. I'm not dumb. I'm trying to point out a conflict generated by SMIM switching to the RCI meshes/Textures for candles.

OK I have looked at various lanterns in various places all over the game and cannot see the problem you describe my end so until I do I am dropping this. For the record I wasn't calling you dumb I am just a bit tired and ratty and With that I am out of here.

Ah, well, I both messaged Brumbek to see how viable reverting the change is but I was also reminded I could just edit leanwolfs meshes and point at a copy of the rustic candle textures. So I'm working on doing the latter for my setup. I can provide a zip with the end result if desired but you'd need to seek permission from leanwolf/gamwhich for redistribution.

Lordofla hi! If you are choosing to use the full assets of Ruin Clutter Improved and are having issues with the candles/Lanterns and are able to fix it great, otherwise as you have mentioned, maybe Brumbek or Raiserfx will have a solution for you. For the purposes of this guide we are only using the door, hd pots and sublime traps. The instructions here are to only install those options and hence why there isn't any conflicts with said items. As mentioned before to all of us, is that, this guide provides a base from which to work, to which we can add mods we like for personal preferences/experience...with that though, any issues outside of the scope of this guide, is for us to resolve ourselves or help from mod authors of mods used...hope all works out for you, best regards

Yes thats all well and good but you *will* have texture issues with candles with the guide as-is. That nifskope shot was using a smim lantern mesh with the rustic texture resource loaded.

What you all seem to be missing is that SMIM 2.07 is now using the ruins clutter improved candle meshes and textures. Your not using the candles option in the RCI fomod is irrelevant as a result.

My current advice is to either drop leanwolfs enchanter meshes, hide the rustic candle texture and install the full RCI candles suite *or* install the full RCI candle suite, provide a "fixed" leanwolf mesh pointing at renamed rustic candle textures and hide the default rustic candle texture.

If Brumbek decides to revert the swap in SMIM the above will not be necessary however.

Ok now I have had some sleep a I am not as Ratty I have question for you LordOfLA

Let's say you are correct and the black candle issue has nothing to do with Ruins Clutter Improved and is in fact to do with SMIM and Rustic. That would mean this issue should of been present ever since August and yet no one has mentioned it before now. Then why now I have included Ruins Clutter Improved is it presenting itself even thou we don't select any of the Candle options from the FOMOD?

another thing to test is drop Ruin Clutter improved is the issue still there?

A couple of minor points in the Merge Plugins section, if I may.

First of all, I'm assuming that the copy/paste of the Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp and the interface folder are to address the errors thrown out in Merge Plugins for the eff patch.

Secondly, with regards to the Aetherial Crown mod, which also throws up an error, how do I resolve this?

I've been doing further testing. With the guide as-is you will see the issue with anywhere that uses imperial candles with smim alone. If you use the full RCI suite some shuffling around will be needed. Either way you're going to have texture issues with candles.

It's not that hard to fire up nifskope through MO, find some smim meshes related to candles that are not overridden by other mods (as far as I can tell ELFX doesn't touch any, mindflux meshes don't either - but do override the full rci suite, however vivid landscapes touches a bunch) and view them to see what I'm talking about. I anticipated that I might run into issues as soon as I saw the changelog entry for SMIM 2.06.

You guys are providing a curated guide that people are trusting for either their entire setup or part of it. You should be paying attention to changelogs and checking for mesh/texture conflicts when adding, removing or updating mods. Few users are willing to take the time to learn to find and fix conflicts with Tes5Edit (many believing its merged patch is a 1-click fix), many fail to understand the reasoning behind a bashed patch. Do you really think people are going to think they need to check for mesh/texture conflicts given the fact that this guide has copied over the instructions from Neovalen and Paul666root for textures/meshes to delete/not install? They're not, they're going to think you did that already and found no problems. Then when they *do* encounter issues they'll either be worried they did something wrong themselves or be met with the response I have. I'm trying to help people avoid the former here, I didn't expect the latter.

Second edit: The reason I've not brought this up before now is that I only decided to rebuild my load order 2 weeks ago after an extended break from Skyrim. I'm still tweaking and testing things. I'd have run in to the candle issue whether I used any of the SRLE based guides due to the SMIM change.

Edited by LordOfLA