SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Okay, just read through the conflict resolution section in the FNVEdit guide.  Is it just me or does this seem super straight forward to do? Not sure what I was so worried about! Thanks for the link to the guide!  Looking forward to resolving any conflicts this evening.

CR is not difficult if you keep a couple of things in mind. 1) Remember what records you're changing and use common sense on what should win. As an example is ELFX sets a light to be of a certain color and intensity and an armor mod then changes it later on for some reason, you probably want ELFX to win that. 2) Take your time and look at every record. Yeah I know it's a long process, but you'll get better results in the long run.

Okay, thanks! That is a LOT of profiles... But a good idea for the workflow. At first, I couldn't build a merge because I had loaded more esps than the limit allowed.

The guide overs a great workflow. Each step is laid out clearly. You don't have to know a lot about all the tools, everything you need is in there. But in the Merge Plugins Standalone section, this changes. It's more of a list of resources: "Here, read this. And this. And this. Then think about what you learned and develop your own approach to merging." It feels to me like a change in the guide's learning curve, especially if you haven't worked with Merge Plugins before.

Never load all the esps for a merge. When the list pops up in Merge Plugins. Click on it and deselelct all of them. Then select JUST the ones you want to merge. Any needed masters will show up red on the list, check them as well. You'll know you got them all when the OK button becomes active. 

No need to load them all at once.

Just came to this part of the merging. In the description, you state that I should make sure "files are not being copied into new merge." What do you exactly mean by that? How? All the files from the mod are in the merge (DSAMG is being overwritten except for the esps) and DSAMG is loaded before the merge if I follow the guide's order.

Exactly what it says. In some versions of the Merge Plugins tool there was an issue with all the files being copied into merges, which is why we left that mod actually checked in the left pane. If it's not happening and all the files copy for you, perfect, problem solved. Feel free to uncheck the mod in the left pane as per the other merges.

The suggestion's left there for the people who do still get the issue, though.

Never load all the esps for a merge. When the list pops up in Merge Plugins. Click on it and deselelct all of them. Then select JUST the ones you want to merge. Any needed masters will show up red on the list, check them as well. You'll know you got them all when the OK button becomes active. 

No need to load them all at once.

Figured that out as well ;) I just mentioned one of my initial issues to point out some things a less experienced person might stumble over. The merge section has a few areas where the wording is unclear and specific information is assumed to be common knowledge. The rest of the guide is almost perfect in giving all the necessary information exactly when you need it.

Exactly what it says. In some versions of the Merge Plugins tool there was an issue with all the files being copied into merges, which is why we left that mod actually checked in the left pane. If it's not happening and all the files copy for you, perfect, problem solved. Feel free to uncheck the mod in the left pane as per the other merges.

The suggestion's left there for the people who do still get the issue, though.

Ah, now I understand what you mean :) I thought you mean that the files do not merge properly, so any files being merged except for the esps might be corrupted. Not that if the files are copied, they work as intended and I should leave DSAMG active just in case some files were not copied over at all.

OK I have added a new introduction section on the Merge Plugins page I have also clarified why best to keep 【DSAMG】Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious active post merge. Hopefully it all make better sense now (it does in my head at least but that means nothing).

Edited by DarkladyLexy
  • +1 1

Wow, that was quick :)

I just started running DynDOLOD and got a Duplicate FormID error. Deactivating the bashed patch seems to have fixed the issue (DynDOLOD still running, but got past the point that caused the error earlier). Should the bashed patch ever be part of the DynDOLOD generation? Any issues I should be aware of?

Wow, that was quick :)

I just started running DynDOLOD and got a Duplicate FormID error. Deactivating the bashed patch seems to have fixed the issue (DynDOLOD still running, but got past the point that caused the error earlier). Should the bashed patch ever be part of the DynDOLOD generation? Any issues I should be aware of?

Sheson's Advice is if the bash patch causing a error to deactivate it. I have not had the error but i would always listen to the master.

Playing with updates as of yesterday, and looks great.  Couple things so far...

1)  I have a pretty beefy system (see my autosig), but I'm getting horrible lag sporadically and in specific places...like Whiterun by the well and Gildergreen, out in the world, usually not indoors.  About 80% of the time I'm running great at 60 FPS, then sporadically dips and I get a ton of stutter and/or lag (down to under 20 FPS).  Before I go tearing apart my setup, are there a few things I should try. or places I should look at?

- Tried using Vsync on both GPU and ENB

- Turning off ENB helps just a little bit, but still a lot of stutter

- Tried from 128-512 ReservedMemorySizeMb

2)  Jorvasker rugs look horribly out of place, very low res.  Really should let Rugnorok override Designs of the Nords...(I'm taking out DoN completely moving forward, just not my taste)

Playing with updates as of yesterday, and looks great.  Couple things so far...

1)  I have a pretty beefy system (see my autosig), but I'm getting horrible lag sporadically and in specific places...like Whiterun by the well and Gildergreen, out in the world, usually not indoors.  About 80% of the time I'm running great at 60 FPS, then sporadically dips and I get a ton of stutter and/or lag (down to under 20 FPS).  Before I go tearing apart my setup, are there a few things I should try. or places I should look at?

- Tried using Vsync on both GPU and ENB

- Turning off ENB helps just a little bit, but still a lot of stutter

- Tried from 128-512 ReservedMemorySizeMb

2)  Jorvasker rugs look horribly out of place, very low res.  Really should let Rugnorok override Designs of the Nords...(I'm taking out DoN completely moving forward, just not my taste)

1. Do happen to be on Windows 10 cos around the Gildergreen is one of those place where VRAM might go above 4GB's and will cause lag.

2. Rugnorok does override Designs of the Nords.

I just tried to start up a clean safe after leaving the cave at Helgen with the new setup and got a crash while Skyrim was setting up FootIK. According to Crash Fixes, it comes from too many animations being loaded. Any suggestions?

Edit: I found some claims that Load Game CTD Fix helps with the crash. But as far as I understand it, this mod has nothing to do with animations, does it?

Edited by SionEnglaid

I just tried to start up a clean safe after leaving the cave at Helgen with the new setup and got a crash while Skyrim was setting up FootIK. According to Crash Fixes, it comes from too many animations being loaded. Any suggestions?

only thing I can recommend is restarting I have heard of this issue but I have not had it yet in my game. true I have not played in 3 months but I will be starting a new game sometime next week once I am done with my latest tinkering.

1. Do happen to be on Windows 10 cos around the Gildergreen is one of those place where VRAM might go above 4GB's and will cause lag.

2. Rugnorok does override Designs of the Nords.

Yup...win 10.  So maybe I need to dial down to 1080 res.  Cant wait for the MO/Win 10 update fix  ::P:

Under Ragnorok install you have the below.  This is the texture that Jorvasker rugs use as well...sorry, could have mentioned that before.

Special Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

• textures\architecture\whiterun\wrchbanner01.dds (Design of the Nords is Better)
  • textures\architecture\whiterun\wrchbanner01_n.dds (Design of the Nords is Better)
Edited by Gutmaw

Yup...win 10.  So maybe I need to dial down to 1080 res.  Cant wait for the MO/Win 10 update fix  ::P:

Under Ragnorok install you have the below.  This is the texture that Jorvasker rugs use as well...sorry, could have mentioned that before.

Special Installation: Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

• textures\architecture\whiterun\wrchbanner01.dds (Design of the Nords is Better)
  • textures\architecture\whiterun\wrchbanner01_n.dds (Design of the Nords is Better)

oh right i will look at that cos i think that is also the same texture for the Whiterun banners if so then I am afraid we'll to stick with a low res rug in Jorvasker that will have to wait until tomorrow now.

Edit: You are correct Gutmaw I am wrong those textures have nothing to do with Whiterun banners I'll remove that instruction.

This is my last comms for tonight as always have fun.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Hi, I've been installing some of the STEP guides (STEP: REGS) this week and they have been working well, thanks for the great guides. So I started installing SRLE Extended: Legacy of the Dragonborn, so far so good. I've got to the Enhanced Lights and Effects part where you do the editing of "0403D42F <FarmInteriorLight01>", I don't understand the line;

"4.Enter xx1670C3 into the box (xx refers to the same number as EnhancedLightsandFX.esp replace the xx part with these 2 number)."

Do I change the first two digits to be the same as the "<FarmInteriorLight01>" records (there's two) in EnhancedLightsandFX.esp or something else?

Thank you