SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Now that you guys are including TMB Vanilla Armors as the go to female armor replacer should users skip installing Female Blades Light Armor by esmm40 since a version is already included in the TMB installer?

I have just double checked this and you do need both TMB is for generic found or given armour but the Female Blades Light Armour lets you make it just as i thought it would.

you know me so well but this is it one last full pass through then I am handing over the reins.

Nozzer is effectively already in charge and looking after things I am just doing an idiots check while he is busy trying sort out the CR.

you know i can't believe you 

He better stop tweaking his guide soon otherwise he will be in big trouble :^_^:

Is there a change log I can view for the changes made almost every day? I get farther and farther into the guide and when there is edit I look back over everything and it is very time consuming. I would love to see what the change is and make the small edits or new updates/downloads then continue where i left off in the guide. Thank you all!

On another note how come Skeleton, Draugr and Dragon Priest re-textures are in the Vanilla Item re-textures section (47) and not alongside the other vanilla creature re-textures section (33)?

Do we not use the Falmer re-texture from Kajuan?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66770/?

Edit: On the Ancient Dwemer Metal mod, instructions say to delete the MO meta.ini (What is the point? This is the only mod that requests to delete it in the whole guide) (Once you delete it, it just comes back)

Edited by D1Z4STR

Cause they do more than just the creatures. They do other clutter too. Skeleton for example does clutter human bones as well.

He better stop tweaking his guide soon otherwise he will be in big trouble :^_^:

Hey Darth, I suggest you strap on the athletic Cup. Your better half might come looking for you with a rusty spoon...  :woot:

Is there a change log I can view for the changes made almost every day? I get farther and farther into the guide and when there is edit I look back over everything and it is very time consuming. I would love to see what the change is and make the small edits or new updates/downloads then continue where i left off in the guide. Thank you all!

there is a changelog but because it quite a pain to up date and all these changes i am doing are small mostly spelling, colour or Fomod code clean up changes so it not worth the hassle. but here it is https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn/Changelog_SRLE_LOTD

You can also use the history page https://wiki.step-project.com/index.php?title=User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn&action=history just select the range of edits you wish to view and will display all the edits within that range.

On another note how come Skeleton, Draugr and Dragon Priest re-textures are in the Vanilla Item re-textures section (47) and not alongside the other vanilla creature re-textures section (33)?

Do we not use the Falmer re-texture from Kajuan?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66770/?

Edit: On the Ancient Dwemer Metal mod, instructions say to delete the MO meta.ini (What is the point? This is the only mod that requests to delete it in the whole guide) (Once you delete it, it just comes back)

no I prefer the Falmer textures from Amidianborn book of Silence over Kajuan's, good point about the Ancient Dwemer Metal mod i was in full flow and yes it pointless I'll remove that instruction.

as for the reason why Skeleton, Draugr and Dragon Priest re-textures are in the Vanilla Item re-textures section it cos they need to overwrite Amidianborn Book of Silence otherwise they will be fully redundant.

Cause they do more than just the creatures. They do other clutter too. Skeleton for example does clutter human bones as well.

Hey Darth, I suggest you strap on the athletic Cup. Your better half might come looking for you with a rusty spoon...  :woot:

yes she is not a happy bunny cos i am again in tweak mode but we have kissed and made up. I am taken her out for a nice romantic diner tonight.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Hello everyone.  Days and days later I am still configuring and stripping down this guide to run on my podunk potato Radeon 6800 with 1GB VRAM.  (Yes, it seems possible... with a lot of work).  Takes a fine tooth comb, let me tell you, although this and the original guide have helped me learn a lot about modding.  Anyway, another report that I had a question about:

the guide currently lists to install 25.22 - Retexture for Soup - 1.4 - by quilb

but also 25.27 - Rustic Cooking Station - 1.1 - by Gamwich

Since I have to take a closer look at all of these anyway and get their low-res low-mes versions for my computer, I noticed that Gamwich's mod also replaces all "stews" - which sounds a lot like me as the exact same thing as the soup replacer.  Am I wrong?  Are bowls of "soups" and bowls of "stews" different objects in the game or is the soup mod redundant with the Gamwich one?  (I am not installing it anyway, I am just asking)

EDIT: ah another more important question: do you need OneTweak if you do the borderless window thing in ENBBoost instead? ([WINDOW] ForceBorderless=True, ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true in the ENBBoost ini - obviously not using any other ENB than Boost for VRAM fixing)

cheers and good work so far :)

Edited by Enkida

Hello everyone.  Days and days later I am still configuring and stripping down this guide to run on my podunk potato Radeon 6800 with 1GB VRAM.  (Yes, it seems possible... with a lot of work).  Takes a fine tooth comb, let me tell you, although this and the original guide have helped me learn a lot about modding.  Anyway, another report that I had a question about:

the guide currently lists to install 25.22 - Retexture for Soup - 1.4 - by quilb

but also 25.27 - Rustic Cooking Station - 1.1 - by Gamwich

Since I have to take a closer look at all of these anyway and get their low-res low-mes versions for my computer, I noticed that Gamwich's mod also replaces all "stews" - which sounds a lot like me as the exact same thing as the soup replacer.  Am I wrong?  Are bowls of "soups" and bowls of "stews" different objects in the game or is the soup mod redundant with the Gamwich one?  (I am not installing it anyway, I am just asking)

EDIT: ah another more important question: do you need OneTweak if you do the borderless window thing in ENBBoost instead? ([WINDOW] ForceBorderless=True, ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true in the ENBBoost ini)

cheers and good work so far :)

1GB that's tiny you are really going to struggle but good luck to you. As for your question no Gamwich Rustic cooking and retexture soup do not overwrite each other thus both are needed.

I have tried force borderless windows through the ENB but it didn't work that well for me if it remember couldn't alt out with one tweak you can. I have always preferred oneTweak

Edited by Darth_mathias

1)

EDIT: ah another more important question: do you need OneTweak if you do the borderless window thing in ENBBoost instead? ([WINDOW] ForceBorderless=True, ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true in the ENBBoost ini - obviously not using any other ENB than Boost for VRAM fixing)

In my experience, OneTweak makes Borderless Window mode more stable even when you force it with ENB.

For me Skyrim would be very prone to crash when alt+tabbing out or whenever another window would pop up over skyrim (like getting a call on skype) before I used OneTweak.

2) I suggest you add this ini-edit to the guide's prerequisite page, removed 99% of all microstutters for me (especially in dialogues).

I hear this edit can increase load times, didn't notice personally as I have an SSD.

[backgroundLoad]
bBackgroundLoadLipFiles=1

3) I have encountered a weird bug with Frostfall's Walking Stick being permanently glued to my char's left hand.

Unequipping, droping, equipping other shields or two-handed weapons doesn't help, the stick just stays in my hand and clips through everything else.

Only thing that helps is loading a previous save.

By trial and error I found out this seems to happen after Bathing in Skyrim's bathing sequence, when the script gets you naked and things are re-equipped at the end.

Is this known? Could someone please try to reproduce this?

Edited by eimerian

1GB that's tiny you are really going to struggle but good luck to you. As for your question no Gamwich Rustic cooking and retexture soup do not overwrite each other thus both are needed.

I have tried force borderless windows through the ENB but it didn't work that well for me if it remember couldn't alt out with one tweak you can. I have always preferred oneTweak

Thanks!  Actually I get CTDs in the vanilla game if I DON'T follow some kind of guide, so choosing the low res performance textures and meshes of things while cutting out the heavy scripting add-ins actually improves the performance of my game to make it playable.  I struggled doing this on my own, this guide is really helpful just as a "which goes first" kind of guideline.

... plus I want to try out Falskaar and LotDB ::D:

1)

In my experience, OneTweak makes Borderless Window mode more stable even when you force it with ENB.

For me Skyrim would be very prone to crash when alt+tabbing out or whenever another window would pop up over skyrim (like getting a call on skype) before I used OneTweak.

2) I suggest you add this ini-edit to the guide's prerequisite page, removed 99% of all microstutters for me (especially in dialogues).

I hear this edit can increase load times, didn't notice personally as I have an SSD.

[backgroundLoad]

bBackgroundLoadLipFiles=1

Thank you for the clear explanation, I will try doing both!

I have another question:  is the Falskaar Wildlfe add-on bundled into any of the later animal mods (like skyTEST), or would I need to still add that one in manually on my own?  I've been looking through in the mod descriptions and it looks like it's not, but I just want to be sure.  For the record, the Falskaar Wildlife add-on just creates new spawning points for passive animals and predators in Falskaar using vanilla leveled lists.  I don't THINK adding it will break anything in this guide, but if it would, can someone let me know?

Thanks!  Actually I get CTDs in the vanilla game if I DON'T follow some kind of guide, so choosing the low res performance textures and meshes of things while cutting out the heavy scripting add-ins actually improves the performance of my game to make it playable.  I struggled doing this on my own, this guide is really helpful just as a "which goes first" kind of guideline.

... plus I want to try out Falskaar and LotDB ::D:

Thank you for the clear explanation, I will try doing both!

I have another question:  is the Falskaar Wildlfe add-on bundled into any of the later animal mods (like skyTEST), or would I need to still add that one in manually on my own?  I've been looking through in the mod descriptions and it looks like it's not, but I just want to be sure.  For the record, the Falskaar Wildlife add-on just creates new spawning points for passive animals and predators in Falskaar using vanilla leveled lists.  I don't THINK adding it will break anything in this guide, but if it would, can someone let me know?

mmm never tried Falskaar Wildlife add on so not sure we will need to take a look Nozzer suggest you add to your test list.

At this rate I'll be testing half of Nexus. :woot:

All good though, added to test list

:rofl: I almost feel like I have. Over the past couple of years I've modded Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. I never delete a mod I've downloaded, so I'm fortunate to have a 4T drive to store the archives on. Nowadays, with a few of our favorites dropping out, I'm glad I do save them. 

BTW, modding Morroblivion is a blast. I have a guide I need to update on the TES Renewal site. I have learned alot from this team. I will be implementing much of this in my guide there when I do get around to updating it.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Nozzer a small question if i may. Ya i know you are very busy but have you thought of what mods you may introduce into the SRLE EXt build?. I ask in that i would like to try Claralux with or without ELFX. I have always been generally happy with ELFX but find dungeons and caves rather dark, and as a bow is my weapon of choice, carrying a touch or lamp a bit impractical..get around this by using Henry's ring of light. If you do intend to use this mod i will wait until then, if not i'll try Paul's and JD's guide to implement it into my game. Again thank you for all the hard work...cheers mate

Berndaroy...PS Arthmoors released another village mod..Dragon Bridge if we are using all his village expantions

Edited by berndaroy