SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I think that this is an extension of SRLE so we should keep RS Children. If you are going to start getting off track to much you might as well Start this guide from scratch and forget SRLE.

I can understand your sentiment... if we were ditching like 50% of SRLE but you can see almost every mod is still in the guide.  Just because we're an SRLE extension doesn't mean we should be beholden to the exact most list.  Just my opinion I guess.

I think the poll results speak for themselves :P

I think things that require alot of effort should provide alot of benefit... RS Children requires alot of compatibility patches and potential troubleshooting for something that's a miniscule part of the game...  Rustic Children is a simple texture replacer that looks good enough and provides none of the headache.  Small feature; simple solution.

Ditto.

I prefer RSChildren.  IMO, the point of this guide is to make Skyrim look great, and RSC looks much better to me.  Also, given that people need to do an SRLE build before adding this onto it, I think the 'simplicity' argument favors keeping RSC.  I can guarantee that if you took it out, lots of people would be adding it back in on their own.   Perhaps you could do much the same as you're doing for all the other beautiful NPCs - present the base install and then a variation?

Edited by GalenZ

If you ask me, you guys need to form like Voltron, pull some strings and put together some ultimate Skyrim Child Overhaul + Everybody's Different epic NPC overhaul - completely ironing the kinks out of both mods in the process.  Will probably only be a little work, right... lol.  Oh and while you're at it, lets get a Skyrim equivalent of the brilliant FO4 mod 'Lots More Hairstyles' - we'll say, re-worked every vanilla hair mesh + texture to stay true to concept but in the highest possible fidelity, and then mix and match styles to create a real volume of choices, including facial hair, all in a consistent style.  Then apply those hairstyles to your new diverse Skyrim npcs.

If you can't tell, this is my personal wish list, not actual requests.  One can only hope.

If you ask me, you guys need to form like Voltron, pull some strings and put together some ultimate Skyrim Child Overhaul + Everybody's Different epic NPC overhaul - completely ironing the kinks out of both mods in the process.  Will probably only be a little work, right... lol.  Oh and while you're at it, lets get a Skyrim equivalent of the brilliant FO4 mod 'Lots More Hairstyles' - we'll say, re-worked every vanilla hair mesh + texture to stay true to concept but in the highest possible fidelity, and then mix and match styles to create a real volume of choices, including facial hair, all in a consistent style.  Then apply those hairstyles to your new diverse Skyrim npcs.

If you can't tell, this is my personal wish list, not actual requests.  One can only hope.

Actually, the NPC makeovers pulled together in this build get pretty close to that already, IMO.  I was trying to mix and merge the same sort of thing earlier this year (before being distracted by FO4) and was delighted to comone back to Skyrim and find that it had already been done for me!

The trouble is, there can never be 'the One' overhaul for anything, because there is a constant tension between 'making it look great' and 'making it able to run on most people's systems'.  And, of course, people's tastes differ, especially on things like NPC appearances.  I think the best we can hope to do is present modular alternatives that meet different goals - e.g. the quick-and-easy NPC overhaul, vs all the Bijin pretties.  And kudos to the creators of this guide, because I think they're doing a wonderful job at that!

Hmm, why would it be less frustrating? As far as user is concerned it's just shift-click the list of RS folders in the left pane... press delete.. click ok.  gg, guide step completed?

The frustration lies in them just spending 30 minutes setting up RS to then be asked to turn around and remove it. Like I said I like them both. I am just trying to look through the eyes of someone slogging through the guide for the first time.

Version: UltimateV2 Nightmare Version

Swore I saw the other day it was Normal version? ::D: Go Nightmare or go home? lol Looking for the ultimate challenge or does Nightmare flow with the guide as a whole?

Nightmare version have the resistance and immunity feature for the enemies from different weapons. Before we use BYS to do this but now AAE nightmare have its own and which I think it is better. The normal version doesn't have this feature.

The frustration lies in them just spending 30 minutes setting up RS to then be asked to turn around and remove it. Like I said I like them both. I am just trying to look through the eyes of someone slogging through the guide for the first time.

Ah, I see your point.  When I installed I checked integration guide to see what was being deleted and didn't add those mods.  I can see that it'd be frustrating for a user that didn't know to do that.