SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

In game open your console, click a fence close to that fence... Search for the displayed form id in xedit with all plugins open.  It won't get you the exact fence in question but it should be a record close to it... hopefully? 

Alternatively launch vanila skyrim and click the ACTUAL fence to get it's form id.. then switch back to srle lotd profile and look up the exact form...

The second approach may not work if the fence is being replaced by a totally different record from spice of life... not sure?

Edited by jdsmith2816

@ jdsmith - yeah that's essentially what I'm trying to achieve on my end, I'm just much less ambitious than you guys I guess.  My philosophy is usually one of 'less is more' ... Keeping in mind that my MO profile is 450 mods... Still, I don't use NPC retextures, UNPB, city mods, a couple of the quests, or most of the weapons and armor.  Even the new landscape, while excellent, is just too much work for me.  Plus - and I really hope I'm not offending anyone that worked on it, that is not my intention - I find the actual effect in game to be a bit visually discordant - some of the added trees meshes/textures just are not up to par with EVT, and even the actual placement of the some of the trees I find a bit awkward.  Again, don't get me wrong - I enjoy the diversity it adds, and some of the trees are quite beautiful and fit perfectly into their surroundings.  I'm also aware its a work in progress with a further landscape overhaul coming (if I understand correctly).  I am still in love with the combo of EVT + EL, and really only want for a little tree diversity in there, but again would only really by psyched about said trees if they were made/edited by somerandomguy.

I really want, just like you're saying - my game to have a consistent look and feel, as well as a consistent gameplay dynamic (and essentially I like that on the hardcore/rpg/survival side of things) ... I want it to be Skyrim, just fleshed out.  The more you add, the larger and more complicated the project of balancing it all is.  Still, you folks are clearly resourceful when it comes to this stuff so I'm sure that if others are desiring that level of balance it will get done.

Edited by baronaatista

I'd like to agree with everyone talking about balance, although I think the problem can be solved mostly with MCM settings. I found that with Scarcity set as high as it was, I would more often than not get no loot at all. Not fun. The MIL settings were also too aggressive for my tastes. So I've scaled Scarcity back to 6x for loot instead of 8x, and for MIS I've gone to 25% chance for both stashes and loot, with 4 possible stashes and 4 possible items. This usually puts at least one MIL item in each stash, making things more interesting, which is the point.

To combat this increase in loot from the base guide, I'm playing around with adjusted Trade and Barter settings. I'll definitely do a Buy Price adjustment, probably along the lines of -20%, maybe -40%. This way the sell prices will be unchanged (I think they're pretty good at the moment) but I'll get less per item at merchants.

So, this will add back some more items to the game while reducing the amount I can sell them for. Think it's a pretty good compromise.

Oh, this also means I don't get a single fate card as my only reward anymore. That's been rather annoying actually, nothing in a whole dungeon except a single fate card? Definitely immersion breaking. Either way, that's how I'm working on balance myself.

@ jdsmith - yeah that's essentially what I'm trying to achieve on my end, I'm just much less ambitious than you guys I guess.  My philosophy is usually one of 'less is more' ... Keeping in mind that my MO profile is 450 mods... Still, I don't use NPC retextures, UNPB, city mods, a couple of the quests, or most of the weapons and armor.  Even the new landscape, while excellent, is just too much work for me.  Plus - and I really hope I'm not offending anyone that worked on it, that is not my intention - I find the actual effect in game to be a bit visually discordant - some of the added trees meshes/textures just are not up to par with EVT, and even the actual placement of the some of the trees I find a bit awkward.  Again, don't get me wrong - I enjoy the diversity it adds, and some of the trees are quite beautiful and fit perfectly into their surroundings.  I'm also aware its a work in progress with a further landscape overhaul coming (if I understand correctly).

I really want, just like you're saying - my game to have a consistent look and feel, as well as a consistent gameplay dynamic (and essentially I like that on the hardcore/rpg/survival side of things) ... I want it to be Skyrim, just fleshed out.  The more you add, the larger and more complicated the project of balancing it all is.  Still, you folks are clearly resourceful when it comes to this stuff so I'm sure that if others are desiring that level of balance it will get done.

Regarding landscape:  Yes, we're still actively working on that and hopefully will arrive at a good solution soon.  

Regarding overall balancing: Yeah, I think we're on the same page.  This guide is awesome but I think if we slim in a few places and add a few custom patches to tuck things together neatly we'll arrive at something amazing.  It's just going to take some time to work out.

In game open your console, click a fence close to that fence... Search for the displayed form id in xedit with all plugins open. It won't get you the exact fence in question but it should be a record close to it... hopefully?

Alternatively launch vanila skyrim and click the ACTUAL fence to get it's form id.. then switch back to srle lotd profile and look up the exact form...

The second approach may not work if the fence is being replaced by a totally different record from spice of life... not sure?

Maybe I'll start from spice of life. It is weird because I don't even noticed first time that the fences are missing.