SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Never understood why blacksmith forge/horse trough water fix mods weren't incorporated into STEP/SRLE/Extended.  I was never able to set it up properly in the past due to my refusal to learn things or pay attention to details, but now that I've got it working it seems a prime candidate for 'fixes' in all of these guides to me.  This does make me think that there is a reason I may be unaware of?

I recently added SOT Sleeping Encounters - can't shake the feeling that I've heard warnings about SOT mods in the past?  The features of this one sounded too cool to at least give it a shot though.  Haven't played with it too much, but you can set the likelihood of being attacked in various areas, and disable certain places (No attacks in Jorrvaskr/Inns for me).  I keep the settings low cause I don't want it to be a bother, but I really enjoy things like this that can make for some unpredictable moments.

You should try out their standalone Genesis mod... and the Watch Towers reborn mod that also utilizes Genesis.

Never understood why blacksmith forge/horse trough water fix mods weren't incorporated into STEP/SRLE/Extended.  I was never able to set it up properly in the past due to my refusal to learn things or pay attention to details, but now that I've got it working it seems a prime candidate for 'fixes' in all of these guides to me.  This does make me think that there is a reason I may be unaware of?

I recently added SOT Sleeping Encounters - can't shake the feeling that I've heard warnings about SOT mods in the past?  The features of this one sounded too cool to at least give it a shot though.  Haven't played with it too much, but you can set the likelihood of being attacked in various areas, and disable certain places (No attacks in Jorrvaskr/Inns for me).  I keep the settings low cause I don't want it to be a bother, but I really enjoy things like this that can make for some unpredictable moments.

Totally agree on the ENB water in troughs fix - why wouldn't you!

Thanks for the Sleeping Encounters link, always niggled me that you always go a great nights sleep even when camping in the middle of a swamp!

Manually change the 3DNPC CCOR.esp to 3DNPC merged patches esp on the right pane of Wrye bash, and save.

Thanks for the quick response, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I've tried renaming 3DNPC CCOR.esp to 3DNPC Patches Merged.esp on the right pane of Wyre Bash, but it won't let me cause 3DNPC Patches Merged.esp already exists (even after I deactivated the esp). So I tried right clicking on  3DNPC CCOR's hexadecimal in the 'Masters' panel of the Bashed Patch.esp's right pane and clicking 'Change To', but it was blurred out. When you say right pane, this is what you're referring to, right? Is there something simple I'm missing?

Is OneTweak fps dropping ?

I just tried disabling OneTweak and enabling ForceBorderless and ForceBorderlessFullScreen in enblocal.ini.  I didn't notice an fps difference, but my menus were much more responsive.  I also had no trouble Alt-Tabbing out to Firefox and back to Skyrim.  It makes me wonder whether OneTweak is really useful.

I just tried disabling OneTweak and enabling ForceBorderless and ForceBorderlessFullScreen in enblocal.ini.  I didn't notice an fps difference, but my menus were much more responsive.  I also had no trouble Alt-Tabbing out to Firefox and back to Skyrim.  It makes me wonder whether OneTweak is really useful.

A few people I know and myself experience lower fps when in (borederless) windowed mode, plus my Adaptive vSync doesnt kick in.

Finally got around testing that first dragon fight. Wasted couple of evenings updating my LOTD setup, and figuring out why my stable installation turned into complete mess that consistently crashed in less than ten minutes of play. Seems that BethINI somehow borked my inis, since generating them again from scratch fixed the crashes.

Anyway, When I faced the first dragon I was at level 20 with an archery skill of 35, and was using a steel bow and arrows. The bow was improved to legendary status since I’ve been powerleveling my smithing (Just crafting steel arrows gives helluva lot of crafting XP with minimal easy to acquire material requirements). My gallery already had elven and orcish bows, and I could have made glass bows if I could get the materials from somewhere, but decided to keep to equipment that would not give me low skill penalties.

Even with the guards helping in the first battle I was expecting a tough fight so initially brought along Toccata, Minerva, and Sofia along for the added firepower. The end result was that the dragon killed just one guard... and then it was dead not lasting even a full minute.

Got totally the feeling that I didn’t even need to be there so repeated the fight without the followers. This time the dragon lasted 90 seconds with the guards dealing around 1/4 of the damage, a single critical hit from my bow another 1/4, and the rest of the dragon's hit points were gone with 5 additional arrows.

Rather disappointed how things turned out since that was one of the easiest dragon fights I remember ever having Vanilla Skyrim included. Considering how fragile everything is in the game currently things might be different if the dragon actually targets you instead of some random guard, but that would make the fight difficult only because the dragon will one or two shot you while you’re trying to hit it.