Archery Gameplay Overhaul (by DServant)

dreadflopp

Archery Gameplay Overhaul

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69033/?

Overhauls archery. Features:

• New animations
  • Enchanted Arrows
  • Bleeding & Persistent Arrows
  • Bow Camera & Crosshair
  • Arm Fatigue
  • Other improvements

This mod didn't have any forum page so I thought I'd make one to ask a question about it. I know this mod is endorsed by some people here, and TechAngel have mentioned it and endorsed it. My question is that whatever I try, the drawn arrow is stuck with its tip in my hand when I sneak or jump. I have tried both version of XP32 Skeleton and tried the animations used by STEP, by SRLE and without any animation mods. This bug is reported several times on its nexus page. Does anyone else experience this and have any suggestion on how to solve it?

Did you run FNIS after installing it? There is an additional checkmark that you'll have to check besides what's on the STEP directions. It's the last one on the list:

Yes, I did run FNIS and I did check the additional checkmark. Do you have vanilla animations for sneaking and jumping or are there new animations included in AGO?

OK, hopefully she/he will answer and provide a fix. I really want to use AGO but judging from comments across the web it may not be advisable to uninstall mid game which means you'll be stuck with the broken animations, if it doesn't get fixed. I have no reliable sources confirming this but better safe than sorry.

I had the bug in a new save with no race menu alterations whatsoever, but I haven't tried with vanilla Skyrim yet.

I don't have any other animations installed so mine are vanilla as a base and the bug is there. I see no reason not to uninstall it mid-game unless it's due to the scripts. The animations wouldn't matter. Just re-run FNIS and all should be well on that front.

EDIT:

The scripts could be cleaned via a script cleaner. I've used Save Game Script Cleaner with success many times. In fact, it's required to install my house mod, Jaggarsfeld Extended, in order for the fixes to work.

I use save game script cleaner to and it's been a great help since I update, add and sometimes remove mods quite a lot. The reported issue was a messed up aim if the mod is uninstalled while in 3rd person. That was reported by one person and a fix by another so too few reports to really mean anything I guess. It could be anything.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk