Help with Merging Cut Content Mods - record 00134094

Atchkizz

Question

Edit: It appears I have posted in the wrong spot. Can this be moved or should it be deleted?

I am at a complete loss for how to follow the directions for carrying out the fixes in FNVedit explained in the Merging Cut Content Mods section of the guide which goes as follows:

1. Right click the list and "Select None".
  2. Tick "YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm" and "Cut Content Merged.esp", then hold shift and click [OK].
  3. After xEdit loads, click record 00134094, then drag line BMDT - Biped Data from the YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm column, to the right, Cut Content Merged.esp column.
  4. Now do the same for line DATA - Data and DNAM -.
  5. Now expand Dialog Topic->0010E028.
  6. Click record 001205A6, and then drag line Responses->Response->NAM1 - Response Text from the YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm column to the Cut Content Merged.esp column.
  7. Repeat the exact same operation for record 001547A4.
  8. Now right click "Cut Content Merged.esp" and select "Apply Script"
  9. Choose "Generate Bash Tags" from the dropdown and click [OK]
  10. When asked to add the tags to the header, select [Yes]

I apologize for my terminology. I have not been using FNVedit for long.

First, I do not know what a record is. Some quick googling suggests it has to to with the 8 digit/letter sequences that appear when you expand an .esp or .esm and then further expand a section such as "Armor". I have combed through both the .esm and .esp from the instructions but have not found "00134094", but it is possible I have missed it. The phrasing of step 3 of the instructions suggests that there should be 2 columns open, one associated with YUP, the other with Cut Content Merged. I have no idea what to do to get this.

Can this part of the guide be ignored and should I just generate bash tags and move on?

Edited by Atchkizz

6 answers to this question

Moved to F&LNV Support.

In your screenshot, you see "BMDT - Biped Data" in the first column of the first row. You don't see this text in the same column for the other three mods because it's just a label xEdit shows in the first column indicating the record type. If I'm reading this correctly, YUP is in the third column and looks like this:

blank cell
Head, Hair, Headband, Hat, Eye, Gl...
Head
Hair
Headband
Hat
Eye Glasses
Mask
Power Armor
Power Armor

Click in the blank cell just above "Head, Hair, Headband, ..." and drag it where it needs to go. This copies the entire record and the red should turn green indicating the conflict is successfully resolved.

A record is basically the "document" containing all the information pertaining to the game element in question. That can include everything from NPCs to achievements (the in-game ones, mind you, not the Steam achievements) and hence there's a lot of different types, all sorted into the categories that you see in FNVEdit (and can expand to show "sub-records" or basically just records within the category). The 8 digit hex sequence referred to in these instructions are FormIDs, basically the "name" of the records in hex code. In the upper left corner of FNVEdit you can search by FormID, so here the easiest way of going about it is copying that from the instructions to the search field and hitting enter, then change the record that FNVEdit finds for you.

Hope that clears some things up.

Thank you! This has cleared things up quite nicely. However, I still am confused by step 3. It says "then drag line BMDT - Biped Data from the YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm". However I do not see any line in the YUP column for BMDT - Biped Data. I do see lines in what appears to be sub-directories.

Here is an image explaining what I mean. The second (red) column is YUP and the third (orange) column is Cut Content Merged

9o4b1KB.jpg

Do I just highlight the entire box ("BMDT - Biped Data" and all of its sub-directories) and drag it over?

Once again, thanks for the help.

Edited by Atchkizz

Thanks for moving the thread, Greg. You're a champ!

As Greg said the first row is just FNVEdit's labels for all the different entries in the record. Since it doesn't have a graphical interface like the GECK (mod creation kit) it has to display stuff like checkboxes in different ways. In this case it has the label for what would be checkboxes in the GECK, such as Head or Hair and the way the record says whether they're "ticked" or not is to include the same entry again. Here YUP has the checkboxes Hat and Eyeglasses "ticked" in the GECK, but the cut content does not, and as such overwrites the changes YUP makes. Hence what you want is to make the Cut Content Merged mod have the same checkboxes "ticked" and this can be achieved by dragging the entries over from YUP to the corresponding position (i.e. under the right label) in the Cut Content Merged mod.

Hello!

I have a similar problem with Merging Cut Content Mods - Record 00134094. Once i do a search for record for FormID 00134094 in FNVEdit, I see the following.

https://imgur.com/a/j5Wt2

However, I do not see the cut content mods.esp column which i believe, should be to the right of [06] YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm. Please see attached screen shots. I believe i completed all steps prior to opening FNVEdit for the Bash tags. Any help that can point me in the direction of a resolution, is greatly appreciated =).

thank you

shadowwynnd