SRLE Extended Mod Suggestions

well i'm going to keep wyrmstooth in my install don't want to lose it since it was in a final state anyway. Maybe we can use it unofficialy from now on because i think removing this from everywhere was a shitty way to go if it's true.

I am siding with yes it true since his entire online pressence has pretty vanished I going to keep it also but i need option and opinion for a different quest mod for the guide.

Edited by Darth_mathias

I am siding with yes it true since his entire online pressence has pretty vanished I going to keep it also but i need option and opinion for a different quest mod for the guide.

My opinion:

1 - Wyrmstooth was at a final stage. I mean there's no need of maintenance or updates. It's also a great quest mod.

2 - I cannot talk for others, but I believe most SRLE and SRLE/X users will continue to use Wyrmstooth. 

My solution:

Keep it (it's great) and provide manual instructions to remove from the Conflict Resolution if needed.

Outcome:

Everybody's (new and old users) happy!

Edited by afonik

You're only going to have to deal with more people being unable to find it etc if you leave it in. I say drop it completely. Jonx0r obviously wants it gone, and we should respect that.

I agree with you if it gone it's gone that why I am laying ground work and feeling people out. what could happen is Neo adds Beyond Reach to SRLE Base and i add Summerset Isle so we have both.

Edited by Darth_mathias

My opinion:

1 - Wyrmstooth was at a final stage. I mean there's no need of maintenance or updates. It's also a great quest mod.

2 - I cannot talk for others, but I believe most SRLE and SRLE/X users will continue to use Wyrmstooth. 

My solution:

Keep it (it's great) and provide manual instructions to remove from the Conflict Resolution if needed.

Outcome:

Everybody's (new and old users) happy!

Imho, a guide should provide everything needed for the user to complete it. If one of the parts is not present or can't be adquired, the guide can't be completed.

Not to mention that there will be a lot of people reporting CTD because of a missing master in the CR patch.

I think you should either provide an alternate link to download the mod (like neo did with the texture pack) or remove the mod from the guide. Users that already have wyrmstooth can always make their own patch (or you can publish an alternative patch for those who have wyrmstooth)

But honestly, if the author just erased himself from the internet and his mod with him, I think we should respect his decision.

think there are some conflict that i will need to deal with in the CR cant remember i'm going to download it and give the once over again.

I think it has issues with the textures. I believe it contains vanilla textures that shouldn't be there. Placing it first in the install order should solve that.

I think it has issues with the textures. I believe it contains vanilla textures that shouldn't be there. Placing it first in the install order should solve that.

I am currently thinking best placemnet is after Molag Bal's Inferno and before Moonpath to Elsweyr.

Overwrites Dyndolod, USLEEP, and Base game in that postion.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Re- Summerset Isle; IIRC it requires you complete the Mage's Guild plotline/be the Archmage, so perhaps best as an optional for certain characters.

I have it in a separate profile installed between Falskaar & Wyrmstooth (with FS & WT installed similar to SRLE wiki) where it is overidden by Better Males, DynDOLOD, Immersive College of Winterhall, Mature Skin, Moonpath to Elsweyr, Shezrie's Old Hroldan, Skyrim Flora Overhaul, Skyrim HD, The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal & "" Flora Overhaul, Vivid Landscapes (according to MO's conflict tab 225 files). 

tl/dr:

Probably best to follow Nearox's instructions & load it early so it's overwritten.

I was Beyond Reach curious, but before digging into SRLE: Extended & now Dread's modular patches I was unable to launch with it + "everything else". IIRC it conflicts/overwrites a lot, so probably needs installed early. It would certainly be an interesting addition, and conflict resolution/install instructions would certainly benefit the community.

so far I am leaning more towards beyond reach then Summerset isle as everyone can go there but there one major issue with it when it come to extended (and I am not surprised) it is incompatible with warburgs 3d paper map so that would have to go if beyond reach is included it also looks like it would be best to load ESF:Companions after Beyond reach in the LO. Install order just before Falskaar, I also know DynDolod has a patch in it's archive for it .

Edited by Darth_mathias