Crafting issue

Tomack13

Question

We HAD the first profile running great.  Just started a new profile.  Copied the STEP CORE and renamed it.  Added a couple new mods and un-ticked a couple mods from first profile.  Nothing major.  In game I am not seeing items at the forge that are being added by mods.  These are the same mods from the first profile.  I have changed nothing with mods that should have affected forging.  Yes I did look in Mod Configuration and MCM to make sure they were turned on and everything looks fine. I went back to the first profile to see if anything had changed there.  Oh MY!  all of the human characters are frozen like mannequins.  I can move my character but it moves frozen like a toy airplanes.  Everyone else is frozen in time as I said like mannequins.  The black unicorn seems to be fine.  I'm Happy for him.  Ha Ha.  How do I approach this one?  Any suggestions? PLEASE

6 answers to this question

I had started with a new install of everything, Steam, Skyrim, mod downloads and STEP though Mod Organizer.  All saves had been deleted so I do not think that was an issue.  Sorry I should have mentioned that. 

Per Grant's instructions I ran FNIS and LOOT on the first set up and it appears to be running normally now.  Thanks Grant.  I was wrong.  I thought that if I had made no changes to the first profile that the first profile would not read any changes when starting a new profile.  Am I right in now saying that one needs to re-run FNIS on all of the profiles after changing another profile or creating a new profile? 

Back to the issue with the missing components at the forge in the second profile.  I re-ran FNIS and LOOT on the second profile but the items from the weapons, clothing and armor mods still do not show up in game at the forge.  Again I have made sure that the settings are dealt with in Configuration and MCM but they still do not show up at the forge.

Edited by Tomack13

When you run a patcher or a generator (like GenerateFNISForUsers, a Bashed Patch, and possibly DynDOLOD) in two or more profiles, the names of the generated mods must be unique for each profile.

Let's say you have a STEP Core profile and you create the bashed patch. Right click Overwrite, click Create Mod, and name the mod something like STEP Core Bashed Patch. For FNIS, name the mod something like FNIS STEP Core Output.

If you copy this profile to a new profile and add new mods, unchecked STEP Core Bashed Bash in the second profile because this patch is specific to the first profile. Now run Wrye Bash to create the bashed patch, right click overwrite, click Create Mod, and name this one something like STEP Core Enhanced Bashed Patch. Also uncheck FNIS STEP Core Output, run GenerateFNISForUsers, right click Overwrite, click Create Mod, and name this mod something like FNIS STEP Core Enhanced Output.

Note that the names of the mods aren't really important -- just name them something that makes sense to you so you can easily identity which generated mods belong to each profile.

DAH!  I knew that.  I still have a problem convincing myself that those overwrite mods are to be treated as real mods.  Thanks for re-teaching AGAIN. 

As far as the crafting issue.  It is solved.  I made another beginners error.  Thanks for the help.