removing a mod from tes5edit merged patch?

axel4340

Question

just wondering how to do this without rebuilding the whole patch from scratch, since that takes hours.  i've found that it included a mod that i need to remove and can't figure out how to remove all the changed so it stops requiring it as a master. 

3 answers to this question

oh, i think i worked out how to fix my issue.  clicked my merged patch, went to apply script/list records referencing specific plugin and pointed it at the plugin i needed to remove.  it spat out two records that needed to be removed, so i removed them from the merge patch and then went to the header and hit the clear master button.  seems to have removed the two records (a change to an outfit name and i think some added item to a chest in solitude) and has also removed the merged armor plugin as a master.

Merged patch or merged plugin?

Merged patches shouldn't take hours to build unless you're using Mator Smash, which is different (and please specify that).

Removing a mod from a patch would be very hard, a manual job and difficult to reverse.  You'd basically have to look at every reference to the mod you're trying to remove in the context of all overrides of the record it exists on, and then revert it to the correct winning reference (aka manual conflict resolution).  Not fun, and certainly time-consuming.

merged patch, the one you build with the 'create merged patch' button.

reason it takes so long is because i'm just generally bad at tes5edit and while i'm sure theres a quicker way then going through every conflicting record to fix npc looks and stats, or carrying over effects from revenge of the enemy to npc also modified by OBIS, i just don't know a way to do it short of carrying over everything i want manually.  means i have to go through each npc record and do it by hand.

in this instance i've got a reference to an outfit from a merged armor plugin that i stupidly allowed into the TES5Merged.esp.  i've tried removing the reference from the tes5merged.esp but the merged armor plugin still lists as a master.