Game crashing frequently, noticeably after using doors and fast travel

thebrazilian

Question

Hi, I tried to follow EssArrBee's guide rigorously, but as I'm suffering from constant crashes (for example, screen freezing upon fast travel with radio still going) I assume something critical is missing on my setup, although I'm failing to see what.

The problem was indeed worse (the game crashed regularly within minutes even when just walking the wasteland, after applying ENB the crashes reduced, but nonetheless are too frequent and immersion breaking). I use a couple of things not listed in the guide: FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting intead of Nevada Skies (my FPS is undesirable even though I have a GTX 770 4GB and an i5 4670k), OneTweak, an integrated Wild Wasteland trait and easier hacking terminal mod. I also use Cobalt ENB. I wonder if I should try Zan AutoPurge Crash Protection (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49319/?) even though it's not listed on the guide. 

It's too frustrating to spend dozens of hours setting such complex mods and just having and unplayable experience. I wonder which logs and files I should post here to make the problem easier to detect. Please help. 

Edited by thebrazilian

2 answers to this question

If you used a different lighting mod than what's in the guide, you'll want to do a search for Nevada Skies in the guide to make sure you find and disable all plugins in the guide related to it.  I know there is at least one 1 Nevada Skies patch that gets installed for another mod.  Also, you might want to look into FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement instead of FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting.

EssArrBee has suggested in the past to not use an "autopurge" mod.  He suggested this one instead, even though it's not in the guide: PCB Hotkey (do a search for this in the Nexus).

I don't know what is causing your issues, but I can at least advise on doing what I just mentioned.

• +1 1

Well, I guess I'll change back to Nevada Skies then, I'd rather have low fps than not being able to play at all. Will try doing as you say and I'll report back the results. Thank you!

Edit: Reverted to Nevada Skies with Enhanced Shaders ENB, noticed that quicksaving took noticeably longer. Strangely, I got this new error crash (image attached)

It roughly translates to: "The instruction on 0x0000000077095E93 referenced the memory on 0x000000003F7DF013. The memory could not be written."

Anyone help?

Edit 2: After running  FNV 4GB as administrator, the error showed in the picture disappeared. Nonetheless, I still have game crashes on loading screens and randomly  ::(:

post-8064-0-61504200-1444006613_thumb.jpg

Edited by thebrazilian