Willow and Powered Power Armor - can't remove armor effects

oqhansoloqo

Question

I gave Willow some Enclave Onyx Power Armor to hold for me in her "don't use this" inventory.  Later on I removed it and other items, but there was a lingering active item in there called "[PA] Stealth Power Assist".  It appears to be an effect of the power armor as it says that it imparts sneak -15 and Lbs +40.  The game does not seem to want to allow me to remove this item from that inventory list.  Is the effect even working or no, being that it's in her "do not use" list?

In the future I will be careful not to have her hold onto power armor, but does anyone know how I can fix this..  console command or something to remove the "item" from that list?

3 answers to this question

Would 'showinventory' help? I'm not sure what that other inventory is, (or where its located) but  you are looking for the ID to remove it? If it opens a external inventory, maybe it's best looking for that in X cell so you can access it if it happens again? Maybe I'm missing your question as its late.

Just now looking through the PPA mod in xEdit and it appears that item may remain because of the scripts attached to it.

There's this script snippet:

;_________________________________
		;
		;		Destupidification

IF sItemEquipped == 1
			rContainer.additem PPATokenStupidFixer 1
			rContainer.equipitem PPATokenStupidFixer 1
			set sItemEquipped to 2
		ELSEif sItemEquipped == 2
			rContainer.removeitem PPATokenStupidFixer 2
			set sItemEquipped to 0
		ENDif

If I'm reading this correctly (not at all guaranteed) then these leftover items need to removed by the script based on whether they're equipped. Which I take it means the script isn't applied to the NPC, but it is just a leftover artifact.

Can PPATokenStupidFixer 2 be called from the console?

Would 'showinventory' help? I'm not sure what that other inventory is, (or where its located) but  you are looking for the ID to remove it? If it opens a external inventory, maybe it's best looking for that in X cell so you can access it if it happens again? Maybe I'm missing your question as its late.

"showinventory" seemed to only work for her regular inventory items, but I'm not sure because the list provided to me after running that command did not seem to include all of her regular inventory items.  For instance, It said she had 10 items, but in the list I only saw 9.  Maybe that other unlisted item from the PPA mod is the 10th?  I don't know...

Just now looking through the PPA mod in xEdit and it appears that item may remain because of the scripts attached to it.

There's this script snippet:

;
		;		Destupidification

IF sItemEquipped == 1
			rContainer.additem PPATokenStupidFixer 1
			rContainer.equipitem PPATokenStupidFixer 1
			set sItemEquipped to 2
		ELSEif sItemEquipped == 2
			rContainer.removeitem PPATokenStupidFixer 2
			set sItemEquipped to 0
		ENDif

If I'm reading this correctly (not at all guaranteed) then these leftover items need to removed by the script based on whether they're equipped. Which I take it means the script isn't applied to the NPC, but it is just a leftover artifact.

Can PPATokenStupidFixer 2 be called from the console?

It didn't seem to work.  I selected Willow and typed that ("PPATokenStupidFixer 2") into the console.  I got this message:

SCRIPTS: Script 'SysWindowCompileAndRun', line 1:

Script command "PPATokenStupidFixer" not found.

I also tried "rContainer.removeitem PPATokenStupidFixer 2" and got:

SCRIPTS: Script 'SysWindowCompileAndRun', line 1:

Syntax error.  Invalid reference 'rContainer' (only object references and reference variables are allowed in this context.)