help with memory settings. unsure

domjam

Question

hello im confused about memory settings.  im not sure if I understand it correctly  is this correct? i have 16gb of ram a 6gbs of vram on my graphcis card.

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=258
VideoMemorySizeMb=6144
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false
Edited by domjam

Yes, but unsafe isn't as "unsafe" as it might lead someone to believe.  My experience is that nearly everything Boris says tends to require a number of people analyzing it to make sure that what was said is understood properly.  :D  From my understanding, in some situations it might cause CTDs.  Other than that, it's not going to corrupt someone's game/save game - right?  If it ends up fixing a persistent stutter issue, but causes rare CTDs and causes no other damage then I would consider it a benefit.

Now that I know this is Skyrim we are talking about though and not Fallout New Vegas... let me suggest something else.  Set EnableZPrepass=false and FixLag=false.  If I set either of these to true in my own setup, stutter was worse.  In one case at least I remember it was much worse.