NVInteriors

I've got to say, there ought to be a warning on the bit telling you to install NVInteriors project.

That thing really, *really* breaks the lore.

Boulder City's supposed to be nearly abandoned. Ike even tells you nearly everyone left. That's why the Khans you're chasing came here. There's this supposed standoff between them and the few NCR soldiers around. And yet, with the mod, right across the street you've got this BoS-level NCR HQ with a dozen soldiers in it. That's just one example.

I'm not sure if it's this mod adding Veteran Rangers all over the place, but whichever does that should be flagged, too. Aside from them often being broken, you're specifically told those dudes are elsewhere. They're not intended to show up till much later.

It messes with the balance, too, because you find tons more loot (along with stupid made-up junk like weird magazines and gnomes everywhere).

Just my two cents. I heavily prefer top mod my game to be like Vanilla+, or at most lore-friendly, and I was under the impression this set-up was more or less like that (with the obvious exception of the one that adds like 20 inappropriate guns).

I don't want to go thru uninstallin g it and messing with my finally-working setup, so I keep going into buildings, realizing they're not "real" and leaving. Luckily I've played enough before to catch it quickly

Edited by thebigJ_A

I'll have to check that but I don't remember all those soldiers. 

• Overall it's incredibly lore friendly though unbalanced.  It doesn't have a PN-Rebalance patch, but needs one for all of its new consumables.  He distributes what looks cool, without thinking about balance.  If you played on normal without any difficulty mods it would be about right. 
  • It also needs NMC patch along with other texture patches since he uses copies of meshes that point to low quality textures instead of the normal texture paths so replacers don't work.
  • Nudie mags are really annoying, I agree with you there
  • Gnomes with funny stories throughout the environment were a part of FO3, and he just expanded on that.  I personally like it.

I'll have to check that but I don't remember all those soldiers. 

• Overall it's incredibly lore friendly though unbalanced.  It doesn't have a PN-Rebalance patch, but needs one for all of its new consumables.  He distributes what looks cool, without thinking about balance.  If you played on normal without any difficulty mods it would be about right. 
  • It also needs NMC patch along with other texture patches since he uses copies of meshes that point to low quality textures instead of the normal texture paths so replacers don't work.
  • Nudie mags are really annoying, I agree with you there
  • Gnomes with funny stories throughout the environment were a part of FO3, and he just expanded on that.  I personally like it.

I won't argue the gnome thing, since it's a matter of taste. I'm sick of mods adding extraneous BS that has nothing to do with the mod's intention, though. Like following this guide's set up... oh hey, now I have to watch out I don't pick up the dozens of bobble-heads Bison Steve redesigned or who-knows-what sprinkled throughout the entire game for no damn reason. It's too easy to get OP as it is, now I have to avoid the temptation to up my skills and atts constantly. We've already got books and implants. 

How it can be "incredibly lore friendly" When I just gave a pretty flagrant example of it totally ignoring the lore is beyond me. He put NCR Fort Knox in a city intentionally destroyed and essentially deserted by the the NCR. Hell they shouldn't even have anything like that, period. Not even the dam is that high tech.

Edit: Oh, and as for the veteran rangers, for example there's one (a ghoul specifically who in my game is unarmed and stuck permanently crouching) in Helios and another in the bar at Boulder City (with a missile launcher for some reason).

Not really related, but does anyone know if one of these mods effects the NCR Radio? I feel like it doesn't work in lots of places it used to (including Boulder City, where it probably should). I suppose something could have just broken it. Things are always a bit wonky in these games with mods.

Edited by thebigJ_A

I won't argue the gnome thing, since it's a matter of taste. I'm sick of mods adding extraneous BS that has nothing to do with the mod's intention, though. Like following this guide's set up... oh hey, now I have to watch out I don't pick up the dozens of bobble-heads Bison Steve redesigned or who-knows-what sprinkled throughout the entire game for no damn reason. It's too easy to get OP as it is, now I have to avoid the temptation to up my skills and atts constantly. We've already got books and implants. 

How it can be "incredibly lore friendly" When I just gave a pretty flagrant example of it totally ignoring the lore is beyond me. He put NCR Fort Knox in a city intentionally destroyed and essentially deserted by the the NCR. Hell they shouldn't even have anything like that, period. Not even the dam is that high tech.

Edit: Oh, and as for the veteran rangers, for example there's one (a ghoul specifically who in my game is unarmed and stuck permanently crouching) in Helios and another in the bar at Boulder City (with a missile launcher for some reason).

Not really related, but does anyone know if one of these mods effects the NCR Radio? I feel like it doesn't work in lots of places it used to (including Boulder City, where it probably should). I suppose something could have just broken it. Things are always a bit wonky in these games with mods.

I was referring more the added clutter.  I did just go and check on Boulder City additions. I hadn't realized the extent to which Chuck has started altering outside the interiors. That is going on my list of things to patch out.  If you have further examples I would appreciate listing.

I don't believe NV Interiors adds any Veteran Rangers, 'ghoulified' or not.

Maybe it's something else. It's not that much of a problem, anyway. Slightly jarring is all.

Well learn how to remove the 'extraneous BS' with TES5Edit. Then your problem is solved.

I'm afraid that doesn't quite follow, friend. If I'm shopping for a new car, and while I'm making the purchase the dealer also decides to drop a junker with no tires on my lawn "free"... sure, with some effort I can remove it but that doesn't make it ok. 

It wouldn't solve my problem, either. I'm an adult with limited game time. It just shifts my problem from dealing with junk in my game to wasting hours of limited time removing said junk.

I was referring more the added clutter.  I did just go and check on Boulder City additions. I hadn't realized the extent to which Chuck has started altering outside the interiors. That is going on my list of things to patch out.  If you have further examples I would appreciate listing.

I'm not too far in my playthrough, so that's most of what I've found so far. 

I do kind of get the feeling the modder was having fun and so went too far. Almost every single building in camp searchlight can be entered now. It makes it seem like the place was a bustling city when the Legion detonated the bomb, rather than a small NCR outpost. That's not as bad as Boulder, though.

(Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but don't the feral  ghoul soldiers there just attack with claws? There are about half that are basically just hostile ghoul npcs, using knives and such, rather than ghoul creatures. Just wondering, not complaining)

Then don't come in here and whine about it if you're not willing to do something about it. It's not hard to fix and wont take hours.

Chill, friend. Hostility isn't called for.

Last I checked this is the forum for discussing such things.

Have a nice day.

I found most of the mod's additions immersive, and I must admit I had no idea some of these interiors were added by the mod before reading this thread. The major downside for me, however, was the grammar, or lack therof, used in all of the writing. I did start working on a patch to rewrite some of the texts using G.E.C.K. (as I couldn't edit that much text is FNVEdit), but sadly that was lost when my hard drive died, and I doubt I'll find the energy to redo it. :(

I don't supposed anyone has done anything similar and would be willing to share? 

@Adonis_VII: Isn't there already an NMC-patch?

There is also this addition being worked on for anyone interested, apparently chucksteel has endorsed it. 

Edited by MonoAccipiter

There is an NMC patch, but its only a couple textures. There are many, many more that could be using higher res versions, both for NMC and for a couple other texture mods in F&L. I can cover alot of them using Alt textures with and esp, but some I'll have to ask Neil perm to edit to make fit, as Chuck combined some textures into a grid of larger ones that doesn't quite match.

Edited by Adonis_VII

• 3 months later...

I'm working on a mod rewriting all of the terminal entries and notes in this mod, as well as rectifying a lot of errors in item and location names ("abandon house" to "abandoned house" etc). Should be done in about one or two days depending on how much time I have to spend, as I'm about 2/3 done. I've also contacted Chucksteel to see if I can have his permission to upload it on the nexus, but he hasn't got back to me yet.