Complete Fast Travel Overhaul (by Kinaga)

Solmyr

Complete Fast Travel Overhaul (by Kinaga)

This mod is intended as a replacement for Better Fast Travel. From the Nexus page:

Ferries

• Ferries operate on the north coast, Solstheim, Lake Ilinata and Lake Honrich. Scroll down for a complete list of destinations.

• You can build a jetty and hire a ferryman at Lakeview Manor and Windstad Manor. A ferryman is also available for Honeyside.

• Ferries are slightly cheaper than carriages, but only offer destinations on the same waterway. They also offer some destinations that carriages do not. Previously they cost the same price, so there was no reason to use them - carriages were superior in every way.

• No more buggy ferry seats - after paying the ferryman you will be transported after a few seconds. You don't need to "use" the horrendous, glitchy "ferry seat" activator.

• To preserve realism, ferries do not offer routes that would involve going up or down waterfalls.

Carriages

• Carriages have been added to Falkreath, Morthal and Dawnstar.

• Different carriages use different breeds of horses, they're not all plain brown anymore.

• Carriages will take you to any settlement in Skyrim. When you ask to hire a carriage, you'll be presented with a list of nearby locations (usually within the current hold). You can also ask to be taken to any of the other 8 holds, in which case you'll be presented with a list of their settlements. Hearthfire homes are included as destinations (provided you own the house).

• Prices are roughly based on the length and danger of the journey. For example, from Whiterun a carriage to Riverwood is only 40 gold. To Falkreath it would cost 60 gold. To Winterhold it would cost 80 gold.

• You have to pay for a carriage before you can use it. If you change your mind, you can ask the driver for a refund. If you wait too long, you'll lose your money.

You have to tag it for testing.

I'm using it right now on STEP extended setup, not errors to report, only improvements:

It aways bugged me that the fast travel overhaul used in STEP placed a carriage in every single settlement, and they stood there all day long.

In this mod, you only have carriages in major settlements and can drop off cart in all settlements.

Boats are carrefully planned where it would be possible to handle then without going over waterfalls.

Both features above put it above the current STEP solution, in my view, not to mention the other stuff like no buggy activators, etc.

Better Fast Travel is obviously superior to this mod when it comes to customization. In fact it is so customizable that you could make it have the same stops as this mod and remove some of the carriages from the minor stops if you so want. This mod feels kinda redundant tbh.

It's supposed to have less script load than BFT. There were always people reporting issues with BFT. (not me though)

Apart from that most noteable differences are the ferry routes which have far more destinations than BFT. And the option to travel to Hearthfire homes once they are built.

However, I saw that BFT is under new management (check comments on Nexus page), so maybe that mod will receive some updates.

Edited by TirigonX

It's supposed to have less script load than BFT. There were always people reporting issues with BFT. (not me though)

Apart from that most noteable differences are the ferry routes which have far more destinations than BFT. And the option to travel to Hearthfire homes once they are built.

However, I saw that BFT is under new management (check comments on Nexus page), so maybe that mod will receive some updates.

The option to travel to/from HF homes is built-in BFT as well.