Undeleting Vanilla NavMeshes (that were marked as deleted by mods)

Sacralletius

Question

3 answers to this question

In this case, the way I would do it is remember the FormID then delete the record then renumber one of the local navmeshes (that are in the same cell) to the old formID. You'll get a dialogue about do you want to renumber dependent records, check them all and continue.

Im unsure whether this next step is necessary or not. I think it more conditional than anything.

After which open CK and select the plugin and then resave it (this finalizes the navi info.)

Done.

In this case, the way I would do it is remember the FormID then delete the record then renumber one of the local navmeshes (that are in the same cell) to the old formID. You'll get a dialogue about do you want to renumber dependent records, check them all and continue.

Im unsure whether this next step is necessary or not. I think it more conditional than anything.

After which open CK and select the plugin and then resave it (this finalizes the navi info.)

Done.

Thanks, that sounds great. :) I got some other plugins that have the same issue, but they don't add another NavMesh (in the same cell). In that case, should I just remove the deleted NavMesh?

Like in this case: https://i.imgur.com/svtPfnT.png

Thanks in advance

Edited by Sacralletius

Ok, so I opened xEdit and jotted down the formids(42c69, 92c6d, fc124) of the deleted nav meshes in that cell and then deleted the "deleted" flag and also took note of the worldspace(tamriel) and cell coordinates(33, 7) then saved the plugin and load it up in CK.

Here is a video, I don't know how much use it is going to be but there you go.

Pretty much what I am doing is finding the restored nav mesh and flood fill it so that I can deselect one tri and delete the others. This allows me to place the tri in a spot where it is not going to be used by the engine, this is generally near the center of the cell and below the main area, as for how far, it should just be below the main area but I tend to drag them WAY down because I can and why not. There is no specific way to handle this case but this is one of the various possible methods.

After which finalize and then save.

The reason why this is fine is because the engine has an issue with the deleted flag and any references to that deleted nav mesh.

I still do not know why people leave deleted nav meshes in their plugins. 

Note: you cannot save a plugin if it is open in another application. In the vid I had xEdit open which prevented me saving.

To move something vertically hold z.

I forgot how to toggle water and thats what I was searching for in the view menu.

I hope this helps. If I made a mistake somewhere, Im sure someone would correct me.