Missing Texture for Ebony Blade Sheath

MonstarVirus

Question

I'm using STEP Core v.2.2.9.9. Baseline build. I'm using Mod Organizer and the mods are prioritized in the order they are listed on the guide. I somehow missed Wiseman303's critter fixes when installing though I doubt this is causing the issue.

[spoiler=Load Order]Skyrim.esm

Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp
SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp
Dead Body Collision.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
Paralyze.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
RaceMenu.esp
SkyUI.esp
TradeBarter.esp
ViewableFactionRanksBothDLC.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
Point The Way.esp
SkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.esp
HearthfireChimneys.esp
Moss Rocks.esp
Moss Rocks_DB.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Beards.esp
Brows.esp
ORM-Arvak.esp
ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp
Elemental Staves.esp
GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp
DawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.esp
PilgrimsDelight.esp
Soul Gems Differ.esp
DragonShoutVoice.esp
ADS.esp
AOS.esp
Invisibility Eyes Fix.esp
aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp
imp_helm_legend.esp
IHSS.esp
Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
Better Stealth AI for Followers.esp
ClamsDropPearls.esp
Nausicaa's Tweaker.esp
NonEssentialChildren.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
Gildergreen Regrown.esp
RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp
ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp
Traps Make Noise.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
WM Trap Fixes.esp
STEP Core Patch.esp
DynDOLOD.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

post-7137-0-61170000-1435195679_thumb.png

Edited by MonstarVirus

13 answers to this question

Found the issue. I needed to turn off Mod Organizer's FOMOD installer plugin to allow for the internal FOMOD to activate. This installed the required files. Thanks for the help.

EDIT:

For clarity to anyone else having the same issue, click your settings button in Mod Organizer. Click the Plugins tab. Select Fomod Installer from the list. Double click prefer and change the setting from true to false. Exit out of the settings tab, and reinstall Greatsword Sheaths and Scabbards Redux per the STEP Guide instructions. Once it is installed, go back into your settings and turn the preferred setting for the Fomod Installer back to true.

Edited by MonstarVirus

Looking through everything, it looks like its cause by Greatsword Sheaths and Scabbards Redux. Its the only file that include ebony blade meshes. If I had to guess, it looks like it creates a mesh and there is no installed texture to go with that mesh from any mod. Have I installed something incorrectly? I followed the STEP guide to the letter, and everything appears in order. I noticed a similar issue for all greatswords when I installed GSaSR as I was testing each mod before I installed BSW. Could that have been installed incorrectly? I installed it using the instruction on its Wiki page.

That looks like a custom weapon that isn't in STEP. Do you have any mods installed which affects weapons beyond what is in STEP?

I investigated GSaSR more. It seems like everything is right in the files. The meshes are pointing to vanilla paths except with a custom scabbard was made and those point to the correct path as well.

I turned to BSW next. It doesn't even touch that file.

I have yet to try it out in game to see if it's working on my STEP setup.

EDIT:

Mine is fine... You must have something messed up.

Zmjnftt32UGSfo4c

Comparing mine to yours above, you have the wrong scabbard size installed. Reinstall GSaSR.

I have no idea what's causing the issue. I went back and reinstalled everything per the instructions. Same error. I had this issue before with ALL greatsword scabbards before installing BSW. When installing I'm choosing the Dawnguard and Dragonborn options. I'm choosing Meshes-Default. And Fullsize scabbards.

EDIT:

Reading the changelog of the mod itself shows that there should be one. Perhaps the issue is with the FOMOD installer not installing it properly for me. I'm gonna try manually installing the required fields.

Edited by MonstarVirus

Found the issue. I needed to turn off Mod Organizer's FOMOD installer plugin to allow for the internal FOMOD to activate. This installed the required files. Thanks for the help.

Do you mind posting which version of MO you are using? With the 1.3.8 release there was a lot work put into the FOMOD installer and it would be good to know if the fixes are working or if there is still more to do.

I had to turn the Fomod Installer Plugin in the settings tab of Mod Organizer from prefer true to prefer false. This way the Fomod included with the mod would activate to install the correct files. I hope that clarifies.

EDIT:

I'm using Mod Organizer v1.3.8.

Edited by MonstarVirus