Reinstalling Mod Organizer w/o losing mods, load order, etc.

Lt_Ballzacki

Question

I was wondering if there is a way to do a fresh install of mod organizer without losing all my progress within the program (eg. mods, load order, profiles, etc.). I have been having issues with certain features that I think will be fixed with a reinstall but don't want to lose all my mods.

>>A side note:

If there is no way to do this the main problem I am having is with the reproccer patcher for Skyrim Redone. I have used it before without issue but after a windows reinstall I am getting java error reports everytime I try to run it within mod organizer. When I run the jar outside of MO it runs fine. I have attached the error report for reference.

>>A screencap of what I mean: here

Edited by Lt_Ballzacki

7 answers to this question

Alright you reinstall instructions worked so thank you for that but I still cannot get SUM/Reproccer to run correctly. ::(:

Edit: I found out this is a problem with the latest version of MO 1.3.6. I reverted to 1.2.18 and the programs work fine again.

There is still a need to grab the UPDATE file from Nexus. Even though you have 1.3.6 installed there are 'updated' files in the 1.3.5 -- 1.3.6 Update file that will solve this Java issue.

The specific file that is needed is the 'hook.dll'. The version of this file in the FULL 1.3.6 files is 2.7.4. The version in the UPDATE file is 2.7.5 and this is needed.

Better version numbering would aleviate this situation and I have left a comment in the Bug Genie stating as much. Version numbers don't cost anything so there is no need to avoid using 1.3.6.1 if this a minor incremental update. 

You should be able to just copy the profiles, mods, and overwrite folders to the new install which should save everything, you should make a backup and install to another location to be sure.

Alright you reinstall instructions worked so thank you for that but I still cannot get SUM/Reproccer to run correctly. ::(:

Edit: I found out this is a problem with the latest version of MO 1.3.6. I reverted to 1.2.18 and the programs work fine again.

Edited by Lt_Ballzacki

There is still a need to grab the UPDATE file from Nexus. Even though you have 1.3.6 installed there are 'updated' files in the 1.3.5 -- 1.3.6 Update file that will solve this Java issue.

The specific file that is needed is the 'hook.dll'. The version of this file in the FULL 1.3.6 files is 2.7.4. The version in the UPDATE file is 2.7.5 and this is needed.

Better version numbering would aleviate this situation and I have left a comment in the Bug Genie stating as much. Version numbers don't cost anything so there is no need to avoid using 1.3.6.1 if this a minor incremental update. 

THANKS! This was not very clear on the mod organizer nexus page. After grabbing the update files and installing them over the old ones the programs are fixed again.

It shouldn't be necessary to download the update! I downloaded the full archives from Nexus yesterday and all of them contain the hook.dll in version 2.7.5.

Everyone who didn't download 1.3.6 in the first 2 hours or so shouldn't be affected.

Regarding version numbers: I can't increase the version number when the main application doesn't change! As you notice, ModOrganizer.exe and hook.dll have separete version numbers (1.3.6 vs. 2.7.5). I can't version them together because then I'd have to increase the version number on both, even if one of the files didn't actually change.

It shouldn't be necessary to download the update! I downloaded the full archives from Nexus yesterday and all of them contain the hook.dll in version 2.7.5.

Everyone who didn't download 1.3.6 in the first 2 hours or so shouldn't be affected.

Regarding version numbers: I can't increase the version number when the main application doesn't change! As you notice, ModOrganizer.exe and hook.dll have separete version numbers (1.3.6 vs. 2.7.5). I can't version them together because then I'd have to increase the version number on both, even if one of the files didn't actually change.

Well if that is the case (I have no reason to doubt you) then there is a horrendous delay in Nexus' updating of ALL their CDN servers.

As mentioned elsewhere, I downloaded the 1.3.6 version a good 6-8 hours after the first posting in Nexus of that issue. I tried again earlier today and the same files are being offered as the 1.3.6 version. That 'hook.dll' version 2.7.4 was still in the archive as of just a few hours ago.

I understand your reasoning on version numbers, I just don't think it is a helpful stance. However it's not a position I want to take a stand on, I'm not providing any code fixes so my stance is not worth anything!  ::):