Glowing Torch / Wall Sconce

Cameron9428

Question

Hi,

I have this issue with my current ENB that I do not know how to fix. I have attached a screenshot below depicting the problem. Basically torches on wall sconces are extremely bright. Does anyone know which setting needs to be adjusted to alleviate this problem? Thank you! <3

screenshot: https://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll118/Hitman4lyfe/enb%202015_05_06%2016_39_28_86.png

Edited by Cameron9428

8 answers to this question

Thanks for the help! However the issue remains with even with both lens and bloom disabled. Really not sure what the culprit is. Like I said, all other torches are fine, only the sconces are bright. Weird. Also I have no mod that alters the base brightness of torches. I am using Ruvaak Dahmaan ENB Redone.

Edited by Cameron9428

Has this been fixed in the meantime? 

If not, I have the same problem with some ENBs, got rid of it by changing the ENB settings in enbseries.ini as follows:

[FIRE]
IgnoreWeatherSystem=false  --> true (in some ENBs this setting does not matter, but in one case the fire did not change at all when left at "false")
IntensityInteriorDay=2.0 --> 0.5
IntensityInteriorNight=2.0 --> 0.5

This "tweak" may cause other fires to look barely lit, so you can raise [LIGHTSPRITE] IntensityInteriorDay/Night. This compensates the lacking intensity somehow. 

I am by far no expert and the "fix" does not solve the problem, but at least makes it less painful to look at. 

I wonder why this bug (is it a bug?) has not been addressed so far, you can see this happen even in some ENB authors' videos (with varying intensity). 
Edited by Thamantis

Just wanted to update: I have installed "Smoking Torches and Candles" today and the problem is gone! I can set Fire Intensity back to the original values, the "light halo" does no longer show up! :D

According to MO the meshes overwritten by "Smoking Torches and Candles" are: 

- meshes/weapons/torch/torch.nif (from "New Thinner Torch")

- meshes/clutter/common/torchpermanent01.nif (from ENB Particle Patch / SMIM)

So it is very likely that the problem is caused by the torch.nif mesh from "New Thinner Torch". The SMIM / ENB Particle Patch meshes are already optimised for ENB. 

I have not tested it though, too busy finetuning the new Rudy ENB + NLA (which I warmly recommend to anyone reading this) ;)