Mod Organizer support for Caliente's TexBlend

Curuedhel

Question

Hi folks.

I've just reinstalled Skyrim and modded up using MO for the first time, and been thoroughly impressed by it. However, having made some changes to NPCs myself I've got the usual neckseam problems (I'm using Apachii hairs and CBBE as well as a few other hair, eye and texture replacers).  I've seen a handful of people saying that they just added TexBlend to MO as an EXE as per usual and that it 'just worked' but that's not my experience.

While the program seems to run ok (it loads all the correct files etc.) when it saves, nothing appears either in my Overwrite folder or in Skyrim\Data, so I have no idea where (if at all) the blended files are being saved.

I've even tried editing the config.xml file for TexBlend to try and force it to write the files out elsewhere but to no avail.

Has anyone actually got this working, or alternatively got a suggestion of another way to get rid of neckseams in a MO friendly way?

Thanks for any help.

Curu.

5 answers to this question

The forum for Caliente's Texture Blender has a posting by a user called @notThePiper that provides the details needed to get this tool running in MO.

It is (at the time of this post) about half way down the 1st page.

It is basically just a reminder that after installing this package, I placed in its own folder in a dedicated folder I use for all my mod tools: C:\Games\Utils\TexBlend\ and then inside MO adding the executable: TexBlend.exe to the list of executables.

I just did a basic test of blending a texture and the result appears in the 'Overwrite' folder.

Some stuff about "The fix is in!", from the "Calientes Texture Blender" forum.

From Ozef below: 

For those Using MO 
- Install TexBlender anywhere you want 
- Go to texblend installation folder / open Config.xml 
- Uncomment <TexOutputPath> and put MO overwrite folder path like C:\Mod Organizer\overwrite\ DON'T Forget the f***ing last anti-slash 
- Save Config.xml 
- Add the TexBlend.exe in MO executable 
- Launch via MO and your good to Go. This way the modified files should go to your overwrite folder instead of directly modifing the original texture