Core mod install

richardo111

Question

I have a question that is sppining in my head, I am dowlnloading and installing 90% of the Core mod, but after that i want to put several mods on my own, mostly gameplay mods + some creatures + a couple of locations (helgen reborn + wyrmstooht) , my question is that when we talk about a heavily modded games, we are talking mostly about esp, not so much about textures (as 80% oif core is) IS that right?

It will have stability problems (not perfomance, i have a 5820K+ gtx 980, i think i am good there) Am I right?

7 answers to this question

It doesn't have to be instable.

I got an i7 2600 (without "K" and without OC) and a GTX 680 4GB and I'm currently running 257 esps. Performance-wise everything's perfectly fine despite STEP Extended (HD textures, mesh replacers,...), a lightning overhaul, 1080p and DS2X AA. I've even installed WARZONES 2015, which is pretty resource heavy, and don't have stutter during large fights. You should be fine running a similar amount of mods plus a nice ENB.

Stability-wise, everything's fine too except for one single mod that I'm trying to isolate at the moment but that's not even a general stability problem but restricted to Whiterun and Riften. Probably something from the REGS pack. Other than that, not a single CTD, freeze or anything similar in roughly 100 hours.

Have fun!

Thank you very much for your answer, what i can say, today is my sixth or seventh day just modding, preparing what i spect a wonderful play -through, 256 .esp? my God, i just envy you, if i achieve abotu 150 esp and an stable game i will be more that happy (texture packs appart)

if you can give me ANY hint i will really apreciate it :) (of course i use tes5edit, mo, loot, wrye-bash, and i plan to merge some esp (optional) using this tool https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37981/?

I have also a 4GB gpu and despite of having a k processor i run it a factory defaults 3,3 ghz, see how long canna i go with it at base clock

My God, 256 esp....... :) :) :) :)       ..... and warzones on top...... Jesus H Christ

Edited by richardo111

@elwaps

Your comment here and in another post is misleading, to say the least.

It is a hard-coded fact that the game engines used are limited to load only 256-1 plugins. Impossible to have more than that due to the way binary code works. Any more than the maximum and the register clocks over to zero again and starts counting from there.

The engines are 32bit which means 2^8=256. Subtract one for the initial plugin means 255.

You may have over 255 "MODS" installed with a number of those plugins merged into one or those mods may only contain assets, but certainly not more than 255 plugins are loaded.

No, textures are not 'plugins'.

A mod consists of basically two things: a plugin (*.esp/esm) and assets (textures, meshes, sounds, menus, etc.)

You can install as many 'mods' as you like, the only thing to watch for is the memory load, especially with your video card. This applies with textures as the greater the resolution of those textures, over the vanilla size, the more VRAM is needed and overloading this could cause issues. If your system starts using system RAM, that would ordinarily be used for other things when the VRAM is used up, then that might have undesirable effects, even CTDs.