Birds of Skyrim (by Qasiermo)

skwareballz

Discussion thread:
Birds of Skyrim by Qasiermo
Wiki Link

This adds a few birds with custom models to Skyrim. It is in the same vein as More Village Animals.

Roosters and baby chickens added to farms, seagulls added to ports, pigeons added to the main cities, and crows added to College of Winterhold and Windhelm, plus some rare white grouse in the forest but you'll never find it. It just adds a little more life to Skyrim, which is a good thing.

A bit of a WIP, but one to watch depending how far the author decides to take it (personally would like to see ducks in the pond and lake areas).

The screenshots look awesome. Having random birds around seems makes the place feel more real. Some of the textures could be worked on a bit, but that's not a huge issue. Combine this with pets of skyrim and animals will be everywhere. If only we could get the cats from that mod to chase after the birds :P

• 3 months later...

agree with Neovalen and JudgmentJay... if only birds could fly away.... but pretty good mod imo.

combined with pets of skyrim and improved fish is a really promising pack Compiler...please add it.

i mean ...combined... something like... unique esp would be great

• 9 months later...
I like this mod' date=' but to me it's kind of immersion-breaking that the birds don't fly away when people are basically walking on top of them.[/quote']

I came to post this. They block your walk, they don't fly away or even move to get from underfoot (which is what birds more accustomed to humans do). They're more immersion breaking than anything else.

I like this mod' date=' but to me it's kind of immersion-breaking that the birds don't fly away when people are basically walking on top of them.[/quote']

I came to post this. They block your walk' date=' they don't fly away or even move to get from underfoot (which is what birds more accustomed to humans do). They're more immersion breaking than anything else.[/quote']

Because of this and several other complaints about this mod, I'm challenging its inclusion in STEP. I have the same complaints myself.

It doesn't contain any scripts, but I don't know if it uses any vanilla scripts, I doubt it does.

I don't know if they use the Chicken AI package, but I wonder if that package could be modified to at least make them "flee" a short distance when the player is near.