Mod Organizer hanging on launch

Ares90000

Question

I've just recently installed MO to replace NMM.  After finishing moving all of my files to MO and attempting to download more, I've ran into some problems with Windows attempting to run another MO process if it is already open when I try to download with manager.  Now more recently MO doesn't seem to be opening in general, all it does is start a process that uses up 15% of my CPU and then hangs, not even the MO splash will appear.

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Ares90000/SystemSpecs  If needed, running on Windows 7

Hey Guys I know this is an old thread and I might be better served starting a new one but I wanted to give this a shot first.

I am having a similar issue but let me explain how I got to this spot. I had a working copy of MO v 1_3_11 with a working modded copy of Skyrim, I attempted to use a steam mover to move the game and a manual process to move my MO folder over to an SSD, turns out that the SSD was exfat not ntfs and this messed things up so i'm starting over new with just my mods folder rared up as a backup. 

When launching MO I would just get the splash screen and it hangs there indefinitely, I uninstalled the app, removed all registry entry's and folders and reinstalled it in a new location fresh, no mods no profiles nothing, I have a new install of skyrim from steam in a new steam library folder nothing done to it but launch it once and let it detect video settings. I've excluded the Skyrim folder and the Utilities folder where I have the installer and have MO installed too, I launch it and still get just a splashscreen. Please help if anyone has any input, i'm pulling my hair out over this one.

Welcome to STEP @TylerTech

MO is a fully portable application so as long as ALL the folders are correctly addressed in the INI you should have a working installation for managing Skyrim.

If Skyrim can be started and loads correctly then the registry settings should also be correctly set and all will be fine.

If your current method isn't working, simply install a fresh MO somewhere on your system, preferrably away from UAC folders like "Program Files" and start it. If Skyrim is correctly setup you will be presented with the game selector dialogue where you should choose 'Skyrim' when asked. If this dialogue does not appear then you have an issue with your Skyrim install.

If all of that fails then there is something stopping the MO executable from continuing and you should start Windows event viewer, or similar, to see what is hindering it. Possibly an overly zealous AV package.

Thank you for the welcome and timely response!

Per your recommendation I went back in and started looking at the new clean install of skyrim and sure enough something was keeping the settings from saving after I changed them in the launcher. I tracked it down to Documents\my games\Skyrim\SkyrimPerfs.ini , that file got made into a symlink by the SaveGame Manager Steam Spreader app that I tried to use and failed. Because the symlink was broken it treated it like it was read only. Once I deleted that and started the launcher I was able to start mod manager.

Now to get my mods restored and test out some ENB settings, thanks again!