Can't add executable?

Darklustre

Question

Posted (edited)

I've been trying to get SeEdit in the executables for weeks. When I browse the directories for Start In I can find the folder I have it downloaded to but the executables are hidden. When I go to the folder outside of MO2 I have no problem seeing them and it's operating fine. I've added the apps to the firewall, turned off my firewall altogether and tried running as admin. The files are hidden every time. I have MO2 v. 2.5 and Windows Defender.

What am I missing?

I should also mention that I had no trouble setting Loot up in the Executables.

Edited by Darklustre

2 answers to this question

I think you are misunderstanding how it works and just doing it wrong:

image.png

Set path to 'Binary' to see EXEs ^

image.png

Set path to containing folder for "Start in" (you will not see EXEs here, siunce it's only looking for directory locations ^ (but this piece isn't even necessary for 99.9% of use cases)

Note that the latest build (v4.1.5f) has several copies of the 32-bit and 64-bit binaries (EXEs). They are the same files with different icons. The name of the EXE doesn't matter if you use the command parameter method to define the game compatibility mode (aka the command line switch ... -sse in this case). I can point to xFOEdit64.exe, xSFEdit64.exe, or xTESEdit64.exe with the exact same result. If this bothers you, you can rename xTESEdit64.exe to xEdit64.exe.

Always use the 64-bit binary if you run a 64-bit system (all modern PCs use 64-bit arch).

On 5/1/2024 at 2:52 PM, Darklustre said:

I've been trying to get SeEdit in the executables for weeks. When I browse the directories for Start In I can find the folder I have it downloaded to but the executables are hidden. When I go to the folder outside of MO2 I have no problem seeing them and it's operating fine. I've added the apps to the firewall, turned off my firewall altogether and tried running as admin. The files are hidden every time. I have MO2 v. 2.5 and Windows Defender.

What am I missing?

I should also mention that I had no trouble setting Loot up in the Executables.

See previous post and let us know if this resolved.