Left hand spell animation has a graphic tear

GrantSP

Question

I sometimes notice this graphic tear when the PC has a spell in the left hand.

It only becomes visible when I am looking a specific way and the background is sufficiently light to show, as in this screenshot. It doesn't seem to matter which spell either, though I haven't done any real exhaustive comparisons.

Is this a vanilla anomaly or is something else perhaps amiss with my setup. I do have FNIS - Spells installed.

I wouldn't rate this as a particularly vital error to fix, just one of those things that I notice and it spoils the feeling for a moment.

On a related matter. I can not get any screenshots to work unless I run Fraps and capture them with that. Using the standard PrtScr, which on my laptop is a two key affair, Fn+End, the resultant screenshot *.bmps that are saved into the Skyrim folder are completely screwed. All the images are slanted to the left at 45 degrees and striped like some old fashion interleave setting in my games from the 80's.

I usually use Cropper but I think it may be having trouble now MO is starting the game. Maybe, not sure. At any rate none of the Cropper keys are working in Skyrim.

Any alternatives to take screenshots besides Fraps?

5 answers to this question

someone probably messed up the alpha layer on whatever that effect is

I wouldn't know where to look what spell is it?

is it on all of them, a certain type or that one in particular?

I use a similar capture software (puush)

I dont think any of them can see directX games 

I use enb for capturing them :/

You're going to say I'm crazy now.

I finally decided to try out an ENB, I went for Realvision, and afterward I thought I better see exactly which spells were effected. Previously it was the Destruction spells: Flame, Ice, Spark, etc. that had that tear. Well you wouldn't believe it, now there isn't any tears with any of the spells.

I swear I'm not trying to wind you up, I can't find the tear anywhere.

I have no idea if that is possible, not having a great understanding of ENBs and how they work. Could they possibly smooth over any rogue joins between graphics? I wouldn't have thought so yet my eyes aren't deceiving me.

Thanks for the screenshot tips. So ENB can take screenshots? Didn't know that. Another thing I have to read up on.

hmm... 

I had some strange anomalies with the light spheres(I dont know what they're called) 

The light was there but the center was missing and wasn't colored.

I dont have a pic but its really random and I havent looked into it

could it be realated to some outside weirdness like ENB/Sweetfx

next time you see it toggle those

I think sweetfx is scroll lock

Will do. Thanks.

About the screenshots that ENB takes, I've figured out how they are activated and I can now get screenshots that are actually workable images, not messed up rubbish from the vanilla. What I would like to know is, can I specify a folder for them to be saved or is it always going to be the Skyrim folder? It looks like ENB is just taking control of the default code and therefore it will always be where vanilla saves them, but I'm not sure.