Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival (by Chesko)

Vond

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11163This is a realism mod which in my opinion adds a lot to the game, and something I'm surprised they didn't include in a hardcore-mode. It is an amazing mod for improving immersion, especially together with some other mods I'll suggest.

The mod adds cold effects amongst other things, and you need to consider this when traveling. Wear warm clothing and a cloak, make a campfire, use torches etc - any heatsource helps, to various degrees. It is very complex but also very simple to use and very customizable. As far as I am aware, it is compatible with just about everything except other hypothermia mods.

One note though, quoting from the mod description:

Frostfall also now features OpticShooter's Get Wet - Water FX shader from W.A.T.E.R, built directly into Frostfall to enhance the visual effect of being wet from rain or swimming. It is also timed against Frostfall's new game mechanics. (Used with permission)

What this last part means is that if you use Frostfall, disable the Get wet esp from WATER, as it is built into Frostfall anyway.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

Ok, this is my first post here, so I would like to thank you for this amazing GUIDE (S.T.E.P.).

I have a question concerning this FROSTFALL. Unfortunately, before I found this epic guide I have already started playing Skyrim with Frostfall Hypothermia C.S. and Imp's more complex Needs, so I was wondering if any of you here did the same... Even though I reinstalled the game and started following the guide completely, I would like to make an exception in these 2 mods and keep them. I'm just not sure how it would fit to the rest of STEP suggested mods.

I'm kinda affraid that other hypothermia and food mod will break my savegames (and I am not sure how good they are related to those I mentioned).

Anyways, if some of you had experience with it, I would appr feedback, if not, well I will test it and get back to you...

Thanks in forward...

What this last part means is that if you use Frostfall, disable the Get wet esp from WATER, as it is built into Frostfall anyway.

Eventually, the Bashed Patch will take care of this, but it is likely redundant now.

Eventually, the Bashed Patch will take care of this, but it is likely redundant now.

Not quite sure that is something WB could handle in that case but never looked into it either, but since it has nothing to do with leveled lists etc I dunno. Then again it shouldn't BREAK anything, would just be redundant

@DracoArgento: If you want to keep using Frostfall (you should!) then don't use Hypothermia. IMCN however has quite a few scripting issues and seems to have been abandoned (author not responding for months etc) so I would look into replacing that. Just make sure to follow proper uninstallation procedures.

I'm kinda affraid that other hypothermia and food mod will break my savegames

It's not that new ones will break your savegames, its that the old ones will. You can never remove those from your savegame. Just keep what you have and skip installing any similar mods included in STEP.

If you find your game already getting buggy you can try this procedure and it may help a bit.

Well, thx for all the info VOND and FRIHYLAND, but...

Unfortunately for me, I could not find a way to open those savegames so I am starting a NEW GAME again. This time, I will accept STEP's suggestion (I have Hypothermia and Total realism now). I liked the other ones a lot and now I will check these two. Maybe they are good, too.

P.S. (not regarding this topic) I've just finished downloading and implementing the whole STEP and I would like to know if there is a TOPIC where I could report my experience with ALL the mods

Well, thx for all the info VOND and FRIHYLAND, but...

Unfortunately for me, I could not find a way to open those savegames so I am starting a NEW GAME again. This time, I will accept STEP's suggestion (I have Hypothermia and Total realism now). I liked the other ones a lot and now I will check these two. Maybe they are good, too.

P.S. (not regarding this topic) I've just finished downloading and implementing the whole STEP and I would like to know if there is a TOPIC where I could report my experience with ALL the mods

Hope you enjoy STEP. Use bug reporting to report bugs, use each mods thread to report on them individually, and you may start a topic in STEP related to talk about step as a whole.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just registered (as evidenced by my post count).

Thanks for recommending Frostfall, Vond!

Frostfall is compatible with almost everything, as I went out of my way to ensure this. However, there are a few cases where there may be interoperability issues:

• Hypothermia. While not technically incompatible, we implement many of the same game mechanics, and it would be redundant to use both.
  • Weather mods that add new base weather types will not be recognized by Frostfall. It won't break anything, but Frostfall treats weather it doesn't "know" as "temperate" (no change in Exposure Points)
  • Tales of Lycanthropy:A compatibility issue has been reported where transforming into a Werewolf while using ToL and Frostfall will cause you to lose Exposure Points very rapidly in cold regions. It can be fixed by changing the animation settings to use the default transformation animation (

set lycan_transformationsetting to 3). This seems like an old issue that should be fixed in the next version.

• Vampire mods that use custom vampirism scripts will not be seen by Frostfall. In Frostfall, vampires are immune to exposure and freezing water (with the exception of becoming slower when extremely cold). Belua Sanguinare Revisited is known to have this issue, and I have contacted the author to see if there is something we can do about it.
  • Get Wet - Water FX: As mentioned, Frostfall includes this shader. A Bashed Patch will not fix an interoperability issue with using both of these at once, since OpticShooter uses his own scripts to drive the shader in the stand-alone version. These do not need to run. It won't break anything, but the visual effect won't match the gameplay mechanic. Frostfall introduces three stages of wetness (Drenched, Wet, Damp), each with unique visual effects. Being wet in Frostfall has the effect of losing Exposure Points more rapidly depending on how wet you are.

I think that's everything :) Hopefully this will be useful information if Frostfall is ever included in STEP. It is still under active development, with some nice features slated for the next release, including dynamic backpacks, placement visualization for camping equipment, and a new campfire system which will allow you to burn almost any flammable items as a fuel source.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So this is where my thread disappeared to. Thanks!

I'm hard at work on the next update, 1.6.1, which will include a host of new features that I think people are really going to enjoy, such as dynamic backpacks, a new weather detection system compatible with most weather mods, a more flexible campfire system, and more.