VioLens-A Killmove Mod (by Reko)

DoubleYou

From the looks of the plugin, all you should need to do is remove the Null Reference. It is merely a condition, so a null condition should effectively do nothing, so removing the null condition should fix that. Probably he intended to add a condition for it to run, and forgot it. Should just run more often then.

From reading a little more, I rather doubt that that is what is causing the issue, even if it be an issue. You could remove it in TES5Edit, although I can't guarantee it won't break something. (I just got my wisdom teeth out, so I might be a little loupy).

LOL, fair enough. I might try this with a fresh save and profile with just what is needed for the mod installed, remove that instance and see what happens. Irish said he was interested in a fix for it, so thought I might try and help him. And damn those wisdom teeth, I had three pulled and got lucky with the last one, my back moler had to get removed before the last came in, so when it did, it just fell into the spot where my moler was, and is still there. And boy was I glad, was not looking forward to another wisdom tooth getting pulled!

This mod works flawlessly more or less, I really like it. I think this mod could very easily be incorporated into the STEP Extended. Don't see this being a fit for Core, especially given the future direction of STEP, and Core should be nothing more than bare essentials to increase compatibility with other packs imo.

Thinking about it more, from a Pack standpoint, this would better fit in Extended.

Not to be argumentative, but consider this quote from the mod author Reko:

"TDoD's perk restriction system was entirely custom and didn't actually impact decapitations, turning it off made it act like vanilla Skyrim so it could be compatible with SkyRe. VioLens doesn't have any of that, so it's already compatible with SkyRe, and the Perks option for decapitations should be compatible since SkyRe still uses those 2 Perks to allow/restrict decapitations. I think it just renames one of them. If you find that it's not working with SkyRe, let me know, and you'll have to force decapitations On with the toggle whenever you get the respective perks."

from the mod's description page:

Incompatible Mods;The Dance of DeathAdvanced KillmovesCombat Drama OverhaulMore Killmoves for all Weapon TypesAny mods that also change the way Melee/Ranged Killmoves work.

Since STEP Pack authors may desire to use one of the above incompatible mods, STEP Extended is probably a better fit than Core, but the assets & mechanic are a corrected & extended vanilla.

Not to be argumentative, but consider this quote from the mod author Reko:

"TDoD's perk restriction system was entirely custom and didn't actually impact decapitations, turning it off made it act like vanilla Skyrim so it could be compatible with SkyRe. VioLens doesn't have any of that, so it's already compatible with SkyRe, and the Perks option for decapitations should be compatible since SkyRe still uses those 2 Perks to allow/restrict decapitations. I think it just renames one of them. If you find that it's not working with SkyRe, let me know, and you'll have to force decapitations On with the toggle whenever you get the respective perks."

from the mod's description page:

Incompatible Mods;The Dance of DeathAdvanced KillmovesCombat Drama OverhaulMore Killmoves for all Weapon TypesAny mods that also change the way Melee/Ranged Killmoves work.

Since STEP Pack authors may desire to use one of the above incompatible mods, STEP Extended is probably a better fit than Core, but the assets & mechanic are a corrected & extended vanilla.

Which is why I switched my idea from Core to Extended, as to enable Core to still be a compatible structure to be built upon.

Which is why I switched my idea from Core to Extended, as to enable Core to still be a compatible structure to be built upon.

Gotcha, you convinced me so I posted up with some supporting evidence to second your nomination. If there's some testing functions that I could be doing while continuing to enjoy my current profile, I'd be happy to contribute on that front.