A little problem with a specfic ENB and ENBoost(laptop)

Halde

Question

Hi all!

So I don't have the greatest computer ever. Running i7-4702MQ 2.2GHz, GTX 760m 2GB VRAM and 8GB RAM.

But I found an ENB, that I assume I can pull off, called "I Can't Believe Its Not an ENB". I found a liking to the screenshots. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48554/?

Anywho, for this mod to work with ENBoost, one need to install ENBoost as one normally would, but with renaming the d3d9.dll and changing a thing or two in the enblocal.ini. While this is all fine, my problem is, that when running a laptop, I need to use the Optimus fix in order to run Wrapper version of ENB. So I now have 3 different d3d9.dll in my Skyrim folder. One of them(ENBoost) is called d3d9_sweetfx.dll, another(the ENB preset) is called d3d9orig.dll and Optimus is the actual d3d9.dll. I'm not sure which part it is, but my game cannot detect the ENB. The "info" box in the upper left corner of the game, doesn't appear. 

Can someone help explain and possibly solve this? Perhaps I need to use the Injector(which I have used before) as ENBoost? 

I'm on very uncertain ground.

~Sincerely

Halde

Edited by Halde

3 answers to this question

ENB(oost) needs to be called d3d9.dll or it wont be detected. You link to the other two via enblocal.ini. Never played with optimus so perhaps someone else will fill in specifics in that regard. But if you can use injector then just do that. The end result is the same. 

Also it is a sweetFX preset not an ENB one.... the name is just trying to be catchy. 

ENB(oost) needs to be called d3d9.dll or it wont be detected. You link to the other two via enblocal.ini. Never played with optimus so perhaps someone else will fill in specifics in that regard. But if you can use injector then just do that. The end result is the same. Also it is a sweetFX preset not an ENB one.... the name is just trying to be catchy.

No this wrong. The Optimus fix should be d3d9.dll and you rename the ENB one. You also must manually make sure that skyrim.exe is forced to use the nvidia gpu in your nvidia control panel.