Nvidia Optimus D3D9 DLL Fix (by HiAlgoBoost)

DoubleYou

My eldest has a Lenovo laptop with Optimus

Aswell as getting the NVidia Settings set correctly ( TESV.exe and SkyrimLauncher.exe to use High-Performance NVidia processor ) ..

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/~/how-do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings%3F

We found that using Optimus D3D9.dll and renaming the wrapper version of ENB to D3D9Orig.dll, means we do not have to launch the injector all the time .. And it works really well ( even though we only use ENB for its ENBoost and switch the graphics settings off in ENBLocal.ini )

That tip reference setting High Performance also for the games launcher is a useful one .. On the one machine we have Skyrims launcher defaults to not using NVidia for the launcher ..

Which means if you for example delete your Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini, the launcher regenerates them .. For the graphics card it detects.

If the launcher is not using NVidia card, and say using an Intel HD 3/4000, the settings set by the launcher are wrong for the NVidia card when the game exe is launched and kicks in the correct graphics card.

Just make sure that the launcher exe also uses your NVidia card. Caused us a few nights studying and scratching heads as to why the game was performing rubbish on a brand new powerful laptop. Its marvellous now, just wish it was mine :)

• 1 month later...

The injector version is perfectly capable of working with ENBoost. Also, some users, myself included, cannot use this for some reason after ENB v.252.

Um no, not everyone can even use injector version.

I installed injector version and it doesn't even do anything, Skyrim doesn't detect it's running ENB. Yes I launched the injector exe. Using IdeaPad Y510P Intel HD 4600/Nvidia GeForce GT750M.