Simple Multiple Followers by kuertee

Garfink

Simple Multiple Follower by Kuertee

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31581/?

Just thought I will bring this mod under the spotlight.  Very underrated follower mod.  It doesn't have as many functions as AFT, EFF or UFO (does anyone still use UFO??), but what it has is unique and makes up for what it is missing in my opinion and its the follower mod I am using.  (I have used them all before).

Advantages I can see:

1) Super compatible with every follower mod out there.  Works 100% fine with Interesting NPC without any "experimental" patching or other adjustments.  I've had issues with iNPC followers & Vilja in the past.

2) Has this super auto equip function, where the follower can look in your inventory or the inventory of your other followers and pick and choose what he/she wants to equipment, even reload on ammo and potions!  Its very immersive and makes them feel like they are making the choice.  Sometimes its surprising what they equip.  You can of course do it manually or take back anything you don't want them to equip too.  This function also saves you the micromanagement of your inventory which is always good.

3) Doesn't use the scroll menu, uses them instant pop-up menu which I like better.  Its faster and more responsive and you don't have to scroll through a whole lot of pointless dialogue just to trade with your characters.

4) It has the BEST sandbox function all the follower mods, after about 10 sec of idle time, your followers will go find something to do, you don't need to command them to rest!  It just works seemlessly.

The things I miss in the other mods:

1) Leveling with your character beyond what is programmed.  I solve this problem with the Endgame Character Overhaul which pretty much fixes this issue and re-programs the followers so they still function in the late game effectively.   https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49330/?

2) Can't micromanage how your followers will fight, they just fight as they do.  Which I don't have a problem with, but some may.  I find that you can pretty much crudely adjust how followers fight by what you arm them with.

3) That pop-up menu could be a problem with Xbox 360 controllers I guess.  I don't use one so I don't know.

It's a mod that is simple and its now my follower mod of choice.

Edited by Garfink
  • +1 1

Oh, this looks cool. Considering the only reason I ever wanted mods like EFF, UFO, etc. was because I wanted invincible followers and multiple followers. This mod seems to accomplish all that without requiring me to download scores of plugins and patches.

Sounds good! 

Simple Multiple Follower by Kuertee

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31581/?

Just thought I will bring this mod under the spotlight.  Very underrated follower mod.  It doesn't have as many functions as AFT, EFF or UFO (does anyone still use UFO??), but what it has is unique and makes up for what it is missing in my opinion and its the follower mod I am using.  (I have used them all before).

Advantages I can see:

1) Super compatible with every follower mod out there.  Works 100% fine with Interesting NPC without any "experimental" patching or other adjustments.  I've had issues with iNPC followers & Vilja in the past.

2) Has this super auto equip function, where the follower can look in your inventory or the inventory of your other followers and pick and choose what he/she wants to equipment, even reload on ammo and potions!  Its very immersive and makes them feel like they are making the choice.  Sometimes its surprising what they equip.  You can of course do it manually or take back anything you don't want them to equip too.  This function also saves you the micromanagement of your inventory which is always good.

3) Doesn't use the scroll menu, uses them instant pop-up menu which I like better.  Its faster and more responsive and you don't have to scroll through a whole lot of pointless dialogue just to trade with your characters.

4) It has the BEST sandbox function all the follower mods, after about 10 sec of idle time, your followers will go find something to do, you don't need to command them to rest!  It just works seemlessly.

The things I miss in the other mods:

1) Leveling with your character beyond what is programmed.  I solve this problem with the Endgame Character Overhaul which pretty much fixes this issue.  

2) Can't micromanage how your followers will fight, they just fight as they do.  Which I don't have a problem with, but some may.  I find that you can pretty much crudely adjust how followers fight by what you arm them with.

3) That pop-up menu could be a problem with Xbox 360 controllers I guess.  I don't use one so I don't know.

It's a mod that is simple and its now my follower mod of choice.

2) Will they take Fav'd/equipped items or will they leave them alone?

4) Can you switch that off? I can think of a scenario where I am sneaking and need to wait for a guard to walk away or to come closed to shoot them with a bow or something. If my followers start wandering off... Not good!

2) They it will leave them alone!  It's Kuertee!  He thinks of everything!

4) Yes, it has a MCM menu.  BUT I don't think there is an option to adjust how long the idle time before sandbox mode.  Also the followers don't go sandbox with enemies nearby.

Edited by Garfink

Ah, OK. Sounds really good then! If I knew about it before, I'd definitely install it instead of EFF for the current playthrough, as the latter doesn't work correctly with Sky Haven Temple Enhanced - Recruit More Blades. In fact, it's SHTE not working correctly with EFF... The recruit more blades function is not working sadly (the other features still work perfectly fine though). 

Maybe I will make an attempt to uninstall EFF, try to use that new Save Cleaner tool I've made a thread about recently. See how it goes.

Oh, works fine with Sky Haven Temple Enhanced - Recruit More Blades!  Just finished a playthrough with both these mods.

Also you can still use the original trading mechanic to trade between you and follower via talking to them, so there is still that if you want it.

There are other options in the MCM menu too.  

Edited by Garfink

I don't think so, it has another function that emulates something like that, you can get your followers to wait anywhere and treat it like home.  You'll need to check the mod description out to get the exact answer, as I never really used that function before.

I think you can but I'm not sure.

On a side note I also encouraging people to look at the other author's mods. Some of them are brilliant especially the auto save one.

I agree with this comment. His other mods are great also. I always use his autosave, needs and profession mods at a minimum, but the others are pretty cool also.

The profession mod is amazing too, I don't bother with the professions, I just use the part where you can add real game time when smithing, reading, alchemy etc.  Just a little, it adds a lot more immersion when after you smith some epic equipment, its dark and you are starving!